Burntisland Shipyard P-P Oakley United
Craigroyston 1-5 Kinnoull
Haddington Athletic 4-1 Peebles Rovers
Ormison 1-2 Dunipace
St Andrews United 3-0 Heriot-Watt Univeristy
Leith Athletic 1-1 Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

image.png.9e09ec46d6f37a9721fbc755e490b429.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

At this early stage it looks like their replacing of Eyemouth has injected another quality team into this conference. You already had Haddington, Leith, LTHV and St Andrews... not to forget Dunipace and Heriot-Watt. Should prove very interesting.

EoS First Division Conference A

Burntisland Shipyard 1-4 Heriot-Watt University
Haddington Athletic 3-3 Lothian Thistle HV
Ormiston 2-2 Craigroyston
Peebles Rovers 1-2 Leith Athletic
St Andrews United 0-5 Oakley United

image.png.97772f552f681c58a389773025c9733e.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

For the neutral a highly entertaining game at Haddington last night. Both teams keen on attacking football and this initially proved costly to the home team who left one to many players upfield a couple of times and paid the price in the first half.  Haddington’s first in reply was a long range effort which seemed to be straight at the keeper who never laid a hand on it. This blunder set the expectation that peppering the keeper was the way forward and early signs seemed correct..  The second half saw an early equaliser but thereafter both teams had excellent chances with LTHV hitting all parts of the wood work and being denied by Disco in the home goal.  The seemingly flappy LTHV goalie then pulled off several top draw saves but with all the pressure seemingly in favour of the home team LTHV scored but couldn’t hang on as the home captain powered a header home to secure the draw.  I’m honestly not sure who will feel more relieved or aggrieved at this result but a most enjoyable evening at, as always a very pleasant environment.  Top notch sausage rolls too according to my young companion. 

Just me or was that not a startling result for Oakley last night?

Season not a week old and only 2 games of a 34-game marathon down but already Saturday's triumvirate Heriot-Watt Uni v Haddington, LTHV v St Andrews, and Oakley v Leith look as if they could be telling.

Dunipace and Kinnoull will also be tipped for 3pts at home to Craigroyston and Ormiston.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Just me or was that not a startling result for Oakley last night?

Season not a week old and only 2 games of a 34-game marathon down but already Saturday's triumvirate Heriot-Watt Uni v Haddington, LTHV v St Andrews, and Oakley v Leith look as if they could be telling.

Dunipace and Kinnoull will also be tipped for 3pts at home to Craigroyston and Ormiston.

Certainly startled me HJ!!

Only good thing about last night's debacle is the fact we have chance to put things right in three days.

As you say some interesting games on Saturday but it is a marathon this season, not a Sprint.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

Certainly startled me HJ!!

Only good thing about last night's debacle is the fact we have chance to put things right in three days.

As you say some interesting games on Saturday but it is a marathon this season, not a Sprint.

Hopefully just a bad day at the office, shows the quality in the conference though and it’s got to be said well done to Oakley.

Good luck for the rest of the season patriot, my new favourite Fife team. You’re all doing a great job there 8)

Last season Oakley only won 6 league games - home & away to Arniston + Tweedmouth, home to Coldstream, away to Hawick. (They did also get draws with Dunbar, Leith, Musselburgh, Newtongrange and Peebles tbf). So to win away to St Andrews, and thumpingly 5-0, is very impressive.

Back down to earth for Oakley yesterday,although they were without 3 regulars from the impressive midweek performance,including both central midfielders.Take nothing away from Leith though,who took advantage in the best way possible by racing to a 3 goal lead within the first half hour,the first resulting from a poor clearance by the keeper, before Oakley went down to 10(harshly in my opinion,looked liked they just ran into each other) before half time.Leith totally controlled the game after that,with little to get the decent sized crowd overly excited about,and ran out worthy winners.

On 03/08/2019 at 17:28, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS First Division Conference A

Burntisland Shipyard 1-1 Peebles Rovers
Dunipace 6-0 Craigroyston
Heriot-Watt University 1-0 Haddington Athletic
Kinnoull 8-0 Ormiston
Lothian Thistle HV 1-0 St Andrews United
Oakley United 0-3 Leith Athletic

image.png.b2e9d6d51aacf239dd1812800fb6e9f4.png

lothian thistle hutchy vale got a good win I see theyre keeper had a great game after getting blamed for drawing with haddy.leith my pick for league but kinnoul have started well but there still to play a good team

lothian thistle hutchy vale got a good win I see theyre keeper had a great game after getting blamed for drawing with haddy.leith my pick for league but kinnoul have started well but there still to play a good team
Far too early to make any firm judgements on any side at this stage. Kinnoul are 100% right now and the team to beat. There are plenty of good sides in the league and with players still on holiday, new players still to gel and teams/players still to find form there will be a different look to the table over the coming months.

To suggest someone hasn't played a 'good' team yet is a little disrespectful.

2 hours ago, RobM said:

Up there tonight, deserved it IMO.  Fairly tight game but a great win for them.

I thought we created more chances and hit the woodwork twice to their once. It would be interesting to see the Opta stats lol. Despite the Ormiston result we're really struggling to score but we played the right way tonight.

Great start to the season for Leith. Now if only they could get their dressing rooms sorted!!