EoS Conference B Thread 2019-20

EoS First Division Conference B

Arniston Rangers 1-3 Hawick Royal Albert United
Coldstream 1-5 Tynecastle
Easthouses Lily MW 0-3 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Edinburgh United 2-0* Dalkeith Thistle match abadoned 71st minute serious injury
Tweedmouth Rangers 0-6 Preston Athletic

image.png.92fc3d944991cbdb15cb2fc01881474e.png

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Edinburgh United 2-0* Dalkeith Thistle match abadoned 71st minute serious injury

Cameron Leslie suffers double fracture of tibia + fibia, according to Dalkeith twitter. Horror injury.

That's also 2nd season running Edinburgh Utd are the opponents in an early weeks injury abandonment.

49 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cameron Leslie suffers double fracture of tibia + fibia, according to Dalkeith twitter. Horror injury.

That's also 2nd season running Edinburgh Utd are the opponents in an early weeks injury abandonment.

Hope the young lad makes a speedy recovery Hibee. I was just about as far away from it as I could have been and it sounded like a nasty injury at the time. 

I was there too and I hope that it was a clean break and he makes a full and speedy recovery.

I don't know what discussion there was between the physios and coaches, but there didn't seem much in the way of "first aid" being administered, barring covering the lad with a foil blanket.  I might be old school, but I would have expected that someone would have had sufficient knowledge to fit a splint, place him onto a stretcher and carry him to the dressing room or at least under cover, rather than leaving him lying on the ground in a steady drizzle.

On 31/07/2019 at 20:39, Only an observer said:

Selected Half times or near about 

Arniston 1 - 3 HRAU

Coldstream 1-3 Tynecastle

Easthouses 0 -1 IHS

Edinburgh 2 - 0 Dalkeith 

HOB 4 - Jeanfield 2

watched arni game last night and there in bother this year not enough quality and a lot of plodders its a shame to see a good old club like them struggle

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I was there too and I hope that it was a clean break and he makes a full and speedy recovery.

I don't know what discussion there was between the physios and coaches, but there didn't seem much in the way of "first aid" being administered, barring covering the lad with a foil blanket.  I might be old school, but I would have expected that someone would have had sufficient knowledge to fit a splint, place him onto a stretcher and carry him to the dressing room or at least under cover, rather than leaving him lying on the ground in a steady drizzle.

I've seen situations where the person concerned has refused the assistance of others.  Could be the lad didn't want touched until the professionals arrived?

Definitely old school. The Edinburgh Utd helper is a paramedic and took control of the situation. The correct thing to do was not move the laddie till the ambulance crew arrived with the proper equipment. Edinburgh wouldn’t let us break up an old broom to fashion a makeshift splint. [emoji23]

Definitely old school. The Edinburgh Utd helper is a paramedic and took control of the situation. The correct thing to do was not move the laddie till the ambulance crew arrived with the proper equipment. Edinburgh wouldn’t let us break up an old broom to fashion a makeshift splint. [emoji23]

I was on the SFA first aid course recently and that was the advice. First aider role is to control the situation and make sure the issue doesnt get any worse till the ambulance (professionals) arrive. Trying to move or put a splint on would fall into the "potentially make it worse" category, rather than just keeping the person awake and alert and ensuring nothing else is going on.

We were specifically told not to put a splint/leg brace etc. on as the first thing the paramedics will do when they get there is take it off to examine the injury, then if required stabilise themselves. So that would put the person through the initial pain of putting it on, then additional pain of taking it off, unnecessarily, potentially doing more damage.

Hope the lad as OK and makes a full recovery. [emoji106]

3 hours ago, gaz5 said:

I was on the SFA first aid course recently and that was the advice. First aider role is to control the situation and make sure the issue doesnt get any worse till the ambulance (professionals) arrive. Trying to move or put a splint on would fall into the "potentially make it worse" category, rather than just keeping the person awake and alert and ensuring nothing else is going on.

We were specifically told not to put a splint/leg brace etc. on as the first thing the paramedics will do when they get there is take it off to examine the injury, then if required stabilise themselves. So that would put the person through the initial pain of putting it on, then additional pain of taking it off, unnecessarily, potentially doing more damage.

Hope the lad as OK and makes a full recovery. emoji106.png

Back in the old days they'd have played on 😕😲

Arniston Rangers 0-1 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Easthouses Lily MW 5-1 Tweedmouth Rangers
Glenrothes 6-0 Coldstream
Hawick Royal Albert United 6-2 Dalkeith Thistle
Preston Athletic 4-2 Stirling University (EoS)
Tynecastle 2-1 Edinburgh United

image.png.c684719dfbf674824e06226b73682846.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan
Glenrothes to 3 games

On 03/08/2019 at 16:48, FairWeatherFan said:

Arniston Rangers 0-1 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Easthouses Lily MW 5-1 Tweedmouth Rangers
Glenrothes 6-0 Coldstream
Hawick Royal Albert United 6-2 Dalkeith Thistle
Preston Athletic 4-2 Stirling University (EoS)
Tynecastle 2-1 Edinburgh United

image.png.56039d88df33e6d36c45a70629dd8ac6.png

Glenrothes have played 3 games FWF. 

2 wins out of 2 for both Preston and Tynecastle make those 2 the early favourites.