The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I did enjoy the Cody reaction, he's a heel all day long. I also get very wound up by Arn Anderson's coaching tip sheet schtick. I assume you UK folk will be spared from the reality show?

The matches were solid, and I like their tendency to start shows with a big match, as opposed to 30 mins of talking. The eventual title match is going to be something else.

The main event was good, but it would be nice if one day a face comes up with a clever way to nullify interference, and maybe if Ruby had spoken to coach Arn she'd know not to walk arm first into a submission finisher [emoji1]

Now for a couple of days of avoiding spoilers.

I've never been a fan as such of Omega and what he brings overall. He's weird on the mic, a goofy wee dick and comes off as a bit too hammy for my liking.

But by f**k is he just amazing in the ring. As clean as a whistle. That Snap Dragon suplex on the ramp was a thing of beauty. Both guys made it look vicious as f**k but Omega 100% protected Danielson all the way.

16 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I still think the plan is for Omega/Okada on US soil next year, but I don’t think you need the title for that. He loses the belt to either Bryan or Hangman imo. 

2 or 3 months ago the Hangman storyline was playing out brilliantly. However you just have to look at the recent arrivals, and how things are going to wonder if they have missed their chance on this one?

10 minutes ago, honestly united said:

2 or 3 months ago the Hangman storyline was playing out brilliantly. However you just have to look at the recent arrivals, and how things are going to wonder if they have missed their chance on this one?

I still think he’ll be silly over when he’s back.. They’ve been telling the story for 2 years now and I’d hate for them to abandon it just because of the arrivals. I don’t think they will. 

Where exactly that’d leave Punk, Bryan, Cole, Darby etc I’m not sure but hopefully they’re sticking to their guns. 

13 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I'm not so sure. The fans of AEW are invested in Hangman and that will carry over on TV. The problem comes in setting up suitable challengers after the title win. The heel side is a little thin.

33 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I still think he’ll be silly over when he’s back.. They’ve been telling the story for 2 years now and I’d hate for them to abandon it just because of the arrivals. I don’t think they will. 

Where exactly that’d leave Punk, Bryan, Cole, Darby etc I’m not sure but hopefully they’re sticking to their guns. 

30 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm not so sure. The fans of AEW are invested in Hangman and that will carry over on TV. The problem comes in setting up suitable challengers after the title win. The heel side is a little thin.

I really hope they do go with it, but just worried he might get lost and whether they keep the title on Omega for longer

I'm fine with Omega being world champion. He kinda reminds me of Reign of Terror era Triple H in how he acts but crucially he's there through talent as opposed to backstage politicking. The match with Bryan was a classic as well. I also believe he would vacate the title with zero qualms unlike a certain shovel owner.