The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I felt sorry for Kingston because he couldn't actually see what happened. Could have taken the fans reaction but even then, he can't be sure how bad it was. Moxley could have said something though. 

That's not forgetting The Big Show announcing the new guy which didn't happen, the hilarious miss of the Meltzer Driver in the opener, the horrendous machine gun chops in the women's match, and the million roll ups and near falls in every match.

Guest bernardblack
1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

...How? The PPV’s likely to break 100k buys again which wipes the floor with anything TNA has ever done. Lazy comparison to make for one gubbed finish and an appearance from Christian.

If they keep hyping signings to only produce wrestlers that WWE don’t want, then it’s very TNA

If they put them into pathetic storylines like Miro then that's their own fault. If they actually build up an engaging, emotional story with these guys with a huge payoff, it won't matter what or who they were in WWE.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

If they keep hyping signings to only produce wrestlers that WWE don’t want, then it’s very TNA

They’re not signing the likes of Ken Anderson or Val Venis though. Spears was about the only one close to that and he’s not been much of anything since he joined. It’s not about where talent comes from, it’s how they’re used. 

To be fair though, WWE have about 8 million on their roster, and a vast majority of those could be released tomorrow, picked up by another company, and do very, very well given the right booking.  Bit harsh to complain about those companies picking them up when it doesn't seem like a bad thing, and as others have said, is their only real choice outside of those not at all interested in WWE.

Just finished watching the show. It was fairly decent for the most part, with the streetlight being the clear highlight. Really enjoyed that. Women's match was a dud. Battle Royal was ok. Opener was decent. Hardy vs Page was decent. Miro and Kip vs Orange and Chuck was meh.

The main event was ok until the end, although it was always going to be hard with such a silly gimmick. I actually thought when the 'bombs' went off that it was on purpose at first, and that Kenny and pals would come back out to point and laugh, with them saying on Dynamite that they didn't need the big explosion because they knew their plan was going to work. Even when they didn't, I was still expecting Kingston to slowly look up and look around in confusion that nothing had actually happened. When I realised he was selling I chuckled. Absolute horse shit stuff that folk are rightly laughing at. It's obviously supposed to write Moxley off TV for a bit too, so f**k knows what they do now and how they try to explain it.

Edited by DA Baracus

42 minutes ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Just getting back into wrestling, always been a WWE-only kind of guy (I know...). But just wondering if it’s worth getting into AEW? Certainly well talked about these days, is it worth the hype? Cheers :) 

It’s worth a go aye. Chances are there’ll be something on the show you like even if all the styles aren’t to your taste. It’s not perfect but it’s a fun watch every week. 

43 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s worth a go aye. Chances are there’ll be something on the show you like even if all the styles aren’t to your taste. It’s not perfect but it’s a fun watch every week. 

Cheers mate! I’ll give it a go, a bit daunting starting from scratch and not knowing anyone (apart from the ex WWE guys obviously) but I’m sure I’ll pick it up quickly! 

15 minutes ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Cheers mate! I’ll give it a go, a bit daunting starting from scratch and not knowing anyone (apart from the ex WWE guys obviously) but I’m sure I’ll pick it up quickly! 

Let us know how you get on. I’ve got a few pals that fell out of wrestling but have been brought back in from AEW. Seems to appeal to lapsed fans more 

Decent wee segment from Mox/Kingston talking about Sunday. Panic attack stuff is...eh, but think it’s just a case of taking it on the chin and moving on at this point. 

Cody/Penta feud I am very much into. 

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

They are definitely nothing like WWE, are they?

Well, I don't know.  I couldn't see Vince* or HHH wading onto Twitter to have a slagging match with someone on Twitter about takedown requests to be fair.

* Although I'd fucking love to see what mad shit he'd fire out on a platform he doesn't understand...

Edited by forameus