EoS Conference A Thread 2019-20

3 hours ago, baker2 said:

Fancy Heriot watt to win conference a!

That really depends, they are 'coached' really well. Well drilled and disciplined. However the BUCs games sometimes take their toll. Most of the laddies are playing full time, I know they have a 'merger' with Currie Star but unsure if any laddies will be stepping upto their 20s and possibly first team I don't know.

Haddington was the highest ranked Junior from 17/18 that didn't quality for the EOS Premier 19/20. LTHV the former EOS Champions, and runner ups in 17/18 behind Kelty. Leith has been one of the strongest EOS teams for years, and will only be in the first division, because Cove beat Berwick Rangers. Not sure if Heriot-Watt or St. Andrews can match those three. 

This is the hardest conference. If the league started in September, Heriot might have a chance. They struggle with players moving on and most players away hame for summer, although as Heartz said, they are expertly coached and play some cracking football. Lothian have invested, Haddington seem to have retained most of the players and adding more. St Andrews were coming into their own in the last few months, again they will invest. 

My predictions :

Haddington 

Lothian 

St Andrews 

Leith

Heriot watt/ Craigroyston

It's interesting that many people seem to be saying Conference A is somewhat "harder" - and yet they were seeded according to finishing positions this season. Is there an assumption the Iike of Coldstream, Dalkeith, Easthouses or Preston are going to get weaker whereas the like of Haddington, Leith, LTHV will get stronger?

If so mightn't Glenrothes or Tynecastle also improve?

HW won’t know what they will have till the semester begins. Also some talk of their coach departing although it just seems to be rumour.

Portobello’s 01 age group won the Scottish cup so Haddington might see some benefit from there whilst Craigroyston are making some quality signings so will be an interesting conference for sure.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:20, Burnie_man said:

Haddington, HWU, Leith, Dunipace LTHV and St.Andrews will all be up there.  A very competitive Conference.

By my reckoning they had the 5th worst record in the EoS this season, somewhat optimistic to think that they'll suddenly be "up there"

5 minutes ago, Jason King said:

By my reckoning they had the 5th worst record in the EoS this season, somewhat optimistic to think that they'll suddenly be "up there"

Saw them against Bonnyrigg in the groundhop game, and to me they looked a very well organised side who by all accounts have improved through the season.  Personally I think they have a decent chance of being "up there" in the top 5.  Just an opinion.............

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about Eyemouth taking the year out. I've seen Haddington's twitter be the first to post it, so its beyond forum gossip at this point. Sincerely hope they come back in 2020/21 as they kept on ticking all through 2018/19 when others would have packed it in.

Fortunately with the format for this year's First Division Conferences a replacement has been found in the unlikely form of Kinnoull Juniors. They finished 3rd in the East Region's Premier North. Which I believe would of entitled them to a spot in the new North Super League that the East Juniors have come up with.

Instead they'll be battling it out in Conference A

image.png.306b336ec6178eb972986cffa0c8e44e.png

It’s always a pity to hear of clubs struggling, Eyemouth have known to have struggled abit since LL came in and especially during last season facing drubbings weekly, I like others had hoped to see them be abit more hopeful going into next season where they were expected to complete a little better.

Fingers crossed for a quick return.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That map shows why being in the EoS as opposed to a Tayside junior divison doesn't make a drastic difference in travel terms for a Perth team like Kinnoull.

If the 19 point deduction is true and they ended up in the North Premier League this would of been the comparison. They would of been a bit of an outlier either way with Scone and Luncarty in the North Super League. Although there's the possibility of Newburgh being shifted North as well.

I'd say the EoS offers more interest than playing the same 8 clubs 3/4 times a year.

image.thumb.png.c24c51ab2f7e20febcbfba949a8e19da.png

• 4 weeks later...

It’s actually too hard to call here. Will be very interesting to see how Kinnoull shape up. I’m surprised no one has mentioned Ormiston, they always fly under the radar and cause surprises, maybe having Haddington in the same league might hurt them.

There’s no whipping boys in there from what I can see, it’s all too close to call!