The AEW Thread

TheGoon

It feels like it's inevitable that MJF will take the title, and if that's the case I think it's less damaging to mox than it would be to Bryan, with a short reign.

That was a great show all round, the pop for the acclaimed was something else, and I never saw the saraya appearance coming, it's been quiet for a while.

I agree on the above, bet ROH has a TV deal.

28 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

It feels like it's inevitable that MJF will take the title, and if that's the case I think it's less damaging to mox than it would be to Bryan, with a short reign.

That was a great show all round, the pop for the acclaimed was something else, and I never saw the saraya appearance coming, it's been quiet for a while.

I agree on the above, bet ROH has a TV deal.

It just feels like Danielson has been beaten way too often recently. MJF will likely end up as champ sooner rather than later but if we carry on like this Mox will be tied with Cena and Flair by the end of next year.

Really thought Danielson would have won it but makes sense Mox winning if he's going to drop it to MJF. I don't see Danielson winning a title in AEW but I think he's ok with that and realises his place in the company. Also I think they feel a certain loyalty to Mox considering he's always there to carry the company when the shit hits the fan so not hugely surprising they stuck the belt back on him.

7 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Before they've done that, ROH must have gotten a TV deal. Exactly the same as with Dynamite, Jericho as champ helped get it off the ground. 

When they started booking separate Dynamite and Rampage tapings there has been the presumption that something is in place. ROH or the rumoured Women's show.

As who the hell would want to sit through one hour of Rampage and about 2 hours of Dark.

5 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

AEW is essentially 2000 WCW now.

The people that say these things have never put themselves through 2000 WCW. 

Nothing will ever be as bad as it. TNA tried, but even they could not surpass it.

WCW Nitro 25/09/2000 from Uniondale, New York

1. Stickball v. Kendo Stick: Johnny the Bull v. Big Vito
  2. WCW World Tag Title for the vacant title: 3-Count v. Jindrak & O'Haire v. Filthy Animals v. Harris Brothers v. MIA v. Jung Dragons
  3. Mike Awesome v. Insane Clown Posse
  4. Caged Heat: Goldberg v. Scott Steiner
  5. Jeff Jarrett v. General Rection
  6. Sting v. Lance Storm
  7. WCW World Title Caged Heat:  Vince Russo v. Booker T (c)

The longest match goes 8 minutes.

Jeff Jarrett actually covers this on the latest My World podcast if you want proper flashbacks.

Thought that was a brilliant episode of Dynamite. Absolutely flew in. Enjoyed all the matches but the tag match was the best, both in terms of quality and crowd. Great pop.

Is Saraya going to be wrestling? 

Thought either Mox or Danielson winning would have made sense, so think the outcome is fine. MJF now gets to fight the guy who is AEW, the gut who has carried the company, and the guy who is the best in the company. 

I read that they're taking emphasis away from the rankings now. Probably makes sense since they booked themselves in to a corner too often with it (why wasn't Hobbs in the title tournament for example?), but they can always refer back to them if needed I suppose. Unsure what purpose the number one contender match on Rampage serves though, other than to set up someone for Mox to beat before facing MJF at the PPV? Rampage looks like it will be great too. Good looking card.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is Saraya going to be wrestling?

That's certainly the expectation. Could see a team with Toni Storm v. Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter as a first match back. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Unsure what purpose the number one contender match on Rampage serves though, other than to set up someone for Mox to beat before facing MJF at the PPV?

Full Gear's not until the middle of November. Gotta have someone in between. Fortunately, Mox excels in the random challenger. I've avoided spoilers I could maybe see it being the Battle of the Belts main event since it's going to be seen as an RPG side quest or on the Anniversary show.

Potential to go against some of The Firm between now and then as well to build to the PPV. Then Mox can finally get that vacation.

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Really good Rampage, Jungle Boy & Fenix was excellent. Great Muta was a great surprise too. 

Only seen the first half of Rampage so far but aye, the JB/Fenix match was indeed excellent. Opener was hot too and Muta was indeed a surprise. AEW have used Sting to absolute perfection, and I love seeing him every time. Any match he's in is pretty much guaranteed to be at the very least enjoyable.

Wardlow and Joe are a tremendous pairing. Just fits and hope we see more of it. 

Thought Action Bronson was terrific, even if he didn't do that much. Moved surprisingly quickly and well. Looked pretty natural and would like to see more of him.

Will watch the second half of the show later tonight I think.

Hadn't thought of it that way. Just that they're finally doing something with him again. Obviously a plan heading into the Trios tournament. Then the Bucks are out, Reynolds got legit injured, and then the Tournament of Champions was needed. Shuffling the deck has been going on. The final two being Rush & Hangman playing into the Dark Order and Ingobernables.

10 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hadn't thought of it that way. Just that they're finally doing something with him again. Obviously a plan heading into the Trios tournament. Then the Bucks are out, Reynolds got legit injured, and then the Tournament of Champions was needed. Shuffling the deck has been going on. The final two being Rush & Hangman playing into the Dark Order and Ingobernables.

I thought they were just pushing  the Dark Order and Ingobernables, to me Hangman winning doesnt make much sense unless they are planning some No 1 contender shenanigans with Andrade vs page to take the spot.

I had thought it would be either Rush or Archer as someone who could win, have a solid match with Mox to fill some time then drop out the picture without harming him to much. If its Page (if not Andrade as above) im assuming some sort of no contest with the firm costing page, MJF then wins the belt, to set up MJF v page?

Also the fall out from Punk v Bucks seems to be all eyes have been on AEW and they have delivered big style over the last few weeks. I thought I saw that they had some of there biggest audience numbers, grant these were like free PPV though.

Edited by honestly united

Aye, have to say that even though Khan looked like a complete dildo during the Punk media scrum, everything since then has been admirable.  The show isn't going to struggle at all without Punk, and there's still the potential to make money out of him if they want to take a risk when he's back.  They miss the Elite slightly more but they don't really need them back.  Dealt with the issues at hand, moved on, put on solid shows.  Have to hand it to them.