The AEW Thread

TheGoon

7 minutes ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Punk’s imminent joining is making me want to start watching AEW finally lads. Totally new to it, what’s the weekly schedule shows etc? Cheers :) 

Dynamite’s Wednesday at 1AM, Rampage (Punk’s debut) Fridays at 3AM (through AEW+ on FITE that is) 

For actual telly here Dynamite’s on ITV on Friday nights, no said anything about Rampage yet though. 

Looks like a media scrum organised for after Friday's show.  I mean, realistically there's no chance at this stage that it isn't something huge happening, and probably not much more of a chance that it isn't CM Punk, but....but....can you imagine if it wasn't?

41 minutes ago, forameus said:

Looks like a media scrum organised for after Friday's show.  I mean, realistically there's no chance at this stage that it isn't something huge happening, and probably not much more of a chance that it isn't CM Punk, but....but....can you imagine if it wasn't?

The only way it would pay off well is if it's Bryan Danielson that walks out when everyone's expecting Punk.

Even then though, being in Chicago I think even that might get a hostile reception.

I know they're just trying to drive eyes to the product, but it's a shame that we don't really get to have the true surprises anymore. In a predetermined sport like wrestling you have the chance to write anything, and there is nothing better than when you get truly worked and truly surprised.  Can you imagine if Punk or Bryan turned up in AEW as a complete surprise?  Granted the pop on Friday will be absolutely enormous, but nothing compared to a true surprise.  Think the last time I truly remember that was when Goldberg squashed Lesnar.  Probably wouldn't have been anywhere near the same moment if we'd spent weeks building up rumouring and planting seeds of it happening.

Do we reckon (assuming he's genuinely gonna be there) that we'll get some shithousery from Punk prior?

Show is on the air and fans getting restless, he's tagging himself at Gregg's (or whatever the Chicago area equivalent is) to make out he's not anywhere near. Jericho had done that in the past for returns. Posting pictures of himself apparently on holiday somewhere and then appearing on RAW shortly after.