EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

4 hours ago, NL Observer said:

Not at all. I`m pretty sure you get my point however continue to pick holes in what i am  trying to put across.

Expectations from committees/ boards/ supporters are set at the start of the season and in my opinion are primarily based on budgets available to the manager. You cant expect Hearts and Hibs to go toe to toe with the Old Firm as they simply cant compete financially. I personally feel it would be unreasonable to have that expectation.

Not one person would have expected Newtongrange to win the league this year. The reason being they simply wouldn't have the budget for it, not because of the management team they had.

Surely the  seasons goal for Newtongrange would be survival, and if they exceed that they could compete within the mid-top end of the table. With all this in mind Newtongrange are effectively on par with where they should have been expected to be.

I do get your point but I do not have a clue what my teams budget is or any of the other teams  in the league and I’m almost certain neither does anyone that is my point

EoS Premier Division

Blackburn United 1-4 Newtongrange Star
Camelon Juniors 3-1 Sauchie Juniors
Crosgates Primrose 2-2 Dunbar United
Dundonald Bluebell P-P Jeanfield Swifts
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 1-2 Bo'ness United
Whitehill Welfare 0-1 Tranent Juniors

image.png.819484210572c6cdea50c403f7eec91a.png

Bo'ness were trailing 1-0 until equalising at 79 mins. Then grabbed the win with a second goal at 88 mins. Potentially vital 3 points denying HoB points and keeping some distance from Camelon and Tranent who won today.

Rejigged defence due to injury was exploited by Star today. Had two U20's who played the full 90 last night come off the bench with another unused due to lack of personnel compared to last week, that said Star deserved the win and took full advantage. A disappointingly dreich day.

Another single goal defeat for ww. Tranent were worthy of the points based on a one sided 1st half but last 15 mins the darkness may have sneaked a point for ww 🙊. Gotta turn the corner soon,good game v Dunbar in a fortnight. All is not lost yet,plenty to play for. Mon the welfare !!

5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Another single goal defeat for ww. Tranent were worthy of the points based on a one sided 1st half but last 15 mins the darkness may have sneaked a point for ww 🙊. Gotta turn the corner soon,good game v Dunbar in a fortnight. All is not lost yet,plenty to play for. Mon the welfare !!

Their is plenty of points too pick up it looks like it will go to the death at both ends of the table

9 minutes ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

Heard Whitehill v Tranent finished in the dark? Anyone there?!?

How were the other 2KO non floodlit games?

Yip was very dim at the end (see post above yours). But wi nearing end of November and big black skies throughout the day I'd imagine many non floodlit games were struggling towards a 3.40 ish finish. 

I would imagine that the usual Dunbar posters are too upset to post this but it has been confirmed on the club's Twitter feed.

Club secretary Malcolm Jones was taken ill at yesterday's game and unfortunately has passed away.

I knew Malcolm for a number of years. He was very hardworking for the club, from doing the administration work behind the scenes to helping sweep out dressing rooms (both at home and away) after the match. He was always generous whenever I attended Dunbar matches, you never really saw him get rattled by adverse results or decisions and of the tributes I've seen from other clubs so far he was very well liked. 

He will certainly be missed very much at New Countess Park.

RIP Malcolm and thank you for everything 

7 minutes ago, BigTlass said:

Yeh it was pretty bad. Should b starting games at 1.30 if no floodlights imo !

It used to be  1.45 back when City played in the EOS at grounds with no lights- meant you were in the pub early on a Saturday afternoon or if the game was off you could get to Tynie or Easter Road instead

Heard Whitehill v Tranent finished in the dark? Anyone there?!?
How were the other 2KO non floodlit games?

Given the circumstances at Humbug Park, I can confirm it was dull, drizzly, wet and getting darkish by the time the ref blew the final whistle. IMG_3267.jpg
But by then, no-one was paying much attention. I was up on main road awaiting the ambulances. Sad day.

On 25/11/2019 at 10:50, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

Given the circumstances at Humbug Park, I can confirm it was dull, drizzly, wet and getting darkish by the time the ref blew the final whistle. IMG_3267.jpg
But by then, no-one was paying much attention. I was up on main road awaiting the ambulances. Sad day.

Still Can't get my head round this. Absolutely devastating 

JONES
Malcolm

(Dunbar)

Very suddenly on Saturday 23rd November 2019, Malcolm, loving husband of Fiona, dearly loved dad of Geoff, Russell and Graeme, dear and devoted grandad of his five grandchildren, much loved brother of John, a very good friend of many. A funeral service to which all family and friends are invited will be held at Belhaven Church, on Friday 6th December at 10.30am, followed by a private family interment.

1 hour ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

JONES
Malcolm

(Dunbar)

Very suddenly on Saturday 23rd November 2019, Malcolm, loving husband of Fiona, dearly loved dad of Geoff, Russell and Graeme, dear and devoted grandad of his five grandchildren, much loved brother of John, a very good friend of many. A funeral service to which all family and friends are invited will be held at Belhaven Church, on Friday 6th December at 10.30am, followed by a private family interment.

Yup. I will be there. Thanks for the info Ali