EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

27 minutes ago, jimmyg said:

I think they will b in the mix for sure

Won’t argue with you there Jimmy - we are definitely in the mix, but there are 7 of us there. Although Crossgates are in top half, with matches played they are there to be caught.

Musselburgh shot themselves in foot yesterday. Two nil up in less than 15 minutes and playing good football. Then at 2-2 we hit the bar, then got ball cleared off line from the refund when we should have scored. But, bad defending cost us the match! Win that and we would have been 10th!

Last 3 matches, beat 2nd + 5th placed teams but then lost to 10 place. Huge match against Dunbar coming up on 28 Dec against Dunbar.

So, a lot of work to go, but confident we will pull away.

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Won’t argue with you there Jimmy - we are definitely in the mix, but there are 7 of us there. Although Crossgates are in top half, with matches played they are there to be caught.

Musselburgh shot themselves in foot yesterday. Two nil up in less than 15 minutes and playing good football. Then at 2-2 we hit the bar, then got ball cleared off line from the refund when we should have scored. But, bad defending cost us the match! Win that and we would have been 10th!

Last 3 matches, beat 2nd + 5th placed teams but then lost to 10 place. Huge match against Dunbar coming up on 28 Dec against Dunbar.

So, a lot of work to go, but confident we will pull away.

I think relegation wise your right crossgates could   come into it. You just need a good run to get out. Blackburn seem to have slid last few weeks down the table so it's easy to go down and need to get a run of wins quickly.

At the top boness look in pole position. It's the two linlithgow games I think that could be crucial. Boness obviously havent had a  bad patch. Penicuik were my pre season favourites had a wee bad spell lost a couple of games bit massive win yesterday vs tranent. Could be between those two. 

I think relegation wise your right crossgates could   come into it. You just need a good run to get out. Blackburn seem to have slid last few weeks down the table so it's easy to go down and need to get a run of wins quickly.

At the top boness look in pole position. It's the two linlithgow games I think that could be crucial. Boness obviously havent had a  bad patch. Penicuik were my pre season favourites had a wee bad spell lost a couple of games bit massive win yesterday vs tranent. Could be between those two. 
We're struggling with injuries, probably missing 4 or 5 starters yesterday and the last couple of weeks since the Bo'ness win. That situation needs to clear up soon.

Another very good 3 points for Jeanfield yesterday. Slow start again but rallied well to get themselves on top. Was in the balance for a while at 2-1 down but 3 well worked goals late on to take the points. (After Musselburgh were down to 10)
Good to see a couple of injured players returning to the squad too.
More tough games to come.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 20:59, the tin man said:

Can some1 clarify this as not 1 o ma pals ken emoji23.png does 3 go up n down. The winners go up does 2nd place go in to play off wi 2nd fi other league

Correct... bottom 3 in Premier Division are relegated; winners of both First Division conferences are promoted with the runners-up having a 2-leg playoff on May 23rd & 30th for promotion.

There are also special conditions to ensure the Premier Division stays at an even number. For example: if say Bo'ness or Penicuik were promoted, but Dalbeattie or Gretna relegated from LL (they'd drop into SOSL), then both conference runners-up would be promoted, with no playoff required... i.e. 3 down/4 up.

There is also an unlikely scenario by which a 4th club could be relegated: if say Brora were promoted to SPFL2 and Albion Rovers or Stenhousemuir relegated into LL and both Vale of Leithen and Edinburgh Uni relegated from LL into EOS Premier i.e. 4 down/3 up.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Division effectively coalesces into 4 mini-leagues for the next month as it's  "derby time". Be interesting to see which clubs emerge as local top-dogs:

East Lothian
Dec 28th     Musselburgh v Dunbar, Tranent v Camelon
Jan 4th         Dunbar v Camelon, Musselburgh v Tranent
Jan 11th      Camelon v Musselburgh, Tranent v Dunbar

Midlothian
Dec 21st     Penicuik v Whitehill
Dec 28th     Newtongrange v Jeanfield
Jan 4th        Jeanfield v Penicuik, Newtongrange v Whitehill
Jan 11th      Penicuik v Newtongrange, Whitehill v Jeanfield

West Lothian
Dec 21st     Bo'ness v Broxburn
Dec 28th     Linlithgow v Blackburn
Jan 4th        Bo'ness v Linlithgow, Broxburn v Blackburn
Jan 11th      Blackburn v Bo'ness, Linlithgow v Broxburn

Fife
Dec 28th     Crossgates v Dundonald, Hill of Beath v Sauchie
Jan 4th        Hill of Beath v Crossgates, Sauchie v Dundonald
Jan 11th      Crossgates v Sauchie, Dundonald v Hill of Beath

I'll fife ye[emoji39]

Division effectively coalesces into 4 mini-leagues for the next month as it's  "derby time". Be interesting to see which clubs emerge as local top-dogs:

East Lothian

Midlothian

West Lothian
Jan 4th        Bo'ness v Linlithgow, Broxburn v Blackburn
Jan 11th      Blackburn v Bo'ness, Linlithgow v Broxburn

Fife
Dec 28th     Crossgates v Dundonald, Hill of Beath v Sauchie
Jan 4th        Hill of Beath v Crossgates, Sauchie v Dundonald
Jan 11th      Crossgates v Sauchie, Dundonald v Hill of Beath

13 minutes ago, guinness said:

I'll fife yeemoji39.png

47 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

East Lothian

Midlothian

West Lothian