Lothian Thistle HV 3-1 Leith Athletic
Oakley United 3-2 Burntisland Shipyard

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B

Haddington Athletic 5-0 Preston Athletic
Peebles Rovers 0-3 Coldstream

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf B v. Conf A

Stirling University (EoS) 0-1 Kinnoull

image.png.88e07c2e8d3549c9f37b7950a2ec61c4.png

LTHV do themselves, and near enough of half of the league, a favour with their win over Conference leaders Leith.

Having had so many games in hand over their rivals Kinnoull lie in wait in 7th and only miss out on 6th place just now on goal difference. Could they end up topping the table in 2020 or will it be too much for them I wonder?

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS First Division Conference A

Heriot-Watt University 3-0 St Andrews United
Lothian Thistle HV 3-1 Leith Athletic
Oakley United 3-2 Burntisland Shipyard

Haddington Athletic 5-0 Preston Athletic
Peebles Rovers 0-3 Coldstream

Stirling University (EoS) 0-1 Kinnoull

image.png.88e07c2e8d3549c9f37b7950a2ec61c4.png

LTHV do themselves, and near enough of half of the league, a favour with their win over Conference leaders Leith.

Having had so many games in hand over their rivals Kinnoull lie in wait in 7th and only miss out on 6th place just now on goal difference. Could they end up topping the table in 2020 or will it be too much for them I wonder?

A well deserved win today for LTHV against Leith who had a man sent off first half that ultimately may have been their undoing. The league is well up for grabs! 

Craigroyston 0-11 Leith Athletic
Dunipace 3-2 Haddington Athletic
St Andrews United 1-1 Kinnoull

Ormiston 1-3 Preston Athletic
Peebles Rovers 1-1 Hawick Royal Albert United

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 2-1 Oakley United
Glenrothes 5-1 Burntisland Shipyard
Tynecastle 2-2 Lothian Thistle HV

image.png.e35726f0024e20b424531338037e422e.png

LTHV bring an end to Tynecastle's 18 game winning streak in the First Division with their 2-2 draw.

Bit worried about Craigroyston seeing out the season following such a heavy defeat and the previous difficulty getting a team together.

On 04/01/2020 at 16:46, FairWeatherFan said:

Craigroyston 0-11 Leith Athletic
Dunipace 3-2 Haddington Athletic
St Andrews United 1-1 Kinnoull

Ormiston 1-3 Preston Athletic
Peebles Rovers 1-1 Hawick Royal Albert United

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 2-1 Oakley United
Glenrothes 5-1 Burntisland Shipyard
Tynecastle 2-2 Lothian Thistle HV

image.png.e35726f0024e20b424531338037e422e.png

LTHV bring an end to Tynecastle's 18 game winning streak in the First Division with their 2-2 draw.

Bit worried about Craigroyston seeing out the season following such a heavy defeat and the previous difficulty getting a team together.

Attended Tynie game... far better side just couldn’t take their chances.

LTHV physical side without any real stand outs. If they win league will be the worst side to do so in a long time. Wide open though...

1 hour ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Attended Tynie game... far better side just couldn’t take their chances.

LTHV physical side without any real stand outs. If they win league will be the worst side to do so in a long time. Wide open though...

Very harsh on LTHV. I attended game too and LTHV at least matched Tynie 1st half, are down to the bare bones in personnel and kept going for 90+ mins on a huge pitch. They are a young side with a few loan signings and their coaches deserve a lot of credit - one defeat in over 10 competitive games. I thought their keeper was excellent, the 2 centre backs marshalled Smith, the prolific goalscorer, well until the last 20 minutes when he came alive via a penalty. The c/f led the line well and the midfield at least matched Tynie. On being physical, Tynie could have 2 players sent off on another day, including their goalkeeper. I don't recollect a dirty LTHV challenge. Opinions, eh. 

FWIW, I was disappointed in Tynie considering they're steamrolling everyone and would suggest Conference A has a much better group of teams. 

Edited by Passthebaw

1 hour ago, Passthebaw said:

Very harsh on LTHV. I attended game too and LTHV at least matched Tynie 1st half, are down to the bare bones in personnel and kept going for 90+ mins on a huge pitch. They are a young side with a few loan signings and their coaches deserve a lot of credit - one defeat in over 10 competitive games. I thought their keeper was excellent, the 2 centre backs marshalled Smith, the prolific goalscorer, well until the last 20 minutes when he came alive via a penalty. The c/f led the line well and the midfield at least matched Tynie. On being physical, Tynie could have 2 players sent off on another day, including their goalkeeper. I don't recollect a dirty LTHV challenge. Opinions, eh. 

FWIW, I was disappointed in Tynie considering they're steamrolling everyone and would suggest Conference A has a much better group of teams. 

