The AEW Thread

TheGoon

The most sensible course of events - at least from those that have come out - seems to be that everyone descended on Punk's dressing room probably just to talk to him.  Understandable given he'd just spent the previous hour or so publicly shitting on them.  When they all got in the room, Punk believed - despite actual legal representatives being there - that it was going to kick off.  So he kicked off.  And in some descriptions, sucker punched Matt Jackson.  Then - apparently in an attempt to protect his wife, who had a broken foot - Ace Steel lobbed a chair and bit Kenny Omega (who may or may not have just been trying to protect Punk's dog).  I find this the most believable, as it paints Punk as being the sort of knob he's always seemed to be..

Expect all the Elite side of things will return without too much punishment.  Question is what happens with Punk.  It seems like there's no going back, but given how fond they are of mixing the real and the fake, can they resist bringing him back in 9 months time for a feud with Hangman/Omega/Bucks?  

After feeling like I've watched the media scrum with all the coverage it got,  I finally got around to actually watching it. Jesus Hogan Christ this is uncomfortable to watch. Khan basically whimpering beside him unable to stop his face contorting while he gets metaphorically teabagged by the guy that brought him back into the business. I'd say can you imagine someone doing the same but with HHH or McMahon next to them but that's the thing, you can't. If he comes back after this, Khan clearly has absolutely no backbone, and everyone will know they can just do what they like. They've got such a good roster, they don't need a middle aged, angry wee Punk having slapfights in media scrums.

9 hours ago, forameus said:

After feeling like I've watched the media scrum with all the coverage it got,  I finally got around to actually watching it. Jesus Hogan Christ this is uncomfortable to watch. Khan basically whimpering beside him unable to stop his face contorting while he gets metaphorically teabagged by the guy that brought him back into the business. I'd say can you imagine someone doing the same but with HHH or McMahon next to them but that's the thing, you can't. If he comes back after this, Khan clearly has absolutely no backbone, and everyone will know they can just do what they like. They've got such a good roster, they don't need a middle aged, angry wee Punk having slapfights in media scrums.

Khan is just a big fan who doesn't seem to have the required skills to manage certain personalities. He needs to get someone to help him manage folk.