The AEW Thread

TheGoon

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's 37

Google says he's 40. Wiki says he's 37 and I've said he's 44. Fs.

Wasn't the best example in any case. I'll try and find the Reddit thread that tried to match people up to the most recent current incarnation.

The Earthquake one, I can never get over. My first ever wrestling show I was was the 1989 Survivor Series on VHS, I got it as a 6 or 7 year old so probably in late 1990 or 1991 by that point.

Earthquake was making his debut more or less and he was 26. I still don't understand how he wasn't about 46 at that point.

Earthquake would be an excellent shout for a Wrestlers aging badly Twitter account if it doesn't already exist.

Hogan was another one who always looked about 20 years older than he actually was.

Michael Hayes' age is mental as well. He would have been early to mid twenties during the heyday of The Freebirds and looked like he was in his fifties 

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

Buddy Murphy promo - clearly he and Black are working on something together as this is a continuation of Blacks pre-AEW vignette:

Black's for comparison:

Interested in 'The Devil Himself' line - could this be a reference to Wyatt?

Edited by djchapsticks

FITE are carrying Rampage so it’s there if you’ve already got AEW+. Not sure if ITV are picking it up, they probably should given next week.

Few people speculating Punk might actually turn up tonight as the ultimate surprise but I don’t really see the point - plus Britt’s main eventing anyway. 

On 12/08/2021 at 15:18, TheGoon said:

That match gave birth to my username on here. A lot to answer for. 

After that match, me and a few mates spent months at school just randomly shouting 'The Gooooon!" at each other in the style of Howard Finkel.

I always wondered why the cool kids and girls wanted nothing to do with us 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

After that match, me and a few mates spent months at school just randomly shouting 'The Gooooon!" at each other in the style of Howard Finkel.

I always wondered why the cool kids and girls wanted nothing to do with us 

Heenan was genuinely magnificent on commentary in that match. There are a number of times where it's clear that a) Vince is raging at him in the headset, and b) Mean Gene is trying not to pish himself laughing

Rampage was good, flew by. Commentary though…oof. Jericho isn’t for me at all. 
Jericho has been decent on dynamite in the past on commentary but aye he was far too shoutey on rampage. Once Henry's a little less green on it I doubt jericho will be involved. He's probably only there to give him the time to adapt without taking any heat.

53 minutes ago, grumswall said:
5 hours ago, TheGoon said:
Rampage was good, flew by. Commentary though…oof. Jericho isn’t for me at all. 

Jericho has been decent on dynamite in the past on commentary but aye he was far too shoutey on rampage. Once Henry's a little less green on it I doubt jericho will be involved. He's probably only there to give him the time to adapt without taking any heat.

Aye hopefully. Away touring with Fozzy in the winter too so will be off the shows for at least a while.