EoS Conference A Thread 2019-20

8 hours ago, junglehenry said:

Some of the worst refereeing I have seen at EOS level... Never a penalty which the keeper duly saved. Never a red card for Lothian, nor was the red for houses either.

Easthouses keeper had a great game.

Harsh on the ref. I didn't think the ref had a great game, however the pressure and abuse from both benches, particularly Easthouses was brutal. I hear it most weeks. No refs = no games. He tried to keep up with play but did get a couple decisions wrong imho. 

Another observation was how many personnel Easthouses had at their bench. At one point I counted over 20 - some may have been supporters. The ref would have been even more unpopular if he'd addressed that.

Edited by Passthebaw

I think it's between those 3 and that's the order i think the Top 3 will finish. 
I wouldn't write of any of the others in the top 6 at this stage. There is still plenty of football left to play this season, there will be points dropped. It is making for an exciting run in though.

10 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Harsh on the ref. I didn't think the ref had a great game, however the pressure and abuse from both benches, particularly Easthouses was brutal. I hear it most weeks. No refs = no games. He tried to keep up with play but did get a couple decisions wrong imho. 

Another observation was how many personnel Easthouses had at their bench. At one point I counted over 20 - some may have been supporters. The ref would have been even more unpopular if he'd addressed that.

He was very suspect, booked an Easthouses player and in brandishing the yellow and raising it he goes '' there you go bang '' and then tranced off. I was confused at that. Maybe need's someone from the SFA to go over his performance.

Also, was going to report Easthouses pre-match as goalkeeper had black socks on, I was of the illusion it would be the home team who changed?

It's done now, on that performance I cannot see Lothian challenging for the title. Although it was a very good battling performance from both sides on a very very bobbly park.

Now that Oakley have sorted the shambles they created and done the right thing and brought the manager back they will finish high up the league

How much steam will kinnoull have to continue the form if they pick up injuries and suspensions

Dunipace annoy me I think they are the best team I’ve played in the league but seem to chuck it now and again

Another disappointing season for St. Andrews although not over but spent big and pay decent wages to finish 6/5 or below I predict is poor

Dunipace annoys ourselves as well......[emoji2957]

Winning is as much a habit as losing is...the lads don't chuck it they simply have off days. Happens more than we have liked this year.

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf B v. Conf A

Coldstream 1-0 Heriot-Watt University
Dalkeith Thistle 3-2 Oakley United
Edinburgh United 10-0 Craigroyston
Glenrothes 3-2 Haddington Athletic
Hawick Royal Albert United 3-4 Ormiston
Preston Athletic 2-3 Lothian Thistle HV
Stirling University (EoS) 5-0 Peebles Rovers
Tweedmouth Rangers 2-3 Dunipace

image.png.dfda9cf393f1bd22497ae5348b65d680.png

Dunipace and LTHV had to survive some scares to claim their wins on the road. LTHV topple Leith Athletic to take 1st place and Dunipace are only 3 points behind.

Was lucky enough to take in Tweedmouth v Dunipace today which was an absolute thriller, where defences most definitely were not on top. Well worth the entry fee in a great setting (which takes me to 30 EOS conference games and 24 grounds this season) , can’t argue at £1.20 per goal. 

Was pretty surprised after speaking to an older gentleman midway through the second half to find put Tweedmouth are struggling for mid table in conference B, and Dunipace (who I’ve seen once this season already vs Oakley where they were beaten 2-1) are closing in on the promotion/ playoff spots in conference A as there was very little between the sides, Dunipace did slightly edge it on the day although nobody could have argued had it ended a draw. I’ve seen Dunipace have had some cracking results by 5/6/7 at home so today must have just been an off day for them, which is disappointing as in my 2 visits to their matches this season I’ve yet to see them in full swing. 

Edited by Hopper26

It has very much been that kind of season for us this year at Dunipace. Today we didn't play well 1st half, we worked harder 2nd half and created some good chances scoring some important goals in the process. That being said though we were maybe fortunate not to have 3 against in the 1st half as their goal that was chalked off was not as offside as the referee felt it was.

You have most definitely not caught us on our better days, however to win and challenge at the top end of the league, you must win points even when you aren't maybe as fluid in possession as you would like.

Another big 3 points for us, away from home. It is getting tight at the top and realistically every team will likely drop points between now and the seasons end. Makes it exciting for everyone I guess.

Shout out for tweedmouths surface today, which was excellent and held up well to the conditions. The slope is tricky to play on but thankfully we got 3pts which matters the most.

