The AEW Thread

TheGoon

So many great wee bits flying under the radar.

Calling Omega a "pumpkinheaded dipshit"

The tiny tshirt

Pouring a glass of champers but putting it down to drink out of the bottle

The hounds being an adorable gaggle of cute dogs

If you'd have said 50 year old Jericho vs near 50 year old Matt Hardy would be the best thing in wrestling in 2020 15 years ago people would have thought you were nuts.

AEW are spectacular

Edited by cb_diamond

Good main event from Cody & Spears. Not sure about the latter still main-eventing shows but I think it’s more to do with the lack of personnel there. Video packages throughout for Moxley/Hager next week were excellent, quite looking forward to seeing that now.

Good main event from Cody & Spears. Not sure about the latter still main-eventing shows but I think it’s more to do with the lack of personnel there. Video packages throughout for Moxley/Hager next week were excellent, quite looking forward to seeing that now.
Spears actually looked decent in this match. I haven't been impressed with him up to this point though. There was alot more video packages this week, but that's to be expected as they try and stretch out the matches they already have etc. Jericho on commentary is gold.

AEW have moved this year’s Double of Nothing to next year, but are still going ahead with a version of it (presumably in Florida) 

I really don’t see many wanting to fork out for an empty arena PPV.

After Vince's utter scumbag behaviour this week,I've decided to devote more of my time to AEW. That Cabana promo already has me sold on a guy who's about the same level on the roster as Shorty fucking G.

Schiavone and Jericho are also better than any WWE commentary pairing in the last 15 years.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

After Vince's utter scumbag behaviour this week,I've decided to devote more of my time to AEW. That Cabana promo already has me sold on a guy who's about the same level on the roster as Shorty fucking G.

Schiavone and Jericho are also better than any WWE commentary pairing in the last 15 years.

Any combination of their commentary is better than anything WWE's had since erm, JR & King back in the mid 00's.

JR
Schiavone
Tazz
Excalibur (The mask annoys me - I have to say)
Goldenboy

Are all better than anything WWE have to offer (Except Mauro).

Jericho must be one of, if not the best all round wrestler of all time. Excellent wrestler, great face, fantastic heel, one of the best on the mic and now keeping the show interesting with his commentary.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Jericho must be one of, if not the best all round wrestler of all time. Excellent wrestler, great face, fantastic heel, one of the best in the mic and now keeping the show interesting with his commentary.

Agreed. He is an all time great. He's won titles across numerous promotions and has kept himself fresh and relevant. That he's still one of the top guys in the entire industry today speaks to how good he is.

Jericho must be one of, if not the best all round wrestler of all time. Excellent wrestler, great face, fantastic heel, one of the best in the mic and now keeping the show interesting with his commentary.

Looking forward to his Saturday Night Spectacular on YouTube tonight if up or tomorrow. Who wouldn’t want to watch him get pished and answer some questions.

Agreed he is fantastic in commentary really making AEW watchable during this time.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Looking forward to his Saturday Night Spectacular on YouTube tonight if up or tomorrow. Who wouldn’t want to watch him get pished and answer some questions.

Agreed he is fantastic in commentary really making AEW watchable during this time.

02.00 our time.

Fozzy are the guests tonight.

Edited by DA Baracus

Jericho must be one of, if not the best all round wrestler of all time. Excellent wrestler, great face, fantastic heel, one of the best on the mic and now keeping the show interesting with his commentary.
In my top 3 of all time. Loved how he's been able to adapt characters throughout the years. My favourite Jericho is always a heel Jericho, all the way back to the WCW years when he was calling out Goldberg.

The man is tremendous, love his podcast and love everything he brings to the business even although he's approaching 50