The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Wrestling seems to be a republican 'thing' in America.
The McMahon's and Khan's donated loads to Trump. Taker donated something like $10k per month. 
There's obviously left leaning wrestling personalities too (Jim Cornette and Mick Foley are 2 off the top of my head) but the main players seem to be Trump daft.

Maybe more so among the older performers but I’m maybe just focusing on the good guys like Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayn. I’m sure there were studies that suggested the Fed’s audience skewed Democrat as well.

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Maybe more so among the older performers but I’m maybe just focusing on the good guys like Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayn. I’m sure there were studies that suggested the Fed’s audience skewed Democrat as well.

I'd definitely say the younger generation are probably more left leaning in general in fairness. I think that's a trend that's beginning to show across the States as a whole.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd definitely say the younger generation are probably more left leaning in general in fairness. I think that's a trend that's beginning to show across the States as a whole.

Probably because they're getting the brunt of shite wages, rising costs of living, less and less paid time off work, more and more forced overtime and a growing mental health issue that all of that is causing.

Wouldn't enjoy being a younger person in the US trying to make it just now.

1 minute ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Sting just took a powerbomb from Brian Cage. Maybe his neck is healed up a bit better than we thought? 

Hopefully this means he won't be restricted to cinematic matches. They get boring very quickly. 

One helluva first bump to take when you’ve been inactive for years. Hope he’s all good. 

Sting is 61. Fs. Why is he in a main event role? 

I thought AEW were going down a more 'sports orientated' route with win and loss records and now we are having 'exploding barbed wire deathmatches'? Grim.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sting is 61. Fs. Why is he in a main event role? 

I thought AEW were going down a more 'sports orientated' route with win and loss records and now we are having 'exploding barbed wire deathmatches'? Grim.

He’s not in a main event role? And it’s not like they’re doing deathmatches every week either.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

When I watched BTE earlier I was pretty sure she was missing from the Dark Order bit, but wasn't paying that close attention. AEW's women's division doesn't have any luck.

Such a shame for her. Been improving lots recently, hopefully she makes it back this year.