Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Burnie_man

EoS Conference B Thread 2019-20

Recommended Posts

Cheers. Article confirms it was 4-2... so unless 2-24 at Canalfield we've debunked that outlandish suggestion.

My reference was the Spartans history pamphlet - published c15yrs ago.


On a related theme:

Penicuik won every game in 1937-38... as often happened in those days 1 game was unplayed (out of 24 at that time)... so for Tynecastle to equal that will require them to follow 15 wins in a row with 19 more.

More realistic may be a First Division record... Easthouses went undefeated in 1990-91, but drew 6 of their 18 games and dropped 6pts (which is 12pts in "new money"); Tollcross in 1993-94 dropped 5pts (which is 9pts nowadays); Stirling University dropped 7pts in 2009-10.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took in Edinburgh United v Glenrothes today. 

Glenrothes worthy winners, although Edinburgh had chances and a pretty solid penalty shout at 1-2.

Hadn't realised until reading my programme that 2nd place is worth going for - presumably 2nd place in both conferences play off against each other for a third promotion spot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Took in Edinburgh United v Glenrothes today. 

Glenrothes worthy winners, although Edinburgh had chances and a pretty solid penalty shout at 1-2.

Hadn't realised until reading my programme that 2nd place is worth going for - presumably 2nd place in both conferences play off against each other for a third promotion spot? 

Runners up in each Conference will play-off for a 3rd promotion spot.

However, due to the various permutations that can play out there's also the possibility that both runners up can be promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Hadn't realised until reading my programme that 2nd place is worth going for - presumably 2nd place in both conferences play off against each other for a third promotion spot? 

Conference winners promoted automatically and playoff for First Division title.

Conference runners-up playoff for promotion... unless Premier Division otherwise 1 club short in which case both promoted automatically.


EDIT: Premier could end-up 1 club short if fewer relegated from LL than promoted.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B

Burntisland Shipyard 1-4 Preston Athletic
Craigroyston 1-4 Dalkeith Thistle
Dunipace 8-1 Easthouses Lily MW
Haddington Athletic 6-0 Stirling University (EoS)
Heriot-Watt University 1-3 Tynecastle
Kinnoull 3-0 Coldstream
Leith Athletic 3-2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Lothian Thistle HV 4-2 Glenrothes
Ormiston 1-1 Tweedmouth Rangers
Peebles Rovers 1-0 Arniston Rangers
St Andrews United 4-2 Hawick Royal Albert United

image.png.9ae27b2ff192a1f1c34462495346026a.png

Tynecastle scored their 100th and 101st goals in Conference play.

 

Edited by FairWeatherFan
edited to order scores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B

Burntisland Shipyard 1-4 Preston Athletic
Craigroyston 1-4 Dalkeith Thistle
Dunipace 8-1 Easthouses Lily MW
Haddington Athletic 6-0 Stirling University (EoS)
Heriot-Watt University 1-3 Tynecastle
Kinnoull 3-0 Coldstream
Leith Athletic 3-2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Lothian Thistle HV 4-2 Glenrothes
Ormiston 1-1 Tweedmouth Rangers
Peebles Rovers 1-0 Arniston Rangers
St Andrews United 4-2 Hawick Royal Albert United

image.png.9ae27b2ff192a1f1c34462495346026a.png

Tynecastle scored their 100th and 101st goals in Conference play.

 

How soon will it be before Tynecastle win the title  ? This must be close to some sort of record  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

How soon will it be before Tynecastle win the title  ? This must be close to some sort of record  🤔

If you simply applied current form. They would have the title wrapped up by Match Day 26.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweedmouth v Tynecastle has been moved from Sunday 1st December to Wednesday 11th December under the lights on Shielfield Park.


Tynecastle still look imperious, and the question looks ever more like 'who can beat them' or even 'hold them'. In their own conference only Preston hasn't been faced. In the inter-conference maybe Leith, LTHV, Dunipace or St Andrews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tweedmouth v Tynecastle has been moved from Sunday 1st December to Wednesday 11th December under the lights on Shielfield Park.


Tynecastle still look imperious, and the question looks ever more like 'who can beat them' or even 'hold them'. In their own conference only Preston hasn't been faced. In the inter-conference maybe Leith, LTHV, Dunipace or St Andrews.

Kinnoull have gone off some people's radar having fallen so many games behind those ahead of them. The game between them and Tynecastle in a couple of weeks could be another tricky one for Tynecastle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the topic of Tynecastle. They're doing so well in their Conference, the come from a boys club background. Anyone have an idea why they resigned from the u20s league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf B v. Conf A

Arniston Rangers 1-3 Leith Athletic
Coldstream 0-2 Haddington Athletic
Dalkeith Thistle 0-2 Lothian Thistle HV
Easthouses Lily MW 2-6 Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh United 6-0 Ormiston
Glenrothes 5-2 Craigroyston
Hawick Royal Albert United P-P Burntisland Shipyard
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 5-1 Peebles Rovers
Preston Athletic A-A St Andrews United
Stirling University (EoS) 1-5 Dunipace
Tynecastle 2-1 Kinnoull

image.png.3aa3a456e692b347a755129548543df8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win at Tweedmouth on Wednesday... assuming it's on - pitch took a battering today... and Tynecastle will begin 2nd half of season with DOUBLE the points of their closest pursuer.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tynecastle just needing another couple of wins to have the league won?
As it stands they need to reach 91 points to win the conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Tynecastle just needing another couple of wins to have the league won?

If you project current form Inverkeithing would end up with a points total of 70.68. If Tynecastle keep winning they will hit 72 points on MD24. It's getting closer.

Especially as their next 3 games are scheduled to be Tweedmouth, Burntisland and Craigroyston. So getting to 20/20 seems very doable if those games go ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gimme said:
47 minutes ago, Connor7 said:
Tynecastle just needing another couple of wins to have the league won?

As it stands they need to reach 91 points to win the conference.

That would be if Inverkeithing went on a similar 100% run. If they continue dropping an average of 1pt per game then every 3 games they play is another 1 game Tynecastle don't need to win.

So for example come February 29th you might find Swifts had 47pts from 22 games (assuming no postponements suffered but equally no midweeks played) which would leave them able to reach maximum 83pts with their remaining 12 games. Tynecastle if they kept winning would have 84pts come February 29th (similar assumptions).

In reality: I'd be surprised if they won it anything like that early. Even if you think they can win every game - which is a very tall order! - someone else may hit good form; someone else or Tynecastle themselves may suffer postponements; etc. etc. Edinburgh Utd or Glenrothes only need middling form and some call-offs to reach late Feb with ~40pts from ~20 games, and ~15 games-in-hand lifts bar toward ~90pts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey Tweedmouth did well! Only 1-3!

EoS First Division Conference B
Tweedmouth Rangers 1-3 Tynecastle
image.png.d7c2200fab26fe7f60c8d0b03ef375d1.png
For now Tynecastle have double the points of 2nd place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...