The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Good catchup for anyone that hasn’t been following AEW yet here - 

Good piece from Vulture here too - https://t.co/9SwM8nrgpo

Numbers wise, I think people might need to temper their expectations a bit, but I think anything over a million if they can get it would be a success. 

Really enjoyable first show. Good matches, good moments and I think Hager’s a solid addition to the roster. They didn’t go all out like NXT did, but they didn’t really need to. Everything was paced well and felt like it mattered. Tony never missed a beat on comms either.

Only real criticisms I would have at this stage would be the lack of introductions of characters for new viewers. Even a 30 second clip in the style of UFC could make a huge difference, I’d like to see them improve on that. Also maybe one too many pull apart brawls. 

Aside from that, solid show and looking forward to next week. 

41 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Surprised at Hager coming in as a top guy, didn’t see it coming but see where it goes.

Where has it been confirmed that he's coming in as a top guy?

Apparently the version on ITV hub has been edited.

As for the show I liked. Hearing Tony at the start brought back the old nitro nostalgia.

The main event not ending in a DQ because of Mox I liked. If it had been a singles or even a traditional tag I'm hoping the ref would have called it.

Then the eventual beat down was great. While Hager looked a bit like a gormless idiot, he looked imposing and the fans live bought into it with the 'We the People' chants.

It was nice watching a solid 2 hour wrestling show, felt like it flew by in ITVHub, but the editing wasn’t great between what would have been commercial breaks in the states.

Guessing it was the video editing that delayed it going live.

Some character building over the next couple of weeks very much required for a TV audience.