The AEW Thread

TheGoon

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I haven't seen him anywhere else but from what iv read, he's only good in death matches etc. He's bang average in the ring and is evidently an arse out of it. The only thing that kept me watching his matches was when he was paired with sabien because penelope Ford was at ringside.

I've been in his company a couple of times over the years and found him to be a wee p***k

Havoc is quite well known in the death match genre across the world. He won the CZW Tournament of Death a few years back, so he definitely brought some fans to AEW.

He's apparently a horrendous individual though, and if only a quarter of the allegations are true then AEW are well rid. I used to quite like him as a wrestler. He seemed quite sound in the second ICW BBC documentary when they go down to London for some award show.

Turns out he's a dreadful scumbag who needs psychiatric help.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He's apparently a horrendous individual though, and if only a quarter of the allegations are true then AEW are well rid. I used to quite like him as a wrestler. He seemed quite sound in the second ICW BBC documentary when they go down to London for some award show.

Turns out he's a dreadful scumbag who needs psychiatric help.

Thing is a lot of these guys created their own wee society. I've been pals with a good number of the ICW stalwarts going back almost 20 years since my mate from school started training. From then I've been pals with a large number of the guys (less so these days since I committed to being a full time hermit) but what I did notice was that when you have so many bizarre wrestling fans looking to you like a god you start to believe your own shit.

Some of them were simply not used to people saying no to them and from there they created this wee society that I mentioned earlier where they are conditioned to believe they are much bigger stars than they actually are. 

Thankfully only one or 2 people I consider good pals were mentioned in the shitstorm, and the only one I actually properly give a f**k about has been brought in out of spite. I'm saying hee haw about it on here but twitter during that few week was horrendous.

People out there who have been up to some seriously shady stuff (with evidence) are put over here, and anyone else who has anything said about them, regardless of evidence, are grouped in with them because it's Twitter and "well he said this and i believe him and I'm right so you're actually the devil".

One good thing to come out of it is that my cousin has been training and working shows for a few years and he only told me a month or so ago that someone who I considered a very good friend was using him as some sort of mental punching bag. 

What people need to remember is that as much as these people run in the same circles for the most part, THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. If you seriously believe every single one of them knows everything their peers are up to then you are deluded. Going by that logic one day one of your friends will be outed for something, be it outright criminal behaviour or something that's just not cool, then surely you're just as culpable because you're their friend?

No, of course you're not. That's insane, but that's twitter. People need to stop believing everything they read. 

This is not to say I'm defending anyone here because these people who have been accused (with proof, either in the public domain or soon to be) can get so far to f**k, but I'm not going to jump in the crowd because one person has something bad to say about someone.

I read so many things by people who were absolutely desperate to believe everything that was written to the point they've made absolute arses of themselves on twitter and they don't even know they are happily gobbling up bullshit. 

Anyway I don't know what happened to this post. Anyone who has any ideas of messaging me to get some gossip can f**k off just as much as these fuckers who have been outed that should be in a cell.

AEW planning on running their current venue at 10% capacity later this month. Won’t be much over 500 people, and it’s outdoors, but still seems a bit risky with the state Florida’s in.

Edited by TheGoon

Even having 10% of the place filled made a difference at times to the atmosphere of the show. I was a little surprised at how short the sammy and matt match was, I'd imagine that's down to matt not being fit enough to pull off much more than a ten minute match just now. The story's all seem to be progressing pretty nicely though and it was another good watch this week.