Hadn’t seen much of Tynie due to work commitments this year and had only gone by results and league table, but I thought they played LTHV off the park and as you say they’re goalkeeper had an excellent game. 

Hadn’t seen much of Tynie due to work commitments this year and had only gone by results and league table, but I thought they played LTHV off the park and as you say they’re goalkeeper had an excellent game. 
LTHV keeper didn't have a save to make the whole first half. TFC could of had 3 sent off, the goalie definitely should have had a straight red. That and LTHV almost scored straight from the kickoff when Cummings rounded the TFC keeper. Not sure we were watching the same game.

29 minutes ago, Dode said:
1 hour ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

LTHV keeper didn't have a save to make the whole first half. TFC could of had 3 sent off, the goalie definitely should have had a straight red. That and LTHV almost scored straight from the kickoff when Cummings rounded the TFC keeper. Not sure we were watching the same game.

Take the tinted specks off for a minute! Tynie battered them from start to finish but just couldn’t take their chances. I’m sure both clubs recorded the game also, I look forward to hearing from you after viewing highlights of what was a one sided contest but fair play to LTHV for grinding it out and stealing a draw!

Take the tinted specks off for a minute! Tynie battered them from start to finish but just couldn’t take their chances. I’m sure both clubs recorded the game also, I look forward to hearing from you after viewing highlights of what was a one sided contest but fair play to LTHV for grinding it out and stealing a draw!
Not that I have a skin in the game here, but pretty sure Dode is the guy who does the recording and video editing for Lothian, so it's likely be has very much seen the game back start to finish as you suggest and is making his comment based on that. [emoji846]

19 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

I was there as a neutral. You are talking nonsense. I think if most were asked leaving the ground who they thought deserved to win they may have said Tynie, but they'd give LTHV a huge amount of credit for their never say die attitude, going 3 at the back with 7 minutes to go and sending a C/H upfront. A "battering" is a ridiculous assessment. I've given multiple reasons why a draw was a fair result, yet you've suggested nothing to make me reconsider.

I think all can see who's wearing the "tinted specks" 🤓

7 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

I was there as a neutral. You are talking nonsense. I think if most were asked leaving the ground who they thought deserved to win they may have said Tynie, but they'd give LTHV a huge amount of credit for their never say die attitude, going 3 at the back with 7 minutes to go and sending a C/H upfront. A "battering" is a ridiculous assessment. I've given multiple reasons why a draw was a fair result, yet you've suggested nothing to make me reconsider.

I think all can see who's wearing the "tinted specks" 🤓

Glad you agree most leaving the ground would say Tynie deserved and should have won the match.

I also praised LTHV for grinding out a draw did you miss that part? You can’t deny their keeper kept them in it with multiple saves? 

10 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Glad you agree most leaving the ground would say Tynie deserved and should have won the match.

I also praised LTHV for grinding out a draw did you miss that part? You can’t deny their keeper kept them in it with multiple saves? 

Most leaving "May have said Tynie" - hardly a "battering!"

LTHV keeper did well, but "kept them in it"? No. 

5 hours ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

LTHV physical side without any real stand outs. If they win league will be the worst side to do so in a long time. Wide open though

The above is hardly "praise" is it?

You choose to ignore the LTHV chance after 20 seconds, the sending offs that didn't happen and much more.

Keep working on a Saturday - I'm sure you're adding more value there than here. 

Edited by Passthebaw

2 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

Most leaving "May have said Tynie" - hardly a "battering!"

LTHV keeper did well, but "kept them in it"? No. 

The above is hardly "praise" is it?

You choose to ignore the LTHV chance after 20 seconds, the sending offs that didn't happen and much more.

Keep working on a Saturday - I'm sure you're adding more value there than here. 

When you have nothing left to say - let’s blame the ref!!

2 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

I've given multiple reasons why it wasn't a "battering". If I add in the potential sending offs, LTHV could've won. Never blamed anyone. 

Football game of opinions. I felt Tynie were the much better side, you don’t agree, thats the beauty of the game. Good luck for the rest of the season in what is no doubt a harder league than what Tynie are in.

10 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Football game of opinions. I felt Tynie were the much better side, you don’t agree, thats the beauty of the game. Good luck for the rest of the season in what is no doubt a harder league than what Tynie are in.

A saver of a post if there ever was one!!

Part of the reason that Tynecastle were able to put together such a good run was who they have played so far.  10 of the 14 Conference B games have come against the bottom half clubs.

x2 Arniston Rangers (12th), Easthouses Lily MW (11th), x2 Tweedmouth Rangers (10th). Hawick Royal Albert United (9th), x2 Stirling University EoS (8th), x2 Coldstream (7th).

So it is only going to get harder for them within their own Conference.

Saturday should be a game to watch as it's Leith Athletic v. Tynecastle. I'm sure a lot of Conference A clubs will be hoping that Tynecastle bounce back and win that one.