EoS Conference A Thread 2019-20

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Part of the reason that Tynecastle were able to put together such a good run was who they have played so far.  10 of the 14 Conference B games have come against the bottom half clubs.

x2 Arniston Rangers (12th), Easthouses Lily MW (11th), x2 Tweedmouth Rangers (10th). Hawick Royal Albert United (9th), x2 Stirling University EoS (8th), x2 Coldstream (7th).

So it is only going to get harder for them within their own Conference.

Saturday should be a game to watch as it's Leith Athletic v. Tynecastle. I'm sure a lot of Conference A clubs will be hoping that Tynecastle bounce back and win that one.

Interesting theory.

I think the plastic pitch at Peffermill could be a leveller but expect Tynie to win by a couple on Saturday. 

EoS First Division Conference A

Lothian Thistle HV 4-1 Craigroyston

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf A v. Conf B

Leith Athletic 0-0 Tynecastle

EoS First Division Inter-Conference: Conf B v. Conf A

Tweedmouth Rangers 6-1 Peebles Rovers

image.png.bc5e6c86eed098eea17008d0ed032bac.png

The draw between Leith and Tynecastle in the battle of the Conference leaders is actually quite impressive when you find out that Leith played 40+ minuts of the 2nd half with 10 men after a sending off.

It's a point that could prove precious in the race for the Conference championship as elsewhere LTHV climb to third. LTHV only miss out on 2nd due to Dunipace's superior goal difference.

St Andrews United 3-3 Leith Athletic

Craigroyston 2-5 Stirling University (EoS)
Dunipace 2-0 Hawick Royal Albert United

Easthouses Lily MW 2-4 Ormiston
Edinburgh United 3-3 Burntisland Shipyard
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 0-3 Lothian Thistle HV
Tynecastle 10-3 Oakley United

image.png.54abf20da9a0676fa5861b775c563754.png

It's getting very tight at the top now. Dunipace and LTHV are now within 2 points of Leith thanks to their wins today and Leith's draw against St Andrews

St Andrews put in possibly their best performance of the season in what was a superb game of football. A Kyle Wilson goal with a couple of minutes to go looked to have given Saints a huge win only for Leith to score with a deflected shot deep into injury time. 

Two and a half hours after it all finished  and I'm still gutted. 

If you corrected the games-in-hand at an average 2pts-per game you'd have Leith 44pts, LTHV 44pts, Dunipace 42pts, HW Uni 39pts, Haddington 39pts. That's mad. St Andrews back on 36pts.

Kinnoull look like the big unknown here. On paper their games-in-hand could put them 8pts clear: and they've the best points-per-game of anyone so far. Can they go on a winning streak sufficient to overtake everyone?

For me hibbee if they do they deserve their place. Catching up on that amount of games is no easy task, given it'll probably be sat, Mon, Wed, sat towards the end of the season for them.

It's all getting very tight and exciting. Any team from 7 could make the top 2 at this point. A very tight conference.

Burntisland Shipyard 3-0 Dunipace
Haddington Athletic 1-2 St Andrews United
Leith Athletic 5-0 Peebles Rovers

Craigroyston 0-4 Tweedmouth Rangers
Lothian Thistle HV 1-0 Easthouses Lily MW
Kinnoull 4-0 Edinburgh United
Oakley United 5-0 Hawick Royal Albert United
Ormiston 0-3 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

Arniston Rangers 1-3 Heriot-Watt University

image.png.0663fa9070ef688d5858ce7265b69d6e.png

1 hour ago, lowenan said:

LTHV really closing in on a top finish to the season now.

Good win for LTHV today when down to ten men for the last 30 minutes. Not their best performance but the result was the most important thing. 

Easthouses done well, and played with a lot of desire belying their lowly position in Div B.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sore loss for Dunipace.

Remarkable to note that everyone in top 7 except Kinnoull is now past 20 game mark: and all in contention. Fair City dwellers now only 11pts off 2nd with 6 games-in-hand.

Think it's now between LTHV, Kinnoul & Leith in that order. 

27 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

Think it's now between LTHV, Kinnoul & Leith in that order. 

So LTHV have won the conference!?

I say it like that as you have LothianThistle first in your list, yet Leith are currently at the top of the conference? 

41 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

So LTHV have won the conference!?

I say it like that as you have LothianThistle first in your list, yet Leith are currently at the top of the conference? 

I think it's between those 3 and that's the order i think the Top 3 will finish. 

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sore loss for Dunipace.

Remarkable to note that everyone in top 7 except Kinnoull is now past 20 game mark: and all in contention. Fair City dwellers now only 11pts off 2nd with 6 games-in-hand.

In all honesty could have been five or six. Burntisland bossed the game for ninety mins.

5 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Good win for LTHV today when down to ten men for the last 30 minutes. Not their best performance but the result was the most important thing. 

Easthouses done well, and played with a lot of desire belying their lowly position in Div B.

Some of the worst refereeing I have seen at EOS level... Never a penalty which the keeper duly saved. Never a red card for Lothian, nor was the red for houses either.

Easthouses keeper had a great game.