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B

Burntisland Shipyard 5-1 Tweedmouth Rangers
Craigroyston 1-1 Preston Athletic
Dunipace 2-0 Edinburgh United
Haddington Athletic 4-2 Dalkeith Thistle
Heriot-Watt University 1-2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Kinnoull 7-0 Arniston Rangers
Leith Athletic 3-1 Stirling University (EoS)
Lothian Thistle HV 6-1 Hawick Royal Albert United
Oakley United 0-1 Easthouses Lily MW
Peebles Rovers 0-1 Glenrothes
St Andrews United 1-3 Coldstream

image.png.64681574ccab6d79f70334e4da86dbd6.png

LTHV, Leith, and Dunipace all win to keep the battle at the top unpredictable. With dark horse Kinnoull breaking into the Top 6 for the first time in a while.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B
Burntisland Shipyard 5-1 Tweedmouth Rangers
Craigroyston 1-1 Preston Athletic
Dunipace 2-0 Edinburgh United
Haddington Athletic 4-2 Dalkeith Thistle
Heriot-Watt University 1-2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Kinnoull 7-0 Arniston Rangers
Leith Athletic 3-1 Stirling University (EoS)
Lothian Thistle HV 6-1 Hawick Royal Albert United
Oakley United 0-1 Easthouses Lily MW
Peebles Rovers 0-1 Glenrothes
St Andrews United 1-3 Coldstream
image.png.64681574ccab6d79f70334e4da86dbd6.png
LTHV, Leith, and Dunipace all win to keep the battle at the top unpredictable. With dark horse Kinnoull breaking into the Top 6 for the first time in a while.

Good point for Craigroyston as well under new management

St Andrews and Heriot-Watt Uni continue to falter, Haddington get back on the horse but have maybe got too much to do, the top 3 bank another 3pts, and Kinnoull continue their march upward from back-marker territory.

Looks like there are really 2 races on the go now: the top 3 with their last 10/11 games aiming for top or failing that the playoff slot; and Kinnoull with their last 18 games going for 'who can tell what' quite frankly.

No action of consequence next week for King Cup.

It's all shaping up to be an interesting run in. The top 3 are continuing to pick up points but there are still a few twists and turns left I suspect.

The bizarre thing about this conference is most of the teams from 1st to 8th/9th can take points off of one another on any given day, such is the strength of the teams.

6 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Tipped Kinnoull away back in July so duty bound to stick with them through their Bonnyriggesque fixture schedule 😉

I believe they don't have floodlights? That's a lot of fixtures in a short space of weeks! Definitely between LTHV, Leith & Kinnoul, and whoever finishes 2nd will fancy beating the runners-up in the "B" to get to the Premier League. 

Edited by Passthebaw

9 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Tipped Kinnoull away back in July so duty bound to stick with them through their Bonnyriggesque fixture schedule 😉

At least they've got a later finishing date in the first division - but I make it four midweek games they'll need to play (17 remaining, 12 still to be scheduled and only 8 Saturdays left free). That's assuming they go out of the two cups at the first hurdle.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Passthebaw said:

I believe they don't have floodlights? That's a lot of fixtures in a short space of weeks! Definitely between LTHV, Leith & Kinnoul, and whoever finishes 2nd will fancy beating the runners-up in the "B" to get to the Premier League. 

Yip, no lights, hence a slog like Bonnyrigg last year.

22 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

At least they've got a later finishing date in the first division - but I make it four midweek games they'll need to play (17 remaining, 12 still to be scheduled and only 8 Saturdays left free). That's assuming they go out of the two cups at the first hurdle.

11 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Yip, no lights, hence a slog like Bonnyrigg last year.

Remember the First Division doesn't finish until May 16th.

As it stands Kinnoull have 18 league games and King Cup tie at Stirling Uni EOS to play in 14 weeks: an excess of 5. (League Cup tie at Dunipace is midweek in mid-March).

They also have an away league game at Dunipace which could be held by floodlight and there are 7 midweeks after the clocks go forward.

So on paper they've 3 midweeks to spare just now.

It'll hinge on whether they suffer more postponements or progress in cups (and who they draw).

17 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

I believe they don't have floodlights? That's a lot of fixtures in a short space of weeks! Definitely between LTHV, Leith & Kinnoul, and whoever's finished 2nd will fancy beating the runners-up in the "B" to get to the Premier League. 

Remember scenarios like Kelty up/Brechin down or Bo'ness up/Dalbeattie down on May 16th could see no playoff on May 23rd & 30th... with both runners-up promoted automatically.

I'd disagree, there is lots of football still to play. All the teams in the top 3 plus kinnoul will likely drop points as they have most of the other top 9 still to play. There will be twists and turns no doubt over the next 12 weeks or so. A very strong conference this season nonetheless.

Remember scenarios like Kelty up/Brechin down or Bo'ness up/Dalbeattie down on May 16th could see no playoff on May 23rd & 30th... with both runners-up promoted automatically.
Hopefully not a midweek game at Dunipace. We've had quite a few already this season on account of being one of the few with lights. Would rather play out our league games on Saturdays wherever possible, given we've plenty of weeks left to do so.