EoS Conference A Thread 2019-20

Does this really matter at the end of the day? Teams from each conference have beat each other. Each conference has its strong teams and its perceived weaker sides. That all means little if the good team doesn't turn up on a Saturday and the weaker side does.

Being honest lads I just asked the question why passthebaw thought the runner up in A would cruise by conference B I thought I would get a decent response/debate back When he came back with the ridiculous well Leith and LTHV drew with Tyncastle I couldn’t help myself

I’m no really fussy what League’s better I think the top 6 of both leagues are tight and competitive and everyone can beat everyone except the amazing season Tyncastle are having up till now

Hopefully we get a division 1 next year as i think it would be a cracker

8 minutes ago, Anychance said:

Being honest lads I just asked the question why passthebaw thought the runner up in A would cruise by conference B I thought I would get a decent response/debate back When he came back with the ridiculous well Leith and LTHV drew with Tyncastle I couldn’t help myself

I’m no really fussy what League’s better I think the top 6 of both leagues are tight and competitive and everyone can beat everyone except the amazing season Tyncastle are having up till now

Hopefully we get a division 1 next year as i think it would be a cracker

You still rabbitying on? Still biting? 😁

Here's the thing. I gave an opinion here and justified more than you suggested above. I thought that's what these forums were about and more?

I'm a footy fan - not a LTHV or Leith fan and I gave an opinion. I get to a few games. I gave my opinion based on what I've seen. You're entitled to disagree with it........but it seems when you do you get nippy. 

Last word on it. We'll revisit it at the end of the season if you wish. Until then, enjoy your footy. 

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

St Andrews has decided to go public their with choices in the plebiscite over set-up of EOSL lower levels going forward.

They plumped for a Second Division, and for it to start next season:

https://teamwebsites.co.uk/clubs/standrewsunited/league-structure-for-season-2020-21/

Is there a deadline for when clubs have to get back on this topic?

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf B v. Conf A

Hawick Royal Albert United 2-2 Burntisland Shipyard

EoS First Division Conference A Games Points   Pts P/G Max Pts
1 Lothian Thistle HV 23 51   2.22 84
2 Leith Athletic 23 50   2.17 83
3 Dunipace 24 48   2.00 78
4 Heriot-Watt University 23 40   1.74 73
5 Haddington Athletic 22 38   1.73 74
6 Kinnoull 16 37   2.31 91
7 St Andrews United 22 35   1.59 71
8 Oakley United 19 28   1.47 73
9 Burntisland Shipyard 19 26   1.37 71
10 Ormiston 19 13   0.68 58
11 Peebles Rovers 20 8   0.40 50
12 Craigroyston 24 3   0.13 33

21 minutes ago, junglehenry said:

2 penalties, not ideal that easthouses didn't have 'half' of the park to warm-up due to Livi ladies being on the park until 8pm with a 8.05 kick off?

1-0 at half-time to Easthouses games are won over 90 tho.

Sounds like a cuffing!

EoS First Division Conference A

Craigroyston 2-6 Burntisland Shipyard
Haddington Atheltic 4-2 Heriot-Watt University
Leith Athletic 0-1 Oakley United

image.png.8dca5e31a45284091619b3e24f177e7d.png

Burntisland's game finished early and looked like they could overtake Fife rivals Oakley. Oakley had other ideas and got the win away to league leaders Leith.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Kinnoull charged with playing Rhys Davies v Arniston on February 8th while suspended:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Clear as day in the suspension list, must not have bothered to check - points deduction incoming? https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6016/los31-06-february-2020.pdf

Clear as day in the suspension list, must not have bothered to check - points deduction incoming? https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6016/los31-06-february-2020.pdf
Would think so. Arniston and Sauchie have both been deducted points this season for the same offence I think.

If that's the case, with Oakley's result today, this conference could be tighter than a gnats bum cheeks in the last few months. Kinnoull and Oakley with games in hand and the top 3 separated by little already.

Bad result for Leith which will given renewed optimism to both LTHV and Dunipace.

Kinnoull meanwhile must play half a season's worth of league games in ~11 weeks, and may be facing 3pts deduction, as was earlier applied to Arniston (ironically enough) and Sauchie.

They've still considerable headroom but pressure of games and disciplinary process could reduce it.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Kinnoull meanwhile must play half a season's worth of league games in ~11 weeks,

Nonleaguescotland says they have lights but I've not seen them down to play a midweek game - are their lights up to standard?