The AEW Thread

TheGoon

11 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

That second show can’t be live, I’m assuming it won’t be. Good news about the deal though, wonder if ad share % has increased or if they’re still on the same kinda agreement.

Doubt its going to be their Thunder. Maybe a combination of Dark and the other Road to type shows they've done on youtube.

30 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Doubt its going to be their Thunder. Maybe a combination of Dark and the other Road to type shows they've done on youtube.

Aye that’s what I’m assuming. Something on a Saturday/Sunday night would be decent.

Confirmed it’s $45 Million a year in TV money but that includes production/setup so only an increase of about $5-$10 Mill. Decent, but it’ll be some time before AEW start actually making money.

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Aye that’s what I’m assuming. Something on a Saturday/Sunday night would be decent.

Confirmed it’s $45 Million a year in TV money but that includes production/setup so only an increase of about $5-$10 Mill. Decent, but it’ll be some time before AEW start actually making money.

Their first years set of finacials will make interesting reading. Would imagine they make a moderate amount from live gates, a decent ish amount in merch and a moderate amount in worldwide TV revenue. I suspect keeping wages etc at a sensible level will be paramount.

Dynamite was solid again but poor Old JR ks really struggling. Britt Baker’s promo on him was only so good because it was, sadly, accurate. I don’t think he’s going to get better and it’s sadly something they’ll have to make a call on soon.

First ever singles title change in AEW history. Bit surprised it went to Nyla given how over Britt Baker’s getting, but she really needed a big win at some point. 

Poor Riho. Could’ve been so much more of she actually appeared more than once in a blue moon.

9 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I'm not watching, I'm watching NXT. But I've just seen Nyla is the new champ and the fucking Twitter responses..... Jesus Christ.

@TheGoon Was it any good? 

Yeah really decent match. The transphobic stuff being chucked at her is really depressing. 

Jeff Cobb debuts for AEW next week against Moxley, I think he’s a great get. Have enjoyed what I’ve seen of him over the years.