The AEW Thread

TheGoon

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Butcher's out injured right now.

Not sure if there's been one on Dynamite/PPV, but during the Brandon Cutler v. Peter Avalon king of the losers Dark feud they pulled out all the box of tricks to make sure neither would win for a while.

They still never had a DQ. They had double countouts and pinfalls but no disqualifications

31 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

"You might think they're all long gone, but you don't need a hat to be a cowboy" It shouldn't work, but it does :)

I thought the entrance was amazing and that pop from the fans was unreal 

I haven't watched the ITV 4 version of Dynamite for a while, but do they ever make any cuts? I imagine some of the Gage match might get them a few complaints via Ofcom.

Wrestling on UK TV has come a long way since Channel 5 were using 60s Batman effects to censor WCW.

15 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It would be some let down if it isn't Punk.

It will ruin them by this point if it isn't. There's no chance they are throwing those not-at-all-subtle nods out there without a contact signed.

Does make you wonder just how bad the blood is between WWE and Punk if they're going to let him probably do massive business for a competitor.  Of course, maybe WWE offered him a huge deal and he rejected it, but seems to me like one of those they'd be happy to bury the spite if it meant fucking over them over the fence.

51 minutes ago, forameus said:

Does make you wonder just how bad the blood is between WWE and Punk if they're going to let him probably do massive business for a competitor.  Of course, maybe WWE offered him a huge deal and he rejected it, but seems to me like one of those they'd be happy to bury the spite if it meant fucking over them over the fence.

Think they'd be more pissed off at Danielson jumping than Punk going there to be honest. Danielson main evented Mania just 3 months ago.

One of the great things about today has been wondering just how they're going to get to Page v. Omega for the title. With 5 Dynamites and 3 Rampages they've got plenty of time typically.

Looking at the Top 5 with Hangman out of the equation you've got Jungle Boy and Christian in 2-3. The in between title shot likely being the catalyst for their releationship coming to an end. Darby's in 4 but looks like he'll be busy with some other little punk :)

Part of me wonders if they do go with Omega v. Christian at All Out. Jurassic Express helping out against the Elite cronies, but Christian will blame them for the loss. Hangman wins back his title shot at All Out in some other match and goes on to Grand Slam for the win.

I know All Out's the big PPV etc, but Grand Slam's going to be their biggest ever show and they've not been scared to put big events on TV over PPV.

1.1 million rating again and #1 in the key demo for 3rd week in a row. Given the building furore over the almost certain signings of Danielson and Punk can actually see them catching up to Raw (albeit probably temporarily) in the next couple of months as it's struggling to get 1.5 million.

Rumours flying everywhere about Brick, but I don’t think it makes financial sense for them, or even him. I think he’s happy doing what he’s doing. 

According to The Observer, they’re not even giving Hangman the match at All Out, they’re waiting even longer and just slotting in Christian or Jungle Boy for Chicago.

I like long term booking, that’s too long. Fans are ready for it now, just do it. 

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

According to The Observer, they’re not even giving Hangman the match at All Out, they’re waiting even longer and just slotting in Christian or Jungle Boy for Chicago.

I like long term booking, that’s too long. Fans are ready for it now, just do it. 

Agreed, unless they have something good planned fto further the storyline then now is the time to pull the trigger on it 

24 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

This is what I worried about by their booking style. With Page out of the Top 5 the title shot up for grabs leads to the split between Jungle Boy (2) and Christian (3).

I'm now hoping that Page does something at All Out to get the Grand Slam title shot.