The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I hate ratings chat, but AEW did 1.2 Million on its first night unopposed. NXT up 200k viewers as well with a strong demo performance. Insanity the two of them had to go against each other for so long. 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

I hate ratings chat, but AEW did 1.2 Million on its first night unopposed. NXT up 200k viewers as well with a strong demo performance. Insanity the two of them had to go against each other for so long. 

That's pretty much doubling their audience from last week is it not? Fair play to them.

9 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

That's a fantastic result and a massive FU to Jim Cornette who predicted a bump of 100 to 200k max. Dick that he is

The demo number is pretty mad as well, doubled NXT’s. Think next week will probably be more telling for both shows but the more folk watching each the better, early signs are good. 

Just now, TheGoon said:

The demo number is pretty mad as well, doubled NXT’s. Think next week will probably be more telling for both shows but the more folk watching each the better, early signs are good. 

Has Tyson signed a short term deal? Think his face is definitely a factor.

Hopefully they keep around the 1m mark going forward though (if not improving on that!) As much as I'm not a fan of AEW's product, I think when the fans are back if they're hitting that number consistently we might get a better product across the board as WWE won't get away with their lazy shite if they feel someone is starting to be a legitmate threat in terms of the land of wrestling and AEW having the bit between their teeth and can compete across the board.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has Tyson signed a short term deal? Think his face is definitely a factor.

Hopefully they keep around the 1m mark going forward though (if not improving on that!) As much as I'm not a fan of AEW's product, I think when the fans are back if they're hitting that number consistently we might get a better product across the board as WWE won't get away with their lazy shite if they feel someone is starting to be a legitmate threat in terms of the land of wrestling and AEW having the bit between their teeth and can compete across the board.

I’m not sure actually, I think he’ll just appear now and then which is fine. He looks to be enjoying himself. 

I think WWE might go with NXT Evolve on Peacock to try get eyes away, but if the actual NXT wasn’t competing then I don’t see why that would. If RAW has a shitemare of a week and AEW a really good one, they can certainly catch them. As you say I’d hope that’d be the boot up the arse for WWE that they’re needing at the minute. Product needs a drastic overhaul. 

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Getting into a 1m+ is certainly achieveable. It's what they were doing those first few episodes and at least once unopposed. Tyson and the lingering WrestleMania season probably has the casuals out a little more than usual.

Wrestlemania will have likely encouraged a few casuals to not watch again

Kenny Omega is challenging Rich Swann for Impact’s World title on Sunday and unless you watched Impact you’d have absolutely no idea. They promoted the KENTA match Moxley had, but nothing for s company they’re apparently in partnership with? Bizarre.  

On 15/04/2021 at 21:21, cb_diamond said:

That's a fantastic result and a massive FU to Jim Cornette who predicted a bump of 100 to 200k max. Dick that he is

Right in the ballpark this week as they're back down to 889k. To be fair, it was up against a Presidential address.

Hopefully back above 1mil next week again.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

They are going to full capacity at Daily's Place for Double or Nothing.

That’ll be a really welcome sight/sound. Think they’re planning on going back out on the road not long after according to JR.