The AEW Thread

TheGoon

See looking at it, The Darby Allin match this week and indeed the Cody vs Brody Lee match next week could easily be on a PPV  and I doubt anyone would complain. AEW really do spoil their fans at times. Very similar to the booking of WWE in the Attitude Era where every episode of Raw was a must watch.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

On 03/10/2020 at 15:20, Bert Raccoon said:

See looking at it, The Darby Allin match this week and indeed the Cody vs Brody Lee match next week could easily be on a PPV  and I doubt anyone would complain. AEW really do spoil their fans at times. Very similar to the booking of WWE in the Attitude Era where every episode of Raw was a must watch.

It's one of the good things about not being tied into the monthly PPV model. That was something that the WWE & WCW grew into, and largely chased, because TV deals didn't pay the way they do now.

When TNA followed that model it was only because they were stuck on Fox Sports Net (which they supposedly paid to be on.) and gave them revenue & legitimacy they never would have had otherwise.

AEW are making more money from TNT and international deals on Dynamite than they would be getting from monthly PPVs. Especially in this era when PPV has clearly peaked. They now get to sprinkle PPV quality matches on TV without burning people out on repeating matches or losing much when the big PPVs roll around.

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Solid card for the Dynamite anniversary show tonight. Could see Moxley losing the belt just with how close the next PPV is.

Mox retains, and it looks like we’re getting him vs Eddie Kingston two, which I’m down for.

14 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Wins and Losses Matter. Ranking system in place. So how are we going to determine the No. 1 Contenders for the PPV 🤔

Set up a Four-Way match with the participants randomly selected out of a tombola drum 🤣

It's still wrestling, it's not real.

That segment in incredible :lol: MJF is one of those guys who is just great at everything he does.

Fair play to Jericho as well, he has nailed the Kurt Angle thing of being able to switch from being a serious heel to outright comedy at the flick of a switch.

I skipped the no.1  contender tag match as I wasn't that interested in it. Somebody should have done something to change things up and check on Reynolds. Instead it just looks like they ran through their spots exactly like they planned up to the moment he gets rolled out of the ring at the end.