Jump to content
Burnie_man

EoS Conference A Thread 2019-20

Recommended Posts

If I see a worse team than Peebles this season I'll eat my hat,

 

3-0 going on six after 20 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If I see a worse team than Peebles this season I'll eat my hat,
 
3-0 going on six after 20 minutes
Craigsroyston?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drs said:

If I see a worse team than Peebles this season I'll eat my hat,

 

3-0 going on six after 20 minutes

I saw Peebles play Penicuik 4 times last year and whilst they were all convincing wins, Peebles competed and made us work hard.  I then saw them play Haddington at the start of this year and they were a shadow of last years team. Less fit in particular.  Not sure what’s happened. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If I see a worse team than Peebles this season I'll eat my hat,
 
3-0 going on six after 20 minutes
Give a bit of credit to their opponents no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLad said:
3 hours ago, drs said:
If I see a worse team than Peebles this season I'll eat my hat,
 
3-0 going on six after 20 minutes

Craigsroyston?

Unbelievable, go 1 nil up and just capitulated.

Nae good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, drs said:

3-0 going on six after 20 minutes

Yet Dunipace only won 5-0 after 90.  Does that say something negative about them?

Show some respect to a team who are trying to hang in there every week.  Teams like Craigroyston and Peebles make the leagues what they are.  East of Scotland football stepped up massively in quality lately and there will be humpings and bright moments for a lot of teams like Peebles.

If they keep plugging away then fair play to them.  Others haven't survived which is a pity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you at the game caller? 

It would be disrespectful to say anything other than Peebles were shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, drs said:

Were you at the game caller? 

It would be disrespectful to say anything other than Peebles were shocking.

Very hard for teams with 0 budget, and who are just self sustainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Were you at the game caller? 
It would be disrespectful to say anything other than Peebles were shocking.
Peebles tried to get the ball out from the back and play at the start of the game, then mixed it a bit after going 3 down and were a bit naughty with certain elements of their game, but that happens in football sometimes.

I think though it would be unfair on Dunipace not to mention how well they played for the majority of the game barring two 5 to 10 minute spells in both halves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS First Division Conference A

Craigroyston 1-8 Haddington Athletic
Oakley United 0-1 Kinnoull
Dunipace 5-0 Peebles Rovers

image.png.5ce266a1b3f4f063fb5e260171355937.png

 

FairWeatherFan you do great work with these tables 👍 will you be or will you be able to make a table with the teams from A & B for when they play agaisnt each other ? Think it would be interseting to see how that would end up as I believe A may be slightly stronger and would be able to see from that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krul and The Gang said:

FairWeatherFan you do great work with these tables 👍 will you be or will you be able to make a table with the teams from A & B for when they play agaisnt each other ? Think it would be interseting to see how that would end up as I believe A may be slightly stronger and would be able to see from that ?

Thanks!

I had thought about keeping an overall table once the inter conference games began as its easy enough to keep track. After all your just combining the two tables.

One purely for inter conference games I hadn't really thought about. I might give it a go. 

I'm sure with bragging rights on the line we'll know which Is the more successful conference as we go along. There was that initial attempt at recording original EoS clubs v Juniors until it became a bit obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Thanks!

I had thought about keeping an overall table once the inter conference games began as its easy enough to keep track. After all your just combining the two tables.

That should keep most people happy.

Just happened to have a squint at non league matters last week and they’ve attempted a solution which might appeal to the sort of earnest plodding groundhoppers that hang around there 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of interest has a 'conference system' such as this been seen in British senior football before, or is it breaking new ground?

At the Linlithgow v Jeanfield groundhop game in March a hopper was asking people about the arrangements for this season - it was still unconfirmed in detail at the time - and noted that there was a consolation cup way down the English pyramid which featured groups of 4: but you only played the adjacent group (2 H & 2 A)... Inter-conference games proper drew a blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2019 at 03:42, patriot1 said:

I thought we created more chances and hit the woodwork twice to their once. It would be interesting to see the Opta stats lol. Despite the Ormiston result we're really struggling to score but we played the right way tonight.

Great start to the season for Leith. Now if only they could get their dressing rooms sorted!!

