The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Brian Cage's wife bitching and moaning about him not being used properly. If he was gone I for one would not miss him in the slightest. He's been given a load of big matches and has done nothing to push himself up the card. Yes he has a fearsome (albeit steroid addled) physique and can pull off impressive moves. But he's about as smooth as sandpaper in the ring and has the charisma of a particularly vascular potato. Hell mend him and poundshop Reba Hardy.

13 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Brian Cage's wife bitching and moaning about him not being used properly. If he was gone I for one would not miss him in the slightest. He's been given a load of big matches and has done nothing to push himself up the card. Yes he has a fearsome (albeit steroid addled) physique and can pull off impressive moves. But he's about as smooth as sandpaper in the ring and has the charisma of a particularly vascular potato. Hell mend him and poundshop Reba Hardy.

I wasn't surprised by the news, and he has added to the story himself with some of his tweet replies.

They've gotten the best out of him. Came in on top with the feud with Mox and FTW title, then put over Darby and Sting. Recent feud with Page with the surprise win. Now putting over Hobbs and Starks on the way out of Team Taz.

He's had plenty of chances to be a guy in AEW but he's never clicked. There's a reason why he was bouncing around LU and Impact before all this. His spot is someone to rotate in on occasion as he looks like a threat. Then disappear for a while.

If he isn't happy doing that signed with AEW, then MLW/NWA/RoH/Impact will probably be happy to have him.

57 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wasn't surprised by the news, and he has added to the story himself with some of his tweet replies.

They've gotten the best out of him. Came in on top with the feud with Mox and FTW title, then put over Darby and Sting. Recent feud with Page with the surprise win. Now putting over Hobbs and Starks on the way out of Team Taz.

He's had plenty of chances to be a guy in AEW but he's never clicked. There's a reason why he was bouncing around LU and Impact before all this. His spot is someone to rotate in on occasion as he looks like a threat. Then disappear for a while.

If he isn't happy doing that signed with AEW, then MLW/NWA/RoH/Impact will probably be happy to have him.

Well said, add to this his political predilications (and his friendship with Drake Wuertz) and he can do one.

Edited by cb_diamond

32 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Well said, add to this his political predilications (and his friendship with Drake Wuertz) and he can do one.

I didn't know that about him.

It's maybe a personal bias, but any supposed big man that works Mexico a lot, probably isn't that big and has a style that would be exposed in the US major leagues. I had a look before posting this to see if he had ever worked Japan before. He got two tours with NOAH in 2017 when he didn't have a US home. Got a win over Suguira on the 1st tour, then beat in a GHC title defence on the 2nd. That's it, so it seems they had a similar opinion to me as well. 

30 minutes ago, #Gary said:

What was that nonsense all about with the guy who came out and just flicked through cards with utter nonsense written on them.

Who thought that was a good idea?!

That’s been a part of his gimmick for years. 

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I didn't know that about him.

It's maybe a personal bias, but any supposed big man that works Mexico a lot, probably isn't that big and has a style that would be exposed in the US major leagues. I had a look before posting this to see if he had ever worked Japan before. He got two tours with NOAH in 2017 when he didn't have a US home. Got a win over Suguira on the 1st tour, then beat in a GHC title defence on the 2nd. That's it, so it seems they had a similar opinion to me as well. 

Are there any top guys in AEW that Cage should be beating? I'd say no. 

He's slow, clumsy and has regular botches. Almost seems like a case of somebody being too big to control themselves properly. Then you factor in his lack of charisma. 

AEW would do well to cut ties with him before he and his mrs cause more trouble. 

42 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Rampage was great last night, PAC/Andrade especially. The turn on Chavo maybe points to Flair? 

Hated how it ended. Does look like a pivot to Flair as the mouthpiece of Andrade since he has become available. They're both hyping each other up online.

I was a little surprised to see that was only Andrade's second match in AEW. Other than the Sydal match I knew there wasn't another one. It's more the fact I hadn't realised he'd been there for 3 months now. Hopefully now he can kick on and do something.

Since last night I have seen some people say maybe it'll be Andrade and PAC that hook up. Certainly those two versus the Lucha Bros would be good, and Jungle Boy has just followed Andrade on twitter.

AEW Dark tapings have been happening. Looks like they've brought in a very solid crew. FTR not long after the hype of possibly one last match against PnP, are working these tapings.

Minor spoiler for a more prominent match up down the line:

Looking like Eddie Kingston & Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer at Dynamite Grand Slam

Edited by FairWeatherFan