The AEW Thread

TheGoon

On 31/07/2021 at 18:16, NotThePars said:

Punk will get me watching. I want to watch the weekly stuff but I really couldn’t take to the show when I watched back in April. Then again, it’s not like WWE’s weekly programming is any good either.

I watched the first few shows and not bothered since. Will watch it on Wednesday night and if Punk does join. I will watch it more regularly. 

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The last point is key. If it's done every week or even every ppv, it's not going to mean anything.

In reality though, getting hit in the face usually results in blood being spilled. I can't think of an MMA fight in which there has been no blood drawn. 

In reality though, getting hit in the face usually results in blood being spilled. I can't think of an MMA fight in which there has been no blood drawn. 
This isn't reality though.
This isn't MMA, we have that. If you want to watch "real" fighting you can.

This is pro wrestling and it's all about the presentation, the stories, the characters etc.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

This isn't reality though.
This isn't MMA, we have that. If you want to watch "real" fighting you can.

This is pro wrestling and it's all about the presentation, the stories, the characters etc.

The idea is to suspend disbelief and make it as realistic as possible. WWE have severely watered that down over the past 30 years. 

16 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

The idea is to suspend disbelief and make it as realistic as possible. WWE have severely watered that down over the past 30 years. 

I know that, but you need to detach yourself from logic sometimes. Have you ever seen anyone punch like Road Dogg, do a jig, then knock some c**t out? I haven't, but it's entertaining AF.

Wasn’t a big fan of her in WWE but they never really gave her anything meaningful to do, and apparently some of her Indy stuff with the likes of Freelance was great so it’s probably a good pickup. Woman’s division needs some more bodies. 

7 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Perfect debut for Black. 

JR - for all his wee botches nowadays, was perfect at the the end here.

His subtle 'that won't get him' under his breath as Black pinned him with his foot and his total shock that it did keep him down was excellent and totally sold Black as a massive deal.

Omega vs Christian at All Out then. I don’t mind it whilst Hangman’s out of action I guess, and Punk/Darby’s gonna be the featured match anyway. The way they announced it was pretty dull though. 

It's weird to think that Michael Hayes was doing his wrestling dad schtick with the Hardys at the grand old age of 40. And we've got Matt doing it now at 46.

EDIT: Christian v. Omega in the Rampage opener, makes me wonder if All Out won't happen. Still holding out some hope for Hangman. Although a Dynamite Grand Slam win followed by Dynamite in Rochester where he reunites with the Dark Order wouldn't be the worst thing.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

The WM 17 gimmick battle royale is insane looking back. Most entrants to that match are younger than most top level superstars these days.

Fandango is 44 for example. Brother Love was 38 in that match. Bizarre.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The WM 17 gimmick battle royale is insane looking back. Most entrants to that match are younger than most top level superstars these days.

Fandango is 44 for example. Brother Love was 38 in that match. Bizarre.

He's 37