EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

14 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
27 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Why’s it at Bo’ness? Knew nothing about this game or I’d probably have stopped by to watch on the way home.

Carpet is getting relaid at Broxburn as the old surface was close to a decade old.

Aye, right enough. I forgot their pitch was getting torn up. Plenty going on in this league off the pitch too, hard to keep up with it all.

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Good win for Broxburn.  Decent game with plenty of chances.  Crossgates could have sneaked a point but we’re denird by a great save at the death.

Have to say enjoyed the Friday night football 👍

Bottom seven getting closer by the match! 

Watch Under 20 matches quite a lot so, I agree with you. Good way to start weekend sporting life! 👍

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Good win for Broxburn.  Decent game with plenty of chances.  Crossgates could have sneaked a point but we’re denird by a great save at the death.

Have to say enjoyed the Friday night football 👍

Get another chance for groundhog day. Will you be back in broxburn by then

Wee queerie. Why not wait for close season to do pitch. 

I don’t know I’m not a Broxburn fan, but I’d guess there’d be at least half a dozen reasons. Any Broxburn fans shed any light?

Could even be to do with the contractors schedule? I’d imagine these guys probably get a lot of council tenders to do pitches at schools, sports centres etc which will be worth a lot more and also take priority when these places are closed/quieter through the summer.

Guessing here but maybe they have secured the funding but it has to be spent this tax year.

Yep, from Broxburn’s perspective it could simply be budget management and maximising revenue opportunities. If the money is there and the work gets done just now, it’ll allow the club to have the facility available all day, every day through the summer months.

I understand this isn't the work being done 'early' but it was actually delayed from later 2019... whether for Scottish Cup run or some off-field factor... so couldn't be delayed another 6-months/similar.

By the looks of it they should only have to play 1 / 2 games at another venue... Crossgates last night, then between now and end of February their only other home game is v Dundonald (who they've already played away)... and should be back before groundhop tie on March 20th.

So whether financial year is a factor or not they've had a tight window to work in.

Edited by HibeeJibee

6 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It's excellent that to accommodate other clubs in the league teams are helping other teams.

Camelon and now Bo'ness helping Bo'ness and Broxburn respectively for the good of the game at this level.

Great to see emoji106.png

Linlithgow rose helped linlithgow rose juniors

8 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It's excellent that to accommodate other clubs in the league teams are helping other teams.

Camelon and now Bo'ness helping Bo'ness and Broxburn respectively for the good of the game at this level.

Camelon also helped dunipace at the start of last season get a league cup tie vs Preston because astro wasnt finished

3 hours ago, John S said:

Sharp

I’m actually in Bradford Monday to Friday so it is a bit of a trek 👍

59 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Think a few clubs offered facilities to be fair. Despite the competition I’d say most teams have a healthy respect for each other.