The AEW Thread

TheGoon

5 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Is there a way to watch Dark Side of the Ring in the UK? The plane ride from hell episode aired here tonight, and there may be some fall out as far as Ric Flair to AEW goes. Tommy Dreamer might get cancelled for his defence of sexual assault as well.

I always knew bits an pieces of the story but didn't realize how bad it got.

This is a sanitized version https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/The_Plane_Ride_From_Hell

Yes there is a way. Even though I’ve yet to see it, I’d be surprised if there were any ramifications for anyone come from this episode as seems like half the folk on the flight have gave their versions of events in numerous interviews and all the tales have been told. That said I’ll be watching in ghoulish anticipation hoping for some new scandalous revelations.

I'm still new to most of these guys apart from the bigger names that have been in WWE.

MJF is fucking gold...

He's like The Miz character but done properly.

edit - I have no idea what The Miz is like now, I mean the crappy heel version I last seen years ago.

Edited by #Gary

2 hours ago, A-Mac said:

No one can touch MJF on the mic in AEW, he draws so much heat it's ridiculous.

I actually thought they might have had Kingston v Miro in NY.

Yeah, was actually hoping for a Kingston win but a decent swerve sticking Sammy in there and would love to see him get the belt

I’d have preferred Trios titles but I guess this is alright. Basically just replaces the job the NWA women’s title was doing and gets more of them on TV in meaningful stuff. I guess if they just present it as a female version of the TNT title it shouldn’t feel as tinpot. 

21 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I’d have preferred Trios titles but I guess this is alright. Basically just replaces the job the NWA women’s title was doing and gets more of them on TV in meaningful stuff. I guess if they just present it as a female version of the TNT title it shouldn’t feel as tinpot. 

The #TBS tag is meant to be a hint from the comments of a TBS title. Which isn't quite as catchy as TNT but not horrible. If true I would expect soon to be a tournament toward the end of the year with the final being the main event of the first Dynamite or Rampage on TBS.

I know a women's tag title has been rumoured, but do think a secondary singles would be of benefit.