EoS Premier Thread 2019-20

The trees at the golf course end don't allow much sun through them. 80% of the park was playable but the goals at that end were frozen solid

I'm a bit surprised by that as the pitch at Lochee United was perfectly fine today. Has it been that much colder in Perth?

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I'm a bit surprised by that as the pitch at Lochee United was perfectly fine today. Has it been that much colder in Perth?

How far is Dundee away from Perth?

Haddington is 9 miles from Ormiston (a lot less than above) Haddington on but Ormiston off.

My back garden is 20 yards away from my front garden, once you negotiate a bad turning round the side of the house.

my back garden was unplayable but I could do slide tackles without any ice burns in the front garden.

Went along and took in crossgates v whitehill yesterday, it was pretty decent game. the away team having some good chances unfortunately not clinical in front of goal, crossgates took their chances at the right time I felt difference with archie campbell up top and a player I enjoyed seeing in a shire top few years ago Mickey Dunlop commanding at the back certainly helped yesterday. 

where whitehill are going is abit of a shock to me (probs should of checked the league table first lol) , although they played some decent football yesterday they need a striker to stick the ball in the net.

lastly thought chris templeton has signed for crossgates he wasn't involved ?

9 minutes ago, forrie_1 said:

Went along and took in crossgates v whitehill yesterday, it was pretty decent game. the away team having some good chances unfortunately not clinical in front of goal, crossgates took their chances at the right time I felt difference with archie campbell up top and a player I enjoyed seeing in a shire top few years ago Mickey Dunlop commanding at the back certainly helped yesterday. 

where whitehill are going is abit of a shock to me (probs should of checked the league table first lol) , although they played some decent football yesterday they need a striker to stick the ball in the net.

They have keith lough who was a goalscorer at bonnyrigg not sure if hes been playing as he went off injured against us

15 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sauchie's points deduction dropped them adrift afoot the division and could have seen them enter a slump. Instead they've come roaring back like a hungry lion in a chop house and now within 1pt of safety position.

Binning the manager and the players he signed in the Summer and replacing said footballers with the likes of Jon Tully may have more to do with it!

Understand they also released three players during the week.

5 hours ago, forrie_1 said:

Templeman has certainly played 4 or 5 games from what I've see. Not sure if he's there every week though?

Campbell will score goals and win games for Crossgates. Doing no bad with Shaq on the bench too!

On 07/11/2019 at 17:38, Casey Jones said:

You were doing so well; then you go and crash and burn at the same time! I let you win 1-0 cause when I looked at your response there wasn't much I could argue about. Then when you didn't come back on MK, I revised to 1-1.

Purely on HoB & Jeanfield you have lost it! You cannot say in last 4 years that Burgh have been better than HoB. If you do, shake out of it! We got relegated 16-17 HoB didn't. Spent 1 yr in a lower division then last year HoB were 15-20 mins away from winning our conference. We were close to them as both W1 D1 L1 against each other, but we weren't in with chance of league. Last week got hammered 3-0. 

Less of a difference is Jeanfield but remember they stayed in Super League at end of 2016-17, when we got relegated. Last season they'd improved a lot since 2016-17 where we improved. Two weeks ago we got hammered 6-3.

Balance of probabilities is that currently both are better than us! If you think otherwise, just now, you need to get your tinted specks off!

A different question is, should we be bigger/better than both clubs? My answer is, most definitely, but we have to get there first and once we are there; stay there! 

Next question can/will we be bigger/ better than both clubs? My answer; as above.

What you are missing is the word potential! We have the potential to do both of the above and I think we can and will. 

Currently, your thought process is way out! I want to say what you are saying, but I will say it when the facts (not fantasy) speak for themselves. I believe we have the current persons within the club to achieve this.

What I was trying to say is we shouldn't be classing teams that are similar to us as bigger teams otherwise based on your post above that doesn't leave many teams who we are better than and means that we should expect to lose every game - 

I am not sure a team that was in the Super League for 7 odd years reaching 2 Scottish Junior Cup finals twice in the last 10 years should be classing themselves as not bigger than teams like those listed above. You yourself rightfully mention attendances as well - way ahead there as well.

I am not sure what you mean at the start about MK i am maybe reading it wrong or missed something.

Anyway Huge LEAGUE game next week. I would put Camelon in the same boat as Hill of Beath (established big club) but can't see them winning the league. There for they are there for the beating

13 hours ago, The Faceman said:

What I was trying to say is we shouldn't be classing teams that are similar to us as bigger teams otherwise based on your post above that doesn't leave many teams who we are better than and means that we should expect to lose every game - 

I am not sure a team that was in the Super League for 7 odd years reaching 2 Scottish Junior Cup finals twice in the last 10 years should be classing themselves as not bigger than teams like those listed above. You yourself rightfully mention attendances as well - way ahead there as well.

I am not sure what you mean at the start about MK i am maybe reading it wrong or missed something.

Anyway Huge LEAGUE game next week. I would put Camelon in the same boat as Hill of Beath (established big club) but can't see them winning the league. There for they are there for the beating

Go back and look at your previous posts, then you will see what I mean! I was a bit disappointed with your remark at that time

Edited by Casey Jones

12 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