Burnie_man

EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

21 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Any news on the fixtures coming oot yet. I'm up against a few nufc season ticket holders, who,already have their fixtures and are well ahead in the planning department for games, for time off. :unsure2:

Should be out by end of June. Sky / BT fixtures out early July which should give you a head start. 

On 15/06/2019 at 14:08, LongTimeLurker said:

Access to the Scottish cup and SFA full member related money would be the obvious ones in the context of a league where there were no clubs with large supports, because the East Superleague and its predecessors were still going strong. You found your niche and had a very good run on the back of it for 30 years or so, but the landscape changed once clubs like EK became the main rival to Spartans at the top of the table in an LL context and more relatively strong clubs like the Shire, Cumbernauld Colts, BSC Glasgow and Kelty started moving in and that's only the beginning of what's coming over the horizon in the next decade or so.

Somebody will correct me, but never heard of any SFA member money back in the days before licensing. WW had an amazing sponsor though in RJ Budge. They were better supported too, Scottish Cup games which only draw 250 nowadays used to get 1000+ and the social club made better money too unless my memory’s poor, which it usually is. 

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:36, The Mantis said:

Somebody will correct me, but never heard of any SFA member money back in the days before licensing. WW had an amazing sponsor though in RJ Budge. They were better supported too, Scottish Cup games which only draw 250 nowadays used to get 1000+ and the social club made better money too unless my memory’s poor, which it usually is. 

As well as occasional winter payments there were regular 'windfalls' to member clubs and affiliated national associations (which missed non-member EOSL and SOSL clubs).

However they were not annual nor guaranteed. It usually depended on SFA having a surplus.

Certainly after the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign - when we ran France, Italy and Ukraine close and all our qualifiers were on Saturdays - they disbursed big sums come year's end.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 18/06/2019 at 11:24, FairWeatherFan said:

By the end of the month is what I saw on Twitter.

Fixtures will be on EOSFA website Friday 7 o c 🙂

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:40, newcastle broon said:

Fixtures will be on EOSFA website Friday 7 o c 🙂

14 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

am or pm

54348590.jpg

Perhaps a bit of confusion in the twittersphere as the Lowland fixtures are also being released on Friday. However for them...

1l056q.jpg

Having looked at all the leagues , this has to be the most exciting and competitive league by a country mile , not just for the teams but for their fans , exciting times approach

What I'd like to see is if 2nd May is to be the last day of the season that when they do the fixtures I;d like to see a full card on that date same as Lowland League has with the season finishing on 18th april

Opening day fixtures of the 2019-20 Eos Premier Division

Saturday 27th July 2019

Blackburn United v. Linlithgow Rose
Broxburn v. Bo'ness
Dunbar United v. Musselburgh Ath.
Dundonald Bluebell v. Crossgates
Jeanfield Swifts v. Camelon
Newtongrange Star v. Tranent
Sauchie v. Hill of Beath
Whitehill Welfare v. Penicuik

I see on one club’s twitter feed that they are charging £7 / £4 admission fee this season, in the Premier league. My club, as I understand, still charging £6 for normal entry fee. What are your club charging, if any one knows?

Who will win the EOS Premier this season?

For me it’s between Penicuik and linlithgow!!

17 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I see on one club’s twitter feed that they are charging £7 / £4 admission fee this season, in the Premier league. My club, as I understand, still charging £6 for normal entry fee. What are your club charging, if any one knows?

Linlithgow are 7 and 5. Camelon are 7 and 4

Bo'ness United are charging £7/£4 next season.

Penicuik linlithgow and boness
BU keeper and midfield are looking good. Our defence should be OK but whether or not we can mount a title challenge will depend on the goalscoring. If our new striker can bang in the goals on a regular basis it could be a good season.

2 hours ago, lowenan said:

Who will win the EOS Premier this season?

Thought that Tarnent had already ‘bought’ the league with the players they have signed? 

Apart from Musselburgh, I am looking forward to see how the team of last season - Crossgates do? From nowhere in the South region, a couple of years ago to Premier league, this season; an outstanding achievement!

6 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Thought that Tarnent had already ‘bought’ the league with the players they have signed? 

Apart from Musselburgh, I am looking forward to see how the team of last season - Crossgates do? From nowhere in the South region, a couple of years ago to Premier league, this season; an outstanding achievement!

Who said that Tranent were going to win the league , for sure it was nobody fi the Big-T.