The AEW Thread

TheGoon

42 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I assume you mean $50? Even so, that's very expensive. I enjoy a spot of wrestling, but I doubt I'd ever pay that. 

Yeah, sorry. $50.

PPVs in the states are insanely priced. Wilder Fury for example was $75 I'm sure and the Money in the Bank PPV a couple of weeks back was priced at $59.99.

Doing 98,000 buys at that price for a promotion which has essentially only ever had one event is pretty good going along with a 15,000 live gate. 

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Yeah, sorry. $50.

PPVs in the states are insanely priced. Wilder Fury for example was $75 I'm sure and the Money in the Bank PPV a couple of weeks back was priced at $59.99.

Doing 98,000 buys at that price for a promotion which has essentially only ever had one event is pretty good going along with a 15,000 live gate. 

That's mental. Why would anyone pay that for a one-off event like MitB when they can get it and every other event on the Network for only $10 per month?

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's mental. Why would anyone pay that for a one-off event like MitB when they can get it and every other event on the Network for only $10 per month?

Poor internet/stubbornness.

The thing is, and In Your House showed this in the 90s, if you price your PPVs at a premium price it’ll be perceived as a premium product and people will buy it. Lower it, and it’s seen as a lower quality product. As long as AEW don’t do PPVs every month they could probably get away with $50. 

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Poor internet/stubbornness.

The thing is, and In Your House showed this in the 90s, if you price your PPVs at a premium price it’ll be perceived as a premium product and people will buy it. Lower it, and it’s seen as a lower quality product. As long as AEW don’t do PPVs every month they could probably get away with $50. 

I know the Internet in USA isn't great, but I'd say it's adequate for 90% of the population to stream content. 

I see what you're saying re: premium content but it seems sheer madness. Kinda like sports shoe manufacturers creating £2,000 shoes that aren't really different from £200 shoes but if they don't charge customers that then someone else will. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Moxley vs Kenny Omega official for All Out. Looking forward to that, however it's ages away. Fyter Fest will take place in just over 2 weeks, here's what we have for that:

Michael Nakazawa vs Alex Jebailey in a hardcore match.

Yuka Sakazaki vs Riho vs Nyla Rose.

Christopher Daniels vs Cima.

Cody vs Darby Allin.

Jon Moxley vs Joey Janela.

Adam Page vs Jimmy Havoc vs Jungle Boy vs MJF.

The Elite (Kenny, Matt & Nick) vs Lucha Brothers & Mystery Partner.

On 6/14/2019 at 22:15, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

The ships probably sailed. Ticket sales in the UK have been down the last few years. They should have done it 4-5 years ago..

Offer better product and demand will rise again. But then again we are talking about WWE in 2019 so that won't happen anytime soon.

I assume if you're getting the PPV, you can buy it at a later time and watch on demand rather than live?  Not sure I'd stay up for one (can barely manage staying up for the big 4 WWE ones anymore) but would be interested in catching it the next day.