EoS Conference A Thread 2019-20

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Doesn’t matter, still 3 points each. Remind me never to bet on any of your games though... worse than Dalkeith at trying to predict what sort of team will show up 🙄😂

We've been fairly predictable recently, losing every game. However we have played well against the likes of Dunbar and Leith but have struggled to score. I wasn't at today's game but I believe both our strikers scored twice which may mean we've turned the corner🤞

It was a frustrating game for Ormiston on Saturday. They were 1-0 down but in the game for most of the first half - 5 minutes before half-time they commit one of the silliest red cards I’ve seen, and then have to play an hour with 10 men. In the 5 minutes after the red card they then conceded 3 goals and went in 4-0 at half-time. That killed the second half, but the 6-2 score line doesn’t truly reflect how the game was - it was a much better performance than the last few weeks. (Apart from beating Dumfries YMCA 6-1)

EoS First Division Conference A

Burntisland Shipyard 7-0 Craigroyston
Haddington Athletic A-A Kinnoull (serious injury)
Oakley United 1-1 Lothian Thistle HV
Peebles Rovers P-P St Andrews United
Heriot-Watt University 0-3 Dunipace
Leith Athletic 4-0 Ormiston

image.png.a48f5b584f6dc837568c5880d0a9735b.png

Unfortunately the Haddington v. Kinnoull game had to be abandoned after Kinnoull's goalkeeper Jordan Kinnon dislocated his knee. It took 95 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. Wish him well for his recovery.

Great result for LTHV tonight and most welcome for the chasers.

Although it was a decent game at Oakley on Saturday I wasn't overly impressed with LTHV. When we played them in August neither team created many chances, Lothian Thistle took one of the few they had and won 1-0.

EoS First Division Conference A

Craigroyston 1-4 St Andrews United
Dunipace 1-1 Lothian Thistle HV
Kinnoull 1-2 Burntisland Shipyard
Leith Athletic 1-0 Heriot-Watt University
Oakley United 1-2 Haddington Athletic
Ormiston 4-0 Peebles Rovers

image.png.b5a41b91def6a4d4fe72dba98bf7b8c4.png

Burntisland with a bit of an upset away to Kinnoull.

No-one mentions Haddington... but after a bad start they've been solidly top 3 or 4, now 2nd with 1 game-in-hand.

Of course a lot will be shaken up when the Inter Conference games start in 3 weeks and run onto February. Top ends will face-off and some clubs will harvest more points than their rivals.

15 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

No-one mentions Haddington... but after a bad start they've been solidly top 3 or 4, now 2nd with 1 game-in-hand.

Of course a lot will be shaken up when the Inter Conference games start in 3 weeks and run onto February. Top ends will face-off and some clubs will harvest more points than their rivals.

Can someone explain what the Inter Conference set-up is please, and why?