The AEW Thread

TheGoon

32 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Are the packages on the build up show?

The Buy In and most of their packages got broken up into individual clips and were all over their other social media.

Here's the Buy In which also had Thunder Rosa & Hikaru Shida v. Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter

The Countdown show they had after Rampage on TNT and was put online with extras.

Then most of them got broken up into individual clips that can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/c/AEW/videos

image.thumb.png.d6211b06fa59923248a525ec6bd3713b.png

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Buy In and most of their packages got broken up into individual clips and were all over their other social media.

Here's the Buy In which also had Thunder Rosa & Hikaru Shida v. Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter

The Countdown show they had after Rampage on TNT and was put online with extras.

Then most of them got broken up into individual clips that can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/c/AEW/videos

image.thumb.png.d6211b06fa59923248a525ec6bd3713b.png

Ah that's not bad. I'm kinda the same as Forameus. Tune into the PPVs and generally follow the week-to-week stuff via social media. I can't be arsed committing the time anymore which is a shame as what I've watched of AEW is superb.

What isn't though is hiring Jay Lethal and the Briscoes apparently. 

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

What isn't though is hiring Jay Lethal and the Briscoes apparently. 

9 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Of all the people they could take from ROH…Could just about stomach The Briscoes in a Nick Gage once in a blue moon role, actual signings would be horrendous though.

I saw this before watching Dynamite. So I thought the Briscoes were going to debut. Don't want to see them pop up. They've got enough tag teams to try and slot in on TV. Also think they've tied themselves up with GCW like PCO did. Which will hopefully keep them away.

20 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Of all the people they could take from ROH…Could just about stomach The Briscoes in a Nick Gage once in a blue moon role, actual signings would be horrendous though.

Never quite understood the Briscoes appeal. They look like they've rolled out of a swamp somewhere. I get the gimmick is rednecks and that but nah, doesn't resonate with me.

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Danielson is the most natural babyface to hit the scene in wrestling since 2000, universally loved by all and yet you forget what a little shit he can be and how good he is at just pressing those buttons.

One of the best to ever do it. As you say he's immensely sympathetic but he's equally as good as being an arrogant little dickhead and he maintains that little streak even when he's a babyface. You can also tell he's a good lad behind the scenes. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out he was one of the biggest backers of Kofi at Kofimania.

Just minded this as well 

daniel-bryan-impotent.gif

Edited by NotThePars

Danielson is just so good in everything he does.  He's got the potential to be your sympathetic uber-face like he did around WM30, but he can be just as good playing the heel as he did during Kofi Mania.  Hell, he can play both roles in one match like he did at Survivor Series against Brock.  I doubt many could have pulled out doing that heel turn just a week before, and then manage to straddle that line while Brock tried to f**k his neck up.  

Away from the ring too, he just seems like such an incredibly nice guy who just fucking loves it.  Look at that Championship Ascension farce they had with Cena/Orton, and try not to smile at his big hairy face erupting in that grin.  And try not to smile through the tears as he gives a "that's what she said" during his own retirement speech.  I've not been so invested in someone coming back into the ring as him, because as a person he just seems so genuinely in love with what he's doing.  Hopefully he stays healthy and can keep doing it.

11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out he was one of the biggest backers of Kofi at Kofimania.

Pretty sure they've come out and said that he was exactly that.  Wouldn't be surprised if he did the same for Rowan too, given he was pretty rudderless after the Wyatt stuff.

Did I imagine it or did Jay Lethal, after he did his mimicing of Macho man for a while in TNA, not then go on to do one different 80's/90's each week or did I dream that?

Only just finished catching up on Full gear, cracking show, not seen any mention of the MJF v Darby match which i thought was a cracking opener and had me buzzing for the rest of the show - thought was better than Bryan Miro and the tag title match, although both were great. Also how big a grin did Junior Dos SAntos have on his face during the match, apart from the botch on Jericho's moonsault he looked fairly decent and could be a good addition if he was interested.

I assume the plan was too have Moxley turn and go after the title, but they have had to change due to his issue, hopefully hangman holds on to the belt for a while, I wonder if they will go with MJF going over Punk with some sort of shenangins, then going after Page, they were dropping hints that he has already beaten Page.

Just watched it back.  Now that's how you do a promo. The only time I can think of WWE even coming close to that is when they brought Cena back to take the piss out of Reigns, and that was only as good as it was because they threw Reigns to the wolves and he got schooled.  That right there was one guy showing he still had it in spades, and the other showing that he is absolutely on top of his game.  You can tell MJF just absolutely lives and breathes his character of being an absolute c**t, and it's a throwback to something I love - a heel being a proper unlikeable heel, rather than the "so cool we'll just cheer" stuff.  I think Punk strayed a wee bit towards the face stuff of "isn't the place we're currently in brilliant", but he landed some absolute bombs on the guy.   

Is this a match they'll build for their next quarterly show or more likely one of their minor "big" Dynamites?