The AEW Thread

TheGoon

AEW do a good job of having their stories intersect which leads to nice segments like the Moxley/Elite one there. I’d be right up for some 6 mans involving them and the Lucha Bros at some point. 

Guest bernardblack
Jericho needs to either bin the lionsault or lose 3-4 stone. Nearly killed himself tonight

Came here after seeing jericho. Pains me to say it but he might be done

AEW is not as good as people make it out to be. Watched it the other night and then watched that ridiculous botch a few posts up. I don't know why the Internet has a hard on for it. The flippy shit is embarrassing and there's not enough good storylines.

Being better than a 3 hour Raw doesn't make it good. Fs.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

AEW is not as good as people make it out to be. Watched it the other night and then watched that ridiculous botch a few posts up. I don't know why the Internet has a hard on for it. The flippy shit is embarrassing and there's not enough good storylines.

Being better than a 3 hour Raw doesn't make it good. Fs.

The last couple weeks haven't been the best. AEW suffers not having a proper crowd more than anyone.

If you haven't seen the shows/ppvs with fans, go check it out. The dynamite with the Cody v Wardlow cage match in particular is fantastic.

The main difference, for me anyway, is that whether Dynamite is bad or good, it's easy to watch. Raw feels like a lifetime, Dynamite is a quick two hours. 

10 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

The last couple weeks haven't been the best. AEW suffers not having a proper crowd more than anyone.

If you haven't seen the shows/ppvs with fans, go check it out. The dynamite with the Cody v Wardlow cage match in particular is fantastic.

The main difference, for me anyway, is that whether Dynamite is bad or good, it's easy to watch. Raw feels like a lifetime, Dynamite is a quick two hours. 

Must admit, the last show I watched prior to that was Jake the Snake's 2nd appearance (and it was Jake the Snake that got me watching). 

Jim Cornette is a well ridiculed figure but if anyone actually listened to his podcast opposed to reading his disc jockey esque snippets then it's hard to disagree with a lot of what he says. Dick or not.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit, the last show I watched was Jake the Snake's 2nd appearance (and it was Jake the Snake that got me watching). 

Jim Cornette is a well ridiculed figure but if anyone actually listened to his podcast opposed to reading his disc jockey esque snippets then it's hard to disagree with a lot of what he says. Dick or not.

I love Cornette and agree with him about 95% of the time. AEW could do worse than get him in as an advisor, but the PC brigade will never let it happen.