EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

15 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

First half was pretty even spells for.both sides early goal second half was the killer. Goalkeeper played most of 2nd half with an injury that probably he shouldn't have played on with. Didnt think the haws were that great more how bad we were. Tranent are a far better side than hob.

Camelon are a young side and havemt played well for a few weeks.after a really good run and hopefully this will kick us into gear

There's no doubt that the 5-1 score line was a fair reflection of the gap between the two sides on the day, particularly in the second half when the home team sliced through the Camelon defence on many occasions and could and should have scored more than the 4 goals that they netted. The keeper was looking a bit jittery before his injury mis-hitting clearances out of the park on a fair few occasions, saying aloud "utter garbage" after another miskick. His injury happened right in front of us and was self inflicted. It was obvious to all of us that he was exaggerating his injury to detract from his howler that led to the Haws scoring.                                            The haws too have a young side. It seems odd so say that Tranent are far better than the Haws considering that the latter are ahead of the former in the league having played 2 games less, it may be the case that Tranent ultimately finish above the Haws at the end of the season but it's likely that it would be by a few points only.

1 hour ago, Forbes55 said:

There's no doubt that the 5-1 score line was a fair reflection of the gap between the two sides on the day, particularly in the second half when the home team sliced through the Camelon defence on many occasions and could and should have scored more than the 4 goals that they netted. The keeper was looking a bit jittery before his injury mis-hitting clearances out of the park on a fair few occasions, saying aloud "utter garbage" after another miskick. His injury happened right in front of us and was self inflicted. It was obvious to all of us that he was exaggerating his injury to detract from his howler that led to the Haws scoring.                                            The haws too have a young side. It seems odd so say that Tranent are far better than the Haws considering that the latter are ahead of the former in the league having played 2 games less, it may be the case that Tranent ultimately finish above the Haws at the end of the season but it's likely that it would be by a few points only.

Dean Shaw? Shocked.

16 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

I think I can predict what I want! Doesn’t mean I am right!

i do think the 3 relegated sides will come from bottom 7. So guessing 3 out of 7 is a bit easier than at start of season!

Haven't said for definite but I don’t think I will be far wrong from the 3 out of 4 I’ve gone with! 

The PPG column in @FairWeatherFan’s table is quite revealing now that WW have climbed off the bottom. They are on almost exactly a point per game, then there’s a gap to the bottom three who are almost identical, two on 0.74 and one on 0.76.

1 hour ago, Forbes55 said:

The 5-1 scoreline reflected the 2ne half not the whole game. We had a bad day at the office. We weren't great in first half and we were on par with hob. The goalkeeper actually injury was self inflicted noone complained but he was injured. 

You forget hill of beath were awarded 3 points by sauchie mistake

35 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

The PPG column in @FairWeatherFan’s table is quite revealing now that WW have climbed off the bottom. They are on almost exactly a point per game, then there’s a gap to the bottom three who are almost identical, two on 0.74 and one on 0.76.

WW have 14 games to go and 9 of them will be at home. Where they have so far only lost by a single goal in the 4 defeats they have had there.

image.thumb.png.0693b7e7b0960e0d39b7a6da06cc67b4.png

They also have the potential advantage of having played both Nitten and Sauchie twice already. There's some relegation "6 pointers" they can miss as things get nervy towards the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

The 5-1 scoreline reflected the 2ne half not the whole game. We had a bad day at the office. We weren't great in first half and we were on par with hob. The goalkeeper actually injury was self inflicted noone complained but he was injured. 

You forget hill of beath were awarded 3 points by sauchie mistake

I did say originally that the Haws were the better side over the 90 minutes and that included the second half. I was actually disappointed in Camelon as they've had good teams recently and I thought that it was going to be a tighter game than it actually was. An ex-workmate of mine played for you 2 or 3 seasons ago so I went over to a few of your matches hoping to see your team win. We have differing views of yesterdays match but I beat your team no I will and hope that they do well for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, Forbes55 said:

I did say originally that the Haws were the better side over the 90 minutes and that included the second half. I was actually disappointed in Camelon as they've had good teams recently and I thought that it was going to be a tighter game than it actually was. An ex-workmate of mine played for you 2 or 3 seasons ago so I went over to a few of your matches hoping to see your team win. We have differing views of yesterdays match but I beat your team no I will and hope that they do well for the rest of the season.

Who was your workmate

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Who was your workmate

It was Jordan, he played left back. One of the games I was at was the Scottish Cup replay, with Kilwinning which turned out to be disappointing as I thought you had a good chance of going through. 

EoS Premier Division

Blacburn United 1-0 Penicuik Athletic
Crossgates Primrose 2-0 Jeanfield Swifts
Dunbar United 3-4 Dundonald Bluebell
Linlithgow Rose 3-3 Musselburgh Athletic
Newtongrange Star 1-1 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Tranent Juniors 0-1 Sauchie Juniors
Whitehill Welfare 1-1 Broxburn Athletic

image.png.0f0e2f5bf46672dbf453be77b6ea578c.png

Big wins for Blackburn and Sauchie but even WW and Nitten grabbed a point each today.

51 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

It's days like today, where clubs are given the chance to pressurise at the top.  A golden opportunity wasted.  Has the big 'Scottish' proved too much of a distraction to Broxburn & Penicuik?

I was thinking of that possibility today, but Broxburn vs Whitehill  was as much a 1 sided game as us playing St.Mirren.  Their keeper should of been sent off in the first half and went on stop Broxburn with a few saves. Broxburn couldn't find a second, making chance after chance, and on another day we would of scored loads. Can't believe the keeper wasn't sent off after saving a shot outside the box, but these are the breaks that go for you or against you sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, albynpark said:

I was thinking of that possibility today, but Broxburn vs Whitehill  was as much a 1 sided game as us playing St.Mirren.  Their keeper should of been sent off in the first half and went on stop Broxburn with a few saves. Broxburn couldn't find a second, making chance after chance, and on another day we would of scored loads. Can't believe the keeper wasn't sent off after saving a shot outside the box, but these are the breaks that go for you or against you sometimes. 

Where were you standing watching ?

Half yer team shouldve been sent off for dissent. Referees are in charge of games,no your players. Never seen so many round a referee especially yer captain for the whole game.

Just like the breaks when you stole 3 points of us at Broxburn I seem to recall.