EoS Conference B Thread 2019-20

On 14/08/2019 at 22:51, Ginaro said:

Thought Stirling Uni would be better than this, but looking at last season they also had a slow start - losing their first four games and it was well into September when they drew with Jeanfield and won at Blackburn.

Heriot watt seem to be doing okay at this time of the year, suppose the coaching team are apparently really really good. I am very surprised at Stirling with resources at their disposal, they should be stronger

On 14/08/2019 at 22:51, Ginaro said:

Thought Stirling Uni would be better than this, but looking at last season they also had a slow start - losing their first four games and it was well into September when they drew with Jeanfield and won at Blackburn.

I was very surprised at how poor stirling were vs Coldstream, how does the herriot twatt team seem tae be doing well outwit term time, I never see them struggling, watched them vs Tranent and they looked a proper side. I hear that the coaching staff are apparently brilliant. am very surprised at stirling, that's coldstream  and inverkeithing and they looked really poor

6 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I was very surprised at how poor stirling were vs Coldstream, how does the herriot twatt team seem tae be doing well outwit term time, I never see them struggling, watched them vs Tranent and they looked a proper side. I hear that the coaching staff are apparently brilliant. am very surprised at stirling, that's coldstream  and inverkeithing and they looked really poor

To be fair it is Stirling's 2s compared to HWU's 1s, and I think they have a connection with Currie Star which might help prior to term time.

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

To be fair it is Stirling's 2s compared to HWU's 1s, and I think they have a connection with Currie Star which might help prior to term time.

Stirling 2s play are a better if not same level as Heriott Twatt 1s, they 2s play 1A on Wed and HWatt play 2A.  Think the partnership is currie star 19s, they cannae compete in EOS. Think The Heriot are playing way above their level, they deserve enormous credit, seem tae play decent fitball and look well organised. Stirling on the otherside lack direction.

Really well done to Arniston went along expecting a big home win. First half Arniston really frustrated Preston and although Easton had to make 3/4 very good saves 2nd half they held on for a big 3 points. 

Little over 72hrs prior the clubs had respectively beaten Premier powerhouses Musselburgh and crashed 8-1 at home to Haddington. It certainly surprised almost everyone in the ground.

First half saw Preston on top to begin with but it was even thereafter and the visitors came to the fore as HT approached. They forced a good save for a corner then saw it turned out for a throw-in, and after the long-range chuck was repelled the ball came back in and was stabbed home amongst a melee. To trail was perhaps unfair on Preston but only a touch harsh if so.

Second half was almost all Preston with just an occasional counterattack from the Midlothian men. Much to the frustration of the home support numerous assaults came to nothing more than several sharp saves by the Arniston 'keeper.

Crowd of about 110, including a few in gardens.

Long haul in a 34-game season: but Preston can't afford to drop points like this too often.

They seemed to have a few coaches. One of them spent most of him time high up in the stand - including shouting a lot of advice to their left winger - coming down a few times to pass on tactical observations.

Winnable game next at home to Stirling Uni EOS.

Hawick were architects of their own downfall in a game spoilt by constant heavy rain and strong wind. Edinburgh United arrived late and kickoff was delayed just shy of 15mins for warm-up.

Hosts on top for most of the first half, and should've been comfortably in front, but for missing several sitters with boot & head... Visitors then forced several sharp saves as HT loomed and delivered the sucker punch in stoppage time: centre half unmarked and headed straight in from a corner. Second half was more even with Edinburgh Utd having more play and pressure, but also relying on their stopper several times. They doubled their lead midway through, when Hawick's keeper spooned a cross and it was poked in at 2nd attempt.

Not the highest quality. Crowd about 55.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 20/08/2019 at 21:27, Footballfirst said:

Surprise result tonight?

Preston 0-1 Arniston FT

As said on another site, not a big surprise as they are both in the same league.

Maybe Preston were a bit complacent after a good cup win on Saturday but you cannot expect to turn up at each league match expecting to either win or lose

Stirling EOS host leaders Tynecastle tomorrow with their LL side now not in action. Will be interesting to see how that goes. 

Haven’t overly followed reserve side team lines, but surely there’s something in place to prevent wholesale changes of higher level players dropping down for a weak?