EoS First Division Conference A

Craigroyston 2-5 Lothian Thistle HV
Haddington Athletic 2-2 Ormiston
Kinnoull P-P Peebles Rovers
Leith Athletic 1-1 Dunipace
Oakley United 2-0 Heriot-Watt University
St Andrews United 4-0 Burntisland Shipyard

image.png.08718aa6320e360ec0e55680998c61b4.png

Leith and Dunipace play out a draw, and Heriot-Watt drops all 3 points. That allows St Andrews, Oakley and LTHV to gain ground on the promotion spots.

EoS First Division Conference A
Craigroyston 2-5 Lothian Thistle HV
Haddington Athletic 2-2 Ormiston
Kinnoull P-P Peebles Rovers
Leith Athletic 1-1 Dunipace
Oakley United 2-0 Heriot-Watt University
St Andrews United 4-0 Burntisland Shipyard
image.png.08718aa6320e360ec0e55680998c61b4.png
Leith and Dunipace play out a draw, and Heriot-Watt drops all 3 points. That allows St Andrews, Oakley and LTHV to gain ground on the promotion spots.
Two good teams at Leith, but a game spoiled unfortunately. Hardly a bad tackle in the game = 15 yellows, 2 reds and a volunteer linesman sent off for not being on the teamlines.

You know it's been one of those games when both teams come off together, joking with each other in disbelief at what they just witnessed. [emoji85]

53 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Two good teams at Leith, but a game spoiled unfortunately. Hardly a bad tackle in the game = 15 yellows, 2 reds and a volunteer linesman sent off for not being on the teamlines.

You know it's been one of those games when both teams come off together, joking with each other in disbelief at what they just witnessed. emoji85.png

Just checked who ref was. Can see why so many cards. He is  little hitler totally unapproachable

20 hours ago, gaz5 said:

You know it's been one of those games when both teams come off together, joking with each other in disbelief at what they just witnessed. emoji85.png

watched this one yesterday this is the worst ref I have ever seen in all my time watching football he made it all about him

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B

Burntisland Shipyard 1-4 Preston Athletic
Craigroyston 1-4 Dalkeith Thistle
Dunipace 8-1 Easthouses Lily MW
Haddington Athletic 6-0 Stirling University (EoS)
Heriot-Watt University 1-3 Tynecastle
Kinnoull 3-0 Coldstream
Leith Athletic 3-2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Lothian Thistle HV 4-2 Glenrothes
Ormiston 1-1 Tweedmouth Rangers
Peebles Rovers 1-0 Arniston Rangers
St Andrews United 4-2 Hawick Royal Albert United

image.png.ab4f753c6913531f0671d4203297cbfd.png

Dunipace climb into a potential promotion spot with a high scoring win over Easthouses.

Edited by FairWeatherFan
edited to order scores

Took in Ormiston v Tweedmouth today. Enjoyable game in what was pretty horrible conditions. Tweedmouth miles the better and should have won. Should have won by a considerable margin really. But just couldn't get a second. Their centre half could have had a hat-trick but squandered three unmarked headers. 

Was a bit disappointed with the set up at Ormiston. Nobody taking entry fees when you walked in. The toilet was shut. No hot food for sale. And a rather grumpy individual (wearing an Ormiston jacket) behind the goal who gave my 5 year old son a ticking off, just after he'd ran 50 yards to retrieve the match ball.  My only visit there, so maybe not always like that, but feels like they could be a bit more welcoming. Perhaps reflected by the poor attendance (I'm convinced there wasn't anyone there supporting Ormiston). Hope I'm wrong on that front however. 

There was hot food for sale in the pavilion. The pie hut had an electrical problem so moved it inside. I also used the toilet just inside the pavilion which was open before the game and during it. On a day like today the committee decided to let people in for free as a thanks for turning out in horrible weather. I enjoyed my hot pie and coffee during the game.
As for the game i agree that Tweedmouth should have won the game and Ormiston played poor especially after last weeks performance.
Hopefully if you return to take in a match you will find the facilities next time.

1 hour ago, ormistonforever said:

There was hot food for sale in the pavilion. The pie hut had an electrical problem so moved it inside. I also used the toilet just inside the pavilion which was open before the game and during it. On a day like today the committee decided to let people in for free as a thanks for turning out in horrible weather. I enjoyed my hot pie and coffee during the game.
As for the game i agree that Tweedmouth should have won the game and Ormiston played poor especially after last weeks performance.
Hopefully if you return to take in a match you will find the facilities next time.

Hi. Wasn't a dig at your club, merely commenting on the day that we experienced. Letting those in attendance in for free (which obviously I hadn't realised) is nice touch. 

So is the portakabin, that today seemed out of commission owing to an electrical fault, where the pie hut is usually sited? 

4 hours ago, Steven W said:

Hi. Wasn't a dig at your club, merely commenting on the day that we experienced. Letting those in attendance in for free (which obviously I hadn't realised) is nice touch. 

So is the portakabin, that today seemed out of commission owing to an electrical fault, where the pie hut is usually sited? 

orm7.thumb.jpg.54b0b5311ea1c38065c43aadccc5c2b0.jpg

The pie hut is in this battered looking tin shed. There was a nice old lady serving when I visited earlier in the season. 

First visit to Dunipace today since my time on the committee almost 20 years ago. Quite a change at Westfield and the 8-1 victory didn’t flatter the team either.
Only disappointment was the sparse crowd, the guys putting the effort into the club deserve a bit more support from the town.

11 hours ago, ormistonforever said:

See as a suggestion could you at least put a sign or something on the pavilion door to say there’s hot food inside? I could’ve done with something yesterday, but didn’t realise there was stuff inside.

11 hours ago, Steven W said:

Took in Ormiston v Tweedmouth today. Enjoyable game in what was pretty horrible conditions. Tweedmouth miles the better and should have won. Should have won by a considerable margin really. But just couldn't get a second. Their centre half could have had a hat-trick but squandered three unmarked headers. 

Was a bit disappointed with the set up at Ormiston. Nobody taking entry fees when you walked in. The toilet was shut. No hot food for sale. And a rather grumpy individual (wearing an Ormiston jacket) behind the goal who gave my 5 year old son a ticking off, just after he'd ran 50 yards to retrieve the match ball.  My only visit there, so maybe not always like that, but feels like they could be a bit more welcoming. Perhaps reflected by the poor attendance (I'm convinced there wasn't anyone there supporting Ormiston). Hope I'm wrong on that front however. 

I pretty much agree with you on respect to the match itself - the match was decent in what was horrific conditions, particularly the second half. We only got a point yesterday because Kieran made some fantastic saves in the second half.

Hopefully if you come back you’ll have a better experience as yesterday wasn’t like a normal match day. 

There were a 5 or 6 Ormiston supporters there but with my headcount of 23 - at the most - it was definitely a lot quieter than usual. 

On 24/11/2019 at 07:51, Ormi said:

See as a suggestion could you at least put a sign or something on the pavilion door to say there’s hot food inside? I could’ve done with something yesterday, but didn’t realise there was stuff inside.

I pretty much agree with you on respect to the match itself - the match was decent in what was horrific conditions, particularly the second half. We only got a point yesterday because Kieran made some fantastic saves in the second half.

Hopefully if you come back you’ll have a better experience as yesterday wasn’t like a normal match day. 

There were a 5 or 6 Ormiston supporters there but with my headcount of 23 - at the most - it was definitely a lot quieter than usual. 

I had similar thoughts regarding a sign (likewise the toilets) - wouldn't take much.

Glad to hear there was at least a smattering of Ormiston supporters. I genuinely thought there was zero.

• 2 weeks later...

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf B v. Conf A

Arniston Rangers 1-3 Leith Athletic
Coldstream 0-2 Haddington Athletic
Dalkeith Thistle 0-2 Lothian Thistle HV
Easthouses Lily MW 2-6 Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh United 6-0 Ormiston
Glenrothes 5-2 Craigroyston
Hawick Royal Albert United P-P Burntisland Shipyard
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 5-1 Peebles Rovers
Preston Athletic A-A St Andrews United
Stirling University (EoS) 1-5 Dunipace
Tynecastle 2-1 Kinnoull

image.png.fca37f20503a89e8787369a756cd6801.png

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B

Craigroyston 1-7 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dunipace 0-2 Glenrothes
Haddington Athletic 4-0 Tweedmouth Rangers
Heriot-Watt University 2-3 Preston Athletic
Kinnoull 2-0 Hawick Royal Albert United
Leith Athletic 2-0 Dalkeith Thistle
Lothian Thistle HV 0-3 Edinburgh United
Oakley United 0-3 Coldstream
St Andrews United 5-1 Arniston Rangers

image.png.0d3ed5138da861acf1ed395ce0562360.png

Using this thread as doesn't seem to be an overall First Division one.

Division effectively coalesces into 6 mini-leagues for the next month as it's  "derby time". Mixture of Conference A, B and Inter-Conference matches.

Be interesting to see which clubs emerge as local top-dogs:

Borders
Dec 28th     Hawick v Tweedmouth (B), Peebles v Coldstream (IC)
Jan 4th        Coldstream v Tweedmouth (B), Peebles v Hawick (IC)
Jan 11th     Hawick v Coldstream (B), Tweedmouth v Peebles (IC)

East Lothian
Dec 21st     Dunipace v Ormiston (A)
Dec 28th     Haddington v Preston (IC)
Jan 4th        Dunipace v Haddington (A), Ormiston v Preston (IC)
Jan 11th      Ormiston v Haddington (A), Preston v Dunipace (IC)

Edinburgh
Dec 28th     Craigroyston v Tynecastle (IC), LTHV v Leith (A)
Jan 4th        Craigroyston v Leith (A), Tynecastle v LTHV (IC)
Jan 11th     Leith v Tynecastle (IC), LTHV v Craigroyston (A)

Midlothian
Dec 28th     Arniston v Edinburgh Utd (B), Easthouses v Dalkeith (B)
Jan 4th        Easthouses v Dalkeith (B), Edinburgh Utd v Arniston (B)
Jan 11th      Arniston v Easthouses (B), Dalkeith v Edinburgh Utd (B)

Fife
Dec 28th     Glenrothes v Inverkeithing (B), Oakley v Burntisland (A)
Jan 4th        Glenrothes v Burntisland (IC), Inverkeithing v Oakley (IC)
Jan 11th     Burntisland v Inverkeithing (IC), Oakley v Glenrothes (B)

North/Academic
Dec 21st     Heriot-Watt Uni v Stirling Uni EOS (IC)
Dec 28th     Heriot-Watt Uni v St Andrews (A), Stirling Uni EOS v Kinnoull (IC)
Jan 4th        St Andrews v Kinnoull (A)
Jan 11th     Kinnoull v Heriot-Watt Uni (A), Stirling Uni EOS v St Andrews (IC)