The AEW Thread

TheGoon

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

A lot of talk about shady character Will Osprey

I was going to say, but didn't want to as i'm not much of a fan. With him being in the US it certainly could be. Aren't NJ trying to build to a "Real World Champion" showdown at the Tokyo Dome with him though?

The other NJ candidate would be Jay White. As you can have Bullet Club v. Elite shenanigans if they have to play politics with a finish in Omega v. White.

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was going to say, but didn't want to as i'm not much of a fan. With him being in the US it certainly could be. Aren't NJ trying to build to a "Real World Champion" showdown at the Tokyo Dome with him though?

The other NJ candidate would be Jay White. As you can have Bullet Club v. Elite shenanigans if they have to play politics with a finish in Omega v. White.

White would make sense of they plan that kind of friction between the factions. Forbidden door and aw that jazz. Could also play into a wider exchange. Danielson has already said he'll be going to new Japan at some point.

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

White would make sense of they plan that kind of friction between the factions. Forbidden door and aw that jazz. Could also play into a wider exchange. Danielson has already said he'll be going to new Japan at some point.

It was also lightly teased during the run in Impact Omega had.

I like that all of Punk’s matches are different. You can see a lot of thought’s gone into them and playing to the strengths of the particular opponent, him and Sydal should be great too. 

Danielson/Fish on Saturday is a lovely surprise. 

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

They are going to have a Rampage Buy In on Friday with Danielson Vs Fish.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/10/12/tony-khan-announces-live-buy-in-pre-show-ahead-of-aew-rampage-on-10-15/

I've seen it said it's not Danielson v. Fish on the Buy In, but they'll both be in singles action as a tune up for their match on Dynamite.

Edit:

Bryan Danielson v. Minoru Suzuki 😱

Bobby Fish v. Lee Moriarty

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Putting that match on a YouTube buy in show is moronic on every imaginable level. Start rampage with it and watch people switch over at ten from smack down! 

Smackdown is doing a 2.5 hour special so there will be an overlap from 22:00-22:30. With Smackdown going commerical free for the last half hour for what's supposedly going to be Becky Lynch v. Sasha Banks. I don't think MiSu has proven to be much of a draw in his couple of appearances. Chances are they'll be starting with CM Punk v. Matt Sydal to draw in the casual viewer.

This is all because they'll be on FS1 instead of the Fox Network. The last couple of times they were on the cable channel they got 888,000 & 881,000. So with Rampage now in existence there's the slight fear i'd imagine they could at least win the demo on the night if left unchallenged.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

As much as I'm enjoying AEW and the work Tony Khan is doing, he needs to just  concentrate on what he's doing and stop talking about WWE which he seems to be doing a whole lot more recently. I can see why he's doing it but he should just let the product do the talking.

Danielson/Suzuki was as expected, a cracker. As much as I haven’t gotten into the story, I though the Inner Circle/ATT main event was really well done foo. If they can somehow get Masvidal in a match for Full Gear it’d be huge. 

I always liked to think I was significantly younger than the average wrestling freak on the internet but the latest “controversy” with Bryce “stealing heat” from the Suzuki - Bryan match has me losing the heid.

I was shouting at Nick Patrick every week as a wean. I knew who Earl Hebner was. Fucking hell.