EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

15 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A lovely thought but it simply isn't going to happen.  The last time they were in the brown stuff (2016/17) they pulled themselves out of trouble fairly comfortably.    

15 hours ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Wouldn’t think so. They’ve got enough about them to be better than those at the very bottom.
Might not be a great season but should consolidate this year and give the new boss a chance to build.

' Give the new boss a chance to build'

Bradley 2 league losses in 6 - Sacked

New boss 3 league losses in 4 and in the cups - hammered by Falkirk, hammered by Camelon, beaten by Whitehill who dominated.

9 points in the 1st week of the season.

6 points from then till mid December.

No impact from the new manager who was a baffling appointment at the time. Signing a name rather than someone who knows the league and the history.

The only thing that might save Linlithgow is the number of home league games left to play. No doubt the name Linlithgow and the venue will scare a few visiting teams which should give the required points for SAFETY.

But for many teams the fear factor of playing Linlithgow has gone. Teams setting up to win the games rather than contain. 

If I was a supporter I would be worried.

7 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Didn’t see the Broxburn dominance first half  but certainly did see the Cookie dominance second thought we should have scored more                                               Credit to both teams for playing good football on such a horrendous day

I thought we're lacking yesterday. Only one team went to win the game and it certainly wasn't Broxburn. We had an ok spell for 30 minutes, and I think we was lucky not to lose 4-1.  We never changed anything and pretty much we got what we deserved from the game. Pencuik knew how we would play and no surprises from us, even in the subs.  I'm a bit astonished that any Broxburn fan could think we where unlucky not to get something out the game. Worrying times if we keep on losing because I'm now looking at the bottom of the table.

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

I thought we're lacking yesterday. Only one team went to win the game and it certainly wasn't Broxburn. We had an ok spell for 30 minutes, and I think we was lucky not to lose 4-1.  We never changed anything and pretty much we got what we deserved from the game. Pencuik knew how we would play and no surprises from us, even in the subs.  I'm a bit astonished that any Broxburn fan could think we where unlucky not to get something out the game. Worrying times if we keep on losing because I'm now looking at the bottom of the table.

Pretty much how I saw it Penicuik the better team

On 08/12/2019 at 17:12, cookieboy said:

Pretty much how I saw it Penicuik the better team

Broxburn has 3 good chances first half one cleared off the line (at least part of the ball was over the line) a free header over the bar and the striker took one too many touch when 1 on 1. 

Broxburn keeper only has one thing to do in first half and that was very near halftime.

Second half totally different only one team in it and Penicuik could have scored a couple more.

On 07/12/2019 at 18:33, newcastle broon said:

Try being a ww fan,players outplayed by a far better team today. Far too easy goals conceded again. Keeper saves pen,a one on one and tips a certain goal onto the bar to prevent further embarrassment. WW score in 76 mins which might've been our only chance in them 76 mins. A couple chances after that but game was long gone. 

You could see that WW have some good older pros with a mix of youth, I just thought that Dunbar were hungrier and quicker to every ball. From seeing how far they have come in the last 3/4 years, I thought they were magic on Saturday.

I have now seen the majority of teams come to NCP and can honestly say that Dunbar have not been overawed in any of the games, which was certainly a worry at the start of the season heading into a new league.

It will be nip and tuck whether they can beat the drop, but it really is a fantastic league, with any team capable of beating another, on their day.

Edited by #DUFC

On 10/12/2019 at 10:06, #DUFC said:

You could see that WW have some good older pros with a mix of youth, I just thought that Dunbar were hungrier and quicker to every ball. From seeing how far they have come in the last 3/4 years, I thought they were magic on Saturday.

I have now seen the majority of teams come to NCP and can honestly say that Dunbar have not been overawed in any of the games, which was certainly a worry at the start of the season heading into a new league.

It will be nip and tuck whether they can beat the drop, but it really is a fantastic league, with any team capable of beating another, on their day.

It won't be nip and tuck. Dunbar will not be relegated.

6 hours ago, The Faceman said:

It won't be nip and tuck. Dunbar will not be relegated.

2 wins & 2 draws in our last 4 league games which is great. We are however very much in a relegation battle, with I would say 6 other teams. Currently only 2 points above that last relegation spot, so it’s a pretty bold statement. It’s all about putting these little runs together to try and get a bit of breathing space. Away to Sauchie and Musselburgh next 2, let’s see where we are after these 2 games.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

You cannot possibly say for certain who will or won't be relegated amongst those clubs in the bottom half of the table. It's going to be a fight right to the end of the season.

I disagree, can't see major movement at either end of the table 

Edited by The Faceman