EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Wee queerie. Why not wait for close season to do pitch. 

From my understanding, it was to do with the arranged funding and grants running out. it will be costing a fair bit I imagine. Present council don't have sports facilities high up in their agenda and where dragging their heels. I think they just got in on time without losing too much funding. I wonder if it's before we get out of the EU! Lol.

The park is run by Broxburn United Sports Club, lots of teams play there so it would be a decision with everyone in mind. 

EoS Premier Division

Bo'ness United 1-2 Whitehill Welfare
Dunbar United 5-3 Newtongrange Star
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 5-1 Camelon Juniors
Jeanfield Swifts 2-1 Tranent Juniors
Penicuik Athletic 1-4 Dundonald Bluebell
Sauchie Juniors 2-2 Linlithgow Rose

image.png.391245db8088f1115129b2738af32af9.png

Big win for Whitehill Welfare! Not only good enough to get off bottom of the table, but out of the relegation zone entirely.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS Premier Division

Big win for Whitehill Welfare! Not only good enough to get off bottom of the table, but out of the relegation zone entirely.

We deserved that after some unlucky results recently. Looking to kick on now hopefully. Long way to go yet but gives us a chance. 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

We deserved that after some unlucky results recently. Looking to kick on now hopefully. Long way to go yet but gives us a chance. 

Too be honest. Once Bo'ness got their goal, I thought they would go on and get at least a second. I imagine it was a very nervy second half for WW fans in attendance.

EoS Premier Division
Dislike.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Too be honest. Once Bo'ness got their goal, I thought they would go on and get at least a second. I imagine it was a very nervy second half for WW fans in attendance.

Certainly was especially giving goals away late on lately. Brilliant result might just kick start oor season though as Burnieman said after beating Boness any team can beat any team in this league. Still all to play for. 

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EoS Premier Division

We were absolutely rotten today and hill of beath took full advantage. Strong hardworking side. Win their games in hand can overtake boness

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Certainly was especially giving goals away late on lately. Brilliant result might just kick start oor season though as Burnieman said after beating Boness any team can beat any team in this league. Still all to play for. 

Think it’s anyone from 7 who can still win it but Bo’ness with the points on the board still favourites and probably 3 from bottom six to go down.   Think only Dundonald, Lithgae and Crossgates have pride to play for.  Picture will be clearer at the end of February.

giphy.gif

Well that's blown it wide open at both ends.

HoB could now be ahead via games-in-hand... and have already played both times v Bo'ness. Tranent will be gutted not to take advantage but host the leaders on Feb 22nd. Several others are close enough to still have hope.

At other end Whitehill leap salmon-like clean out of the relegation slots while Blackburn slam into bottom.

45 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Think it’s anyone from 7 who can still win it but Bo’ness with the points on the board still favourites and probably 3 from bottom six to go down.   Think only Dundonald, Lithgae and Crossgates have pride to play for.  Picture will be clearer at the end of February.

Lithgae and particularly Crossgates can get sooked into the relegation pot in the coming weeks. Crossgates played a few games. Lithgae v Musselburgh next week. 

Edited by Passthebaw

Would have thought any total in the low 30s should be good enough for safety - they might be inconsistent but it's inconceivable that Lithgae could fail to pick up another eight points from half their league programme!

With that sort of target in mind, one would fear for Sauchie and, particularly, Nitten, who seem to be on a wretched run and have limited time to turn it around. Blackburn have a couple of games in hand over that pair but have endured a horrible series of results since October (with one notable exception...), and it's been noted that they're having to field a lot of youngsters of late.

Sauchie might be the most likely of the current bottom three to pull themselves out of the mire; and if that happens then, on the basis of what I've seen, I'd suggest Crossgates would be the most likely to get dragged in. (But I accept they might have just had a really bad day against us!)

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

We were absolutely rotten today and hill of beath took full advantage. Strong hardworking side. Win their games in hand can overtake boness

Thought that the Haws were the better side throughout today. Camelon's defence was poor in the second half and they found it difficult to handle Adamson who helped himself to a second half hat-trick. Keeper had a bad day too which didn't help.

Edited by Forbes55
Grammar

40 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Would have thought any total in the low 30s should be good enough for safety - they might be inconsistent but it's inconceivable that Lithgae could fail to pick up another eight points from half their league programme!

With that sort of target in mind, one would fear for Sauchie and, particularly, Nitten, who seem to be on a wretched run and have limited time to turn it around. Blackburn have a couple of games in hand over that pair but have endured a horrible series of results since October (with one notable exception...), and it's been noted that they're having to field a lot of youngsters of late.

Sauchie might be the most likely of the current bottom three to pull themselves out of the mire; and if that happens then, on the basis of what I've seen, I'd suggest Crossgates would be the most likely to get dragged in. (But I accept they might have just had a really bad day against us!)

Linlithgow will not go down.

Newtongrange are in such freefall at moment, I cannot see them escaping bottom 3. I think the other 2 will come from Crossgates, Blackburn and Sauchie (all, by the way who beat Musselburgh at their grounds). I think Musselburgh will escape, as will Whitehill, who are beginning to come onto a game, and Dunbar.

1 hour ago, Forbes55 said:

Thought that the Haws were the better side throughout today. Camelon's defence was poor in the second half and they found it difficult to handle Adamson who helped himself to a second half hat-trick. Keeper had a bad da

0řy too which didn't help.

First half was pretty even spells for.both sides early goal second half was the killer. Goalkeeper played most of 2nd half with an injury that probably he shouldn't have played on with. Didnt think the haws were that great more how bad we were. Tranent are a far better side than hob.

Camelon are a young side and havemt played well for a few weeks.after a really good run and hopefully this will kick us into gear

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

People were telling us earlier we would survive. You can't predict anything at this stage.

I think I can predict what I want! Doesn’t mean I am right!

i do think the 3 relegated sides will come from bottom 7. So guessing 3 out of 7 is a bit easier than at start of season!

Haven't said for definite but I don’t think I will be far wrong from the 3 out of 4 I’ve gone with!