The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I’m totally fine with AEW’s PPV schedule so long as every few weeks on TV there’s a “big” or even just gimmicked show to build towards. They’ve really found their rhythm at the minute and I think it’d be foolish to change it. 

Guest bernardblack
Belter of a main event tonight. I thought Jericho was away with Fozzy again but looks like he’ll be sticking around for a rematch. 
2BA427B1-DB2A-45BB-9086-2AAEDB3272C8.thumb.jpeg.ba980dfed174da1f602c4fff3376e795.jpeg
551C8CB9-A00C-4DEA-B642-0EACDF0988F8.thumb.jpeg.c4a64ddd9cba03633058951bc483946f.jpeg
2492C9A3-1126-42DB-969D-7597DD2EE551.thumb.jpeg.bb8cc82e2926ed8a6585c91dec60f008.jpeg
8E7B90DC-A353-487D-8CFE-406C029872D4.thumb.jpeg.a59fe94112d2f1f5ae7fee50c825d410.jpeg
D5ABFA94-3DD4-493E-B653-CC728841E602.jpeg.d75522217722457c084533282b37b79f.jpeg

Looks amazing. I’m sure I read he’s on tour but there’s no Wednesday dates.

That is quite easily the best promo I've seen in AEW or even wrestling in the last 10 year. Cody's promo the other week was top notch and with Jake back involved, there's now a storyline that has me genuinely wanting to watch wrestling again.

Utter class the way he left the ring. Criminal that WWE haven't used Jake more since his recovery. He'll be a great mouthpiece.

9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I want to listen to that but the one with Flair I couldn't finish, the background noise was horrific and sounded like Aw c**t wouldn't shut the f**k up and listen.

The Jake one is significantly better quality. The Flair one sounded like the microphone was in the back row of the crowd

Love how they haven't just rolled a legend out to smile, wave and hit the finisher for a nice pop. 

Proper use of not only a legend, but one of the best promos that wrestling has ever seen. 

The only sad part is that his throat has been wrecked over the years and whilst that gravelly voice does add something to him, there's nothing more sinister than those old Jake Roberts hushed, almost whispered promos. 

And the way he exited the ring was beautiful. 

Edited by djchapsticks

On 06/03/2020 at 01:40, djchapsticks said:

Love how they haven't just rolled a legend out to smile, wave and hit the finisher for a nice pop. 

Proper use of not only a legend, but one of the best promos that wrestling has ever seen. 

The only sad part is that his throat has been wrecked over the years and whilst that gravelly voice does add something to him, there's nothing more sinister than those old Jake Roberts hushed, almost whispered promos. 

And the way he exited the ring was beautiful. 

Best promo? I could barely understand what he was saying.

2 hours ago, thekorean said:

Best promo? I could barely understand what he was saying.

By one of the best promos that Wrestling has ever seen, I wasn't talking about the specific one on Dynamite.

I meant that Jake Roberts is one of the best promo guys in the history of Wrestling and this sort of stuff is proper use of him.

That you couldn't understand what he was saying during what was a very good promo is more about you than the promo.

Edited by djchapsticks