The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Despite feeling it shouldn’t have ran in the first place, have to admit I really enjoyed the show. Wrestlers around the ring was a great shout, loved the Lamce Archer vignette and Hardy was a nice surprise (though can’t help but think about how much bigger a moment it’d have felt in front of an audience) 

I will say, have no desire to see Blood & Guts in an empty arena, which it sounds like they’re pressing on with anyway. A match like that needs a crowd behind it.

The Hardy and Lee pops would have been brilliant with a live crowd. Shame but it is what it is.

Lee showed with one promo (with a nice shot at McMahon) that he can talk. What a shock to see that WWE have utterly wasted another talent.

Agee with the above regarding Blood and Guts. It would be weird in an empty arena and absolutely needs to be in front a big crowd.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The Hardy and Lee pops would have been brilliant with a live crowd. Shame but it is what it is.

Lee showed with one promo (with a nice shot at McMahon) that he can talk. What a shock to see that WWE have utterly wasted another talent.

Agee with the above regarding Blood and Guts. It would be weird in an empty arena and absolutely needs to be in front a big crowd.

They’ve just pulled Blood & Guts for now thankfully. Show is still taking place on Wednesday, but will be headlined by Jericho confronting Hardy - which should be good. Two guys who’ve not really interacted before.

16 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

AEW have moved all their shows through to June to the empty arena in Jacksonville. I really wish they’d just stop filming for a bit. No need.

Money. They kept their rating up last week and TNT will be hurting with no nba and baseball for the next several months.

Dynamite was pretty decent. Solid match from Omega & Guevara, I’m not sure how I feel about Broken Matt, feels a little out of place in AEW. Struggle to really get engaged in the shows without crowds, but looks like they’re intent on just going ahead with it.