The AEW Thread

TheGoon

17 minutes ago, Ira Gaines said:

It's more than decent. They'll take a while to blend him in so I hope people don't dismiss him after a few months like they did with Miro while they were finding a place for him.

To be fair, Miro deserved to be dismissed with the 'video game addict' character.

51 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The debut was a bit weird but I think it’s an excellent signing. 

Aye Vicki was screaming so much pish that most of the crowd missed what she was saying.

The plants doing the 'shocked pointing' was amusing though.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, Miro deserved to be dismissed with the 'video game addict' character.

It's happened a few times though. People need to be given some time. AEW are good at giving people prominent spots that deserve them.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye Vicki was screaming so much pish that most of the crowd missed what she was saying.

The plants doing the 'shocked pointing' was amusing though.

Think his debut might have worked better if Mark Henry was still in the ring, they could play it off as Vickie and Andrade disrespecting Henry or something like that. The crowd might have actually heard it too if a conversation was happening and not just screeching 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Ah well, that’s them finished. Back to watching Impact. 

It's always so fucking jarring whenever Wrestling mentions anything about football.  You had Pat Fucking McAfee on NXT talking about Pete Dunne's England-inspired gear, then congratulating them on picking up "the big dub".  

It's bad enough with the absolute weapons that decide to travel all the way to the US to take in one of the big shows, then decide they have to go as a full-kit Old Firm w****r.

I’m unlikely to watch much, if any, pandemic wrestling back again but AEW were very lucky getting the decent location they did. Still been some amount of cool moments 

On 02/07/2021 at 13:29, TheGoon said:

I’m unlikely to watch much, if any, pandemic wrestling back again but AEW were very lucky getting the decent location they did. Still been some amount of cool moments 

In a weird way. I'm gonna miss the Jacksonville tapings. Probably just got used to it through time. AEW have definitely made the most of the pandemic era 

Enjoyed this. Assuming they pat it off correctly it’s been one of the best worked stories anywhere in wrestling in a long time. If he wins the belt in Chicago it’d be of AEW’s biggest ever moments 

On 04/07/2021 at 21:34, TheGoon said:

Enjoyed this. Assuming they pat it off correctly it’s been one of the best worked stories anywhere in wrestling in a long time. If he wins the belt in Chicago it’d be of AEW’s biggest ever moments 

Imagine the swerve if he doesn't do it though 😅