 

 

 

Wee bit harsh on the dressing room front chief.  Assume you're referring to half-time & the late opening which was embarassing to be fair but looks like it was down to a misunderstanging on the Peffermill groundstaff's part.  They were ready to open the dressing rooms at the appointed time (locked during play for obvious reasons) but when nobody appeared after circa 10mns or so they assumed, wrongly, that the teams/ref had elected to stay at the pitch & opted for a quick turnaround with it being an evening KO.   The reason for the 10 minutes or so "gap" was partly due to the slightly delayed KO (circa 5mns) owing to late arrival of some of the visiting team (understandable with traffic at the bridge & in the city at the best of times - daft to have teams travelling long distance midweek) & partly due to the 5mns delay owing to serious injury to the Leith keeper inside the first minute after being clattered (think it was same player who picked up a yellow in 2nd half for same thing on sub keeper!).  Keeper eventually taken to hospital with serious shoulder injury).   Stats?  Scourge of the modern game - along with likes of term "project" & VAR.  Yip, I'm a grumpy auld git & fitba traditionalist. Only one stat that counts - number of baws in the back of the net!    That said, fully accept St Andrews played VERY well on the night, put Leith on the backfoot for long spells & will understandably be a wee bit peeved that they didn't get at least a draw on the night.  But that's fitba.  Leith dug in deep & defended well (aye with the help of the woodwork a couple of times) but went close more than once, woodwork included, to a second goal.  Great game to watch. Total commitment from two good sides who both look likely to be in the mix for the key top two spots as a long season progresses.  Fully accept it is our responsibility, even as tenants, to ensure that everything is in order (dressing rooms, pitch, etc) on a matchday but sometimes circumstances just go against every effort to get it right (I'd be tearing my hair oot if I had any left!) but I apologised to a Saints official on the night & happy to do so again here.

Edited by Boris57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boris57 said:

Wee bit harsh on the dressing room front chief.  Assume you're referring to half-time & the late opening which was embarassing to be fair but looks like it was down to a misunderstanging on the Peffermill groundstaff's part.  They were ready to open the dressing rooms at the appointed time (locked during play for obvious reasons) but when nobody appeared after circa 10mns or so they assumed, wrongly, that the teams/ref had elected to stay at the pitch & opted for a quick turnaround with it being an evening KO.   The reason for the 10 minutes or so "gap" was partly due to the slightly delayed KO (circa 5mns) owing to late arrival of some of the visiting team (understandable with traffic at the bridge & in the city at the best of times - daft to have teams travelling long distance midweek) & partly due to the 5mns delay owing to serious injury to the Leith keeper inside the first minute after being clattered (think it was same player who picked up a yellow in 2nd half for same thing on sub keeper!).  Keeper eventually taken to hospital with serious shoulder injury).   Stats?  Scourge of the modern game - along with likes of term "project" & VAR.  Yip, I'm a grumpy auld git & fitba traditionalist. Only one stat that counts - number of baws in the back of the net!    That said, fully accept St Andrews played VERY well on the night, put Leith on the backfoot for long spells & will understandably be a wee bit peeved that they didn't get at least a draw on the night.  But that's fitba.  Leith dug in deep & defended well (aye with the help of the woodwork a couple of times) but went close more than once, woodwork included, to a second goal.  Great game to watch. Total commitment from two good sides who both look likely to be in the mix for the key top two spots as a long season progresses.  Fully accept it is our responsibility, even as tenants, to ensure that everything is in order (dressing rooms, pitch, etc) on a matchday but sometimes circumstances just go against every effort to get it right (I'd be tearing my hair oot if I had any left!) but I apologised to a Saints official on the night & happy to do so again here.

No need for a public apology. I understand when you don't have your own ground you are at the mercy of your landlords. I'm surprised though that you aren't given the keys for the dressing rooms especially as you had the same issue with the match officials changing room at full time.

We haven't had much luck with Peffermill. Last year against Peebles on a warm day in July we had to have our team talk outside as they couldn't turn the heating down. Hopefully when we visit Leith in the Premier next season all will run like clockwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craigroyston manager resigns after loss to glenrothes.

Quite simply, the gulf between the have and have nots is getting too big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pele10 said:


Quite simply, the gulf between the have and have nots is getting too big.

Wish I knew what that meant.

Very long road ahead for craigy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...