The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Jericho is comfortably the worst thing in wrestling. There's nobody he's feuded with or teamed with in the last two years that you can say are better off after it than they were before.

I get the feeling he's responsible for coming up witrh most of his own feuds, angles and matches and, in all honestly, they are absolutely dreadful.

Every week, every match or segment he's in is easily the worst thing on the show.

He really needs to retire, not just go away for a bit.

On 24/07/2022 at 18:50, TheGoon said:

Explains why he looked seething last night at least 

Muscles and technical skills only go so far when you're too wee to get on most of the rides at Disneyland. There's being sub 6-ft, and then there's Gresham. It's too big of an issue to really ignore. 

I just got round to watching that Jericho vs Kingston match from last week, and I honestly don't know why I bothered.

I knew it would be an embarrassment before I even put it on.

I have absolutely no idea why they persist with putting Jericho in these matches anymore. Every sinfgle match I see him in these days looks so obviosuly fake and phony. It's an absolute embarrassment to watch.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

There will be some decent groups in the tournament with BCC, best friends, house of black, death triangle and JAS, but Elite v UE seems like the obvious main event. 

Looks like Starks might me moving up in the world as well.

I got that AEW Plus thing given it's quite easy to watch on catch-up, and the weekly shows are markedly better than WWE manage.  Really impressed with what they're putting out, shows in constant motion, and there's never a feeling that you get with RAW and Smackdown that it's 4 weeks of pointless airtime before the real stuff happens at a PPV.  I know they're never likely to change hands, but when was the last time WWE put more than one title on the line on TV?  Could argue that AEW did 4 last night (FTW x 2), and it makes it feel like you need to watch.  

I fucking love Danielson.  Just doesn't matter what you give him to do, he'll put his all into it and make it brilliant.  Especially since the real guy seems to be one of the nicest you could meet, it's all the more impactful when he puts his serious face on and kicks the shit out of another man.  He's also managed to get his selling down to a frankly uncomfortable level.  With his history of injury, every time you get a spot where he looks to be injured, it's all the more believable.  Reminds me of that classic Lesnar match.

On the negative though, at this stage it feels like they've missed an opportunity with the Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy stuff.  Christian is absolutely killing it, and JB's promo was pretty good too, but I feel like however they play it with Luchasaurus, they could've done it better.  If he stays with him, that's a huge waste, and if he turns again it seems like it's more convoluted than it needed to be.  I'd like to have seen him have to go through Luchasaurus in one of those proper bloody emotional AEW-style matches, then have the turn, and then play out the Christian vs Jungle Boy story from there.  I don't doubt they'll make a good job of it though, interesting to see how it plays out.

That was some night for Starks. He effortlessly went from arrogantly squashing a beloved babyface, to himself being one of the biggest babyfaces in the company within the space of a few minutes. The cheap shot from Hobbs was brilliantly timed.

Starks has everything needed to be a huge star in the business. He's what WWE wishes Theory was.

Cornette with a brilliant run down of that horrific Jericho vs Kingston match with video footage thrown in:

One of the worst pieces of television I've ever watched. Up there with latter day WCW stuff.