The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Heel turn on Vince from Show.
That'll be him not getting in the HOF til Vince is gone [emoji23]

As others have said Big Show seemed like a WWE lifer having been there over 2 decades.
Can only assume he was unhappy at barely being used for anything other than PR & seems AEW have offered him a package where he is much more involved across the board.

Fair do's to big Paul for taking the jump & not just sitting picking up a wage.

When I saw him trending, my first thought was "oh f**k he's dead". That seemed more likely than switching to AEW. 

Good luck to him, i hope he does well. Anything that helps bring extra eyes to AEW is a good thing, even with the exploding barbed wire deathmatch shite.

2 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Heel turn on Vince from Show.
That'll be him not getting in the HOF til Vince is gone emoji23.png

As others have said Big Show seemed like a WWE lifer having been there over 2 decades.
Can only assume he was unhappy at barely being used for anything other than PR & seems AEW have offered him a package where he is much more involved across the board.

Fair do's to big Paul for taking the jump & not just sitting picking up a wage.

Apparently they couldn't agree on his pay. I'd assume he wanted more money if he was just to sit at home and do nothing until they need him. Don't think AEW would pay him as much as WWE but he's actually going to do stuff there so

5 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Apparently they couldn't agree on his pay. I'd assume he wanted more money if he was just to sit at home and do nothing until they need him. Don't think AEW would pay him as much as WWE but he's actually going to do stuff there so

He's also probably seen that they've treated their old guard pretty well.

The big man got in tremendous shape, and if anyone watched the Network documentary with him he was ready to go and be involved full time. He obviously had the Mania dark match, but I think the segment with Orton last month shows exactly where WWE stood on him. If AEW use him sparingly I think it’s a great addition. 

I think he'll be an excellent asset in many ways. 

Plus, he was a genuinely great character wrestler. AEW have shown an ability to take someone in the dumps and make them somewhat relevant again, while using them to help their own talent. 

I think Show is perfect for that side of AEW.