The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Matt Sydal, Darby Allin and Matt Hardy all being a bawhair away from getting cabbaged in the first hour of your biggest show of the year isn't ideal. Tony Khan isn't going to get as easy of a ride in his post-show press conference as he has had for every other show. 

Sydal was an accident but the Allin bump was reckless as f**k and Matt Hardy is very, very fucking lucky to not have been killed. To continue the match after that is going to deservedly cause AEW a lot of problems going forward. 

Really, really good main event I thought. 

A good show overall just derailed by the Hardy incident and the various other mishaps. Nowhere near the quality of past AEW PPVs but still good stuff throughout. 

That Hardy bump was fucking hideous. His legs sort of clip the landing area but basically he clears it completely, there wasn't enough of a partial impact to slow his head down on its path to the concrete. 

I legitimately expected a pool of blood and brain matter to start slowly forming on the ground around his head there. He's exceptionally lucky he's not in a body bag or a vegetable and the fact that not only did neither of these things happen but he's alnost immediately managed to retain full physical and cognitive function (albeit severely concussed) get back up and carry on in any capacity is nothing short of a miracle. 

Edited by djchapsticks

25 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Oh, and Matt Hardy, cleared for concussion is in the hospital after suffering... erm... a concussion.

Absolutely disgraceful.

It's quite cringey watching a sizeable portion of their fanbase defending the mat h continuing. Abhorrent stuff.

Lots of their fans using the "WWE finished a show after someone died in the ring" which is not comparable. A better comparison is obviously them calling off the Bryan v Orton match at the beginning of Bryan's push.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Morals?

Hulk Hogan is banned from appearing. Excalibur is on commentary.

Whilst I think that's abhorrent, was it not done in character? No excuse for it but it's very different to Hogan's situation. More relatable to Vince McMahon saying it.

29 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Whilst I think that's abhorrent, was it not done in character? No excuse for it but it's very different to Hogan's situation. More relatable to Vince McMahon saying it.

I mean neither is ok but you could argue the man using it in his own home and unaware he's being filmed isn't using it to make money. 

It wasn't ok when Vince said it either.