EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

On 28/09/2019 at 08:45, G4Mac said:
On 28/09/2019 at 01:13, AlanCamelonfan said:
Who's new manager

The two assistants under Martin. Cummings and petrie. Money isn't away, only a break due to personal circumstances.

He was never coming back - you don't allow interim managers to bin 7 of the players he signed a couple of months ago if you have any expectation of him returning to the post and so it proves, he's now officially gone.

EoS Premier Division

Blackburn United 2-1 Musselburgh Athletic
Broxburn Athletic 1-1 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Crossgates Primrose 3-2 Linlithgow Rose
Dunbar United 1-2 Bo'ness United
Jeanfield Swifts 2-2 Newtongrange Star
Penicuik Athletic 0-3 Camelon Juniors
Tranent Juniors 1-3 Dundonald Bluebell
Whitehill Welfare 1-2 Sauchie Juniors

image.png.5ffd09160f93d4d500d6ebe82f210ec2.png

October 2015, crossgates have scrabbled together a side and a struggling in the south division, getting hammered weekly. A month later they will enter abeyance with doubts that they’ll return. Linlithgow are competing at the top of the super league. (They’ll finish 3rd)

October 2019. CROSSGATES 3 LINLITHGOW 2.

October 2015, crossgates have scrabbled together a side and a struggling in the south division, getting hammered weekly. A month later they will enter abeyance with doubts that they’ll return. Linlithgow are competing at the top of the super league. (They’ll finish 3rd)

It’s not really a surprise result! Linlithgow are in turmoil![emoji106]

It’s not really a surprise result! Linlithgow are in turmoil![emoji106]

It’s a 2 way street between the improvements at crossgates and the Linlithgow going backwards. But it was unthinkable 4 years ago, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say the majority of the closing has come from Crossgates

It’s a 2 way street between the improvements at crossgates and the Linlithgow going backwards. But it was unthinkable 4 years ago, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say the majority of the closing has come from Crossgates

A would say imo that it’s just the fact linlithgow are in free fall!

A would say imo that it’s just the fact linlithgow are in free fall!
It's not only Linlithgow's troubles though, the fact Crossgates are in the EoS Premier tells its own story. And the ground improvement there are really impressive too. It's one of those places you can sense the level of pride.

McBookie's Odds 5th October

EAST OF SCOTLAND
31/10 Blackburn 5/1 Musselburgh 2/5
8/13 Broxburn 4/1 Hill of Beath 9/4
6/1 Crossgates 7/1 Linlithgow 1/6
6/1 Dunbar 7/1 Bo'ness 1/6
8/15 Jeanfield 9/2 Newtongrange 12/5
1/2 Penicuick 9/2 Camelon 13/5
4/9 Tranent 5/1 Dundonald 11/4
1/2 Whitehill 9/2 Sauchie 13/5

Anyone predicting Saturday's results will have a healthy payout!

Edited by PastyMan

McBookie's Odds 5th October

EAST OF SCOTLAND

31/10 Blackburn 5/1 Musselburgh 2/5

8/13 Broxburn 4/1 Hill of Beath 9/4

6/1 Crossgates 7/1 Linlithgow 1/6

6/1 Dunbar 7/1 Bo'ness 1/6

8/15 Jeanfield 9/2 Newtongrange 12/5

1/2 Penicuick 9/2 Camelon 13/5

4/9 Tranent 5/1 Dundonald 11/4

1/2 Whitehill 9/2 Sauchie 13/5

Anyone predicting Saturday's results will have a healthy payout!

£1 on the right results turns back over £6500 [emoji15]

14 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The rise of Crossgates has been remarkable.  Despite Bo'ness beating them 4 times last season, one was after extra time and the others all by one goal.

At the season's start they looked a shell of last season's side as we won 6-1 in Fife but that result seems to have kicked them up the arse and they have improved ever since.  Despite what wee Rose fans say, it's not all about them.  Crossgates deserve all the praise going.

Good game at Broxburn.  Feels like 2 points dropped but HoB missed a couple of good chances too.
Wouldn’t predict anything in this league as it is still too close to call.   Don’t think this winter will be quite so long and cold as Saturdays will be something to look forward too.

You can rule out lithgae for a start![emoji23][emoji23]

The amount of money spent on players now compared to then I’m not surprised at the improvements

My worry is if the campbells ever leave they will take there money with them

The amount of money spent on players now compared to then I’m not surprised at the improvements

My worry is if the campbells ever leave they will take there money with them
A rather simplistic view of the situation at Crossgates but I suppose everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Let's examine the facts from yesterday's starting team.

One player signed from local under 20's team. 3 players signed directly from amateur football by the Campbells.

1 from a Fife junior bottom league team. 1 from Oakley, 2 veterans from Dundonald, a local laddie from Hillfield Swifts and 2 from Kelty.

Why not give the Campbells a bit credit for their hard work and their ability to blend together a group of amateurs, a few from middle of the road Junior and East of Scotland teams and a couple of veterans that nobody else really wanted.

Sure thing Archie Campbell and Sean Oneil are big signings for the club but there is so much more happening than that.

There is a positivity about the place that hasn't been there for years. The commitee are doing their best to raise the profile of the club.

A rather simplistic view of the situation at Crossgates but I suppose everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Let's examine the facts from yesterday's starting team.

One player signed from local under 20's team. 3 players signed directly from amateur football by the Campbells.

1 from a Fife junior bottom league team. 1 from Oakley, 2 veterans from Dundonald, a local laddie from Hillfield Swifts and 2 from Kelty.

Why not give the Campbells a bit credit for their hard work and their ability to blend together a group of amateurs, a few from middle of the road Junior and East of Scotland teams and a couple of veterans that nobody else really wanted.

Sure thing Archie Campbell and Sean Oneil are big signings for the club but there is so much more happening than that.

There is a positivity about the place that hasn't been there for years. The commitee are doing their best to raise the profile of the club.

I’m no criticising if my dad was giving me money to spend I’d be doing the same. If Alan and ally left would the club go back to old very much doubt it but attracting the same calibre of player again doubt it

Facts of the team
Henderson - free from kelty just wages
Swan - 1400 plus wages
Brand - free ammy wages
Deas - free ammy wages
O’Neil - transfer plus wages
Moffat - transfer plus wages( no one wanted him your having a laugh any team would take him)
Cowie - free from swifts wages
Aitken- ammy wages
Lawrie - transfer plus wages
Campbell - transfer plus wages
Mcateer - think it was 2 grand plus wages

Subs
Forbes - 2 grand plus wages( again would walk into any team and hardly a veteran)

Just sent back Craig Burt the gk I know they were covering his wages from the pars which were decent

Credit were credits due they got crossgates in the premier and I think they will keep them up

let’s no kid ourselves on. Good wages are getting paid out and decent transfers are getting spent think your trying to play down your facts

Ask yourself this if they 2 walked out tomorrow for any reason could the club sustain that team I don’t think so in my opinion

Do hearts of beath have a ammy team now??

40 minutes ago, Anychance said:

I’m no criticising if my dad was giving me money to spend I’d be doing the same. If Alan and ally left would the club go back to old very much doubt it but attracting the same calibre of player again doubt it

Facts of the team
Henderson - free from kelty just wages
Swan - 1400 plus wages
Brand - free ammy wages
Deas - free ammy wages
O’Neil - transfer plus wages
Moffat - transfer plus wages( no one wanted him your having a laugh any team would take him)
Cowie - free from swifts wages
Aitken- ammy wages
Lawrie - transfer plus wages
Campbell - transfer plus wages
Mcateer - think it was 2 grand plus wages

Subs
Forbes - 2 grand plus wages( again would walk into any team and hardly a veteran)

Just sent back Craig Burt the gk I know they were covering his wages from the pars which were decent

Credit were credits due they got crossgates in the premier and I think they will keep them up

let’s no kid ourselves on. Good wages are getting paid out and decent transfers are getting spent think your trying to play down your facts

Ask yourself this if they 2 walked out tomorrow for any reason could the club sustain that team I don’t think so in my opinion

Do hearts of beath have a ammy team now??

Can you no just be happy for them where they are and enjoy the journey it takes them  ? 

Life and soul of the party you eh :thumsup2

Edited by newcastle broon