Jump to content
Burnie_man

EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

Recommended Posts

Heard Whitehill v Tranent finished in the dark? Anyone there?!?
How were the other 2KO non floodlit games?

Given the circumstances at Humbug Park, I can confirm it was dull, drizzly, wet and getting darkish by the time the ref blew the final whistle. IMG_3267.jpg
But by then, no-one was paying much attention. I was up on main road awaiting the ambulances. Sad day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2019 at 10:50, Ali_Wee_Jag said:


Given the circumstances at Humbug Park, I can confirm it was dull, drizzly, wet and getting darkish by the time the ref blew the final whistle. IMG_3267.jpg
But by then, no-one was paying much attention. I was up on main road awaiting the ambulances. Sad day.

Still Can't get my head round this. Absolutely devastating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JONES
Malcolm

(Dunbar)

Very suddenly on Saturday 23rd November 2019, Malcolm, loving husband of Fiona, dearly loved dad of Geoff, Russell and Graeme, dear and devoted grandad of his five grandchildren, much loved brother of John, a very good friend of many. A funeral service to which all family and friends are invited will be held at Belhaven Church, on Friday 6th December at 10.30am, followed by a private family interment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

JONES
Malcolm

(Dunbar)

Very suddenly on Saturday 23rd November 2019, Malcolm, loving husband of Fiona, dearly loved dad of Geoff, Russell and Graeme, dear and devoted grandad of his five grandchildren, much loved brother of John, a very good friend of many. A funeral service to which all family and friends are invited will be held at Belhaven Church, on Friday 6th December at 10.30am, followed by a private family interment.

Yup. I will be there. Thanks for the info Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

A sad but nice read. Didnt realise it was father and son. Must've been absolutely devastating for the manager. R I P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 3 players away this time.

Had 5 for the European qualifiers last season in Bosnia.

The fixture that would have been postponed due to frost anyway.

Are we not getting another postponement due to international call ups this year?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Are we not getting another postponement due to international call ups this year?

You're thinking of game v Edinburgh Utd cancelled Sat 2nd Feb last season for FIFA Futsal WC qualifier weekend.

They played Sat 1st Dec (won 3-0 at CSS in EQC) on weekend of annual "Home Nations".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EoS Premier Division

Bo'ness United 2-1 Camelon Juniors
Broxburn Athletic 1-2 Penicuik Athletic
Dunbar United 4-1 Whitehill Welfare
Hill of Beath Hawthorn A-A Tranent Juniors
Jeanfield Swifts 2-0 Linlithgow Rose
Musselburgh Athletic 2-1 Dundonald Bluebell
Newtongrange Star 2-2 Crossgates Primrose
Sauchie Juniors 3-0 Blackburn United

image.png.070b78412e980b8921171c7a9e8a740e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS Premier Division

Bo'ness United 2-1 Camelon Juniors
Broxburn Athletic 1-2 Penicuik Athletic
Dunbar United 4-1 Whitehill Welfare
Hill of Beath Hawthorn A-A Tranent Juniors
Jeanfield Swifts 2-0 Linlithgow Rose
Musselburgh Athletic 2-1 Dundonald Bluebell
Newtongrange Star 2-2 Crossgates Primrose
Sauchie Juniors 3-0 Blackburn United

image.png.070b78412e980b8921171c7a9e8a740e.png

Penicuik if they go on a good run could be up their challenging boness. Bad loss for dundonald but it can happen in this league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Penicuik if they go on a good run could be up their challenging boness. Bad loss for dundonald but it can happen in this league

Certainly possible. At this point though you're also needing Bo'ness to go through a bad spell. They just repeat what they've done in the first half of the season it's hard to see past them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Certainly possible. At this point though you're also needing Bo'ness to go through a bad spell. They just repeat what they've done in the first half of the season it's hard to see past them.

They are grinding out the results today once they went 2-1 up they knew how to play the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
At Musselburgh today. Not one for slating officials and they make mistakes as long as it doesn't change the game result, but the ref today was out his depth ! Musselburgh players new this and played into his hands. Dundonald centre half sent off after 15mins or so for winning a tackle (clearly) and they score from the free kick ! Dundonald equalise b4 half Time and Musselburgh score with ten to go. Not much in the game with 10 v 11 and when dundonald went forward always looked like scoring. Disappointing result but these things happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They are grinding out the results today once they went 2-1 up they knew how to play the game

Could all be for nothing but glory if they haven't got their licensing application in. Reminded by another discussion thread they might need to have it all done by February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Penicuik if they go on a good run could be up their challenging boness. Bad loss for dundonald but it can happen in this league

Or good win for Musselburgh! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yeah certainly should have said aswell i meant for the title race sorry casey 

 

No worries Alan. Was a good result for us today, just like our result against Camelon. However, no point in playing well against teams high up in the league, if we get beat by teams around us - Sauchie, Nitten, Crossgates and Dunbar to name but 4!

Wins like today can give us a boost, but if we don’t move up the league, far more important to beat teams in bottom half of league than top half!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...