EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Penicuik are my pick over 30 games

I’d go with that as well.  Think they will be the most consistent over that period which will win them it.

My own team Broxburn can beat anyone on their day as can about 6/7 others but I don’t think they will have enough consistency over 30 games and will drop “silly points”.

However I don’t see anyone running away with it.  Lots to look forward too over the cold Winter months.

51 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Yeah sorry, was just home from work. Forgot it was CJ the last time too! It was all in jest, we’ve had this out with each other before. He’s a top bloke 👍

Cheers Spyro! 👍

I thought I got on well with Cookie too, but maybe that was just my imagination?!🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Cheers Spyro! 👍

I thought I got on well with Cookie too, but maybe that was just my imagination?!🤷‍♂️

😂 I’m sure he’s fine! I reckon there’s a fair bit of humour involved, tough to tell the difference sometimes.

It was a rather bold statement though, think you guys just need to concentrate on finishing top half... and leave the top 6 to us 😉

10 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I can't see Broxburn winning it but I think the current top 8 with Jeanfield or Musselburgh being the potential to take Camelon and or any of the others out of top 8. Their was a suggestion Bo'ness manager may go to stenny. Not sure if true but if he did that could derail them

Interested in why you can't see Broxburn winning it. I can't recall all the details of that crazy day but there was at least one spell during the final match, on the final day of last season, that they were winning the league against a very good Bonnyrigg. We hunted them down the final straight in Conference C and they just kept picking up the points, they're a very resilient side who have that great quality of grinding it out. This season they've knocked decent LL opposition out of the cup. What am I missing? 

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Interested in why you can't see Broxburn winning it. I can't recall all the details of that crazy day but there was at least one spell during the final match, on the final day of last season, that they were winning the league against a very good Bonnyrigg. We hunted them down the final straight in Conference C and they just kept picking up the points, they're a very resilient side who have that great quality of grinding it out. This season they've knocked decent LL opposition out of the cup. What am I missing? 

When we played them at that point we were in a massive slump and we drew with them. Our keeper let one through his legs. They just disappointed me. They beat lowland teams in cup ties is  no different to camelon getting to quarter final of junior cup in 2016. We finished 12th but thrashed kelty 4-1 on the way and kilsyth away 3-0. Didnt mean we were going to win the league. Blowin in the wind is right over 30 games which is 6 more games than last year all against tough opposition. I just dont see them winning it. 

11 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Cheers Spyro! 👍

I’ve certainly not got a problem with you in fact I like reading your take on Mussey games but as I pointed out Penicuik won the league because they were the best team. As you were talking about timings Cookie we minutes away from being in the Lowland League but as they say that’s fitba 

3 hours ago, cookieboy said:

I’ve certainly not got a problem with you in fact I like reading your take on Mussey games but as I pointed out Penicuik won the league because they were the best team. As you were talking about timings Cookie we minutes away from being in the Lowland League but as they say that’s fitba 

Indeed Cookie!!

Thanks for the comments on the Mussey Games. You and Spyro at least comment on them as do one or two others - would be good if my fellow Burgh supporters did likewise; but as they say - that's fitba!!

I may well have to eat my words at end of season and quite happy to do so if I am wrong!! 👍

14 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

When we played them at that point we were in a massive slump and we drew with them. Our keeper let one through his legs. They just disappointed me. They beat lowland teams in cup ties is  no different to camelon getting to quarter final of junior cup in 2016. We finished 12th but thrashed kelty 4-1 on the way and kilsyth away 3-0. Didnt mean we were going to win the league. Blowin in the wind is right over 30 games which is 6 more games than last year all against tough opposition. I just dont see them winning it. 

Spot on Alan.  Don’t get me wrong Broxburn are a very good side and have a wee bit more depth than last season.  

But having watched them almost every game from January they were far from convincing in a number of the games in Conference C.  They won because of their resilience and quality but this year the teams they face will be of better quality and I think they will drop too many points.

From 19/1/19 to the end of the season last year they played 5 EOS Premier Teams and only one once against Jeanfield. They lost the other 4 against Penicuik, Bonnyrigg, Dunbar and Tranent.  

EoS Premier Division

Bo'ness United 2-1 Tranent Juniors
Broxburn Athletic 1-0 Whitehill Welfare
Camelon Juniors 2-1 Crossgates Primrose
Dundonald Bluebell P-P Blackburn United
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 2-0 Penicuik Athletic
Musselburgh Athletic 6-2 Linlithgow Rose
Newtongrange Star 2-1 Dunbar United
Sauchie Juniors 2-4 Jeanfield Swifts

image.png.7d6453e9ec3228c3e0bfe64d59cc0242.png

Musselburgh with the surprise win of the day I would say and takes them out of the relegation zone. The win over Tranent now sees Bo'ness take top spot form them.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS Premier Division

Bo'ness United 2-1 Tranent Juniors
Broxburn Athletic 1-0 Whitehill Welfare
Camelon Juniors 2-1 Crossgates Primrose
Dundonald Bluebell P-P Blackburn United
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 2-0 Penicuik Athletic
Musselburgh Athletic 6-2 Linlithgow Rose
Newtongrange Star 2-1 Dunbar United
Sauchie Juniors 2-4 Jeanfield Swifts

image.png.7d6453e9ec3228c3e0bfe64d59cc0242.png

Musselburgh with the surprise win of the day I would say and takes them out of the relegation zone. The win over Tranent now sees Bo'ness take top spot form them.

Hard thought win for camelon at home to crossgates they made it hard. A bit unfortunate I thought to be down to 10 men but the officials were shocking 

35 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Horrendous error from ww keeper gifts Broxburn the 3 points. He did recover to save what I thought was a very soft pen though. Nothing much more to say about  this game. Broxburn certainly no title contenders on this evidence. 

Who in your opinion are I think it's that tight anyone down to penicuik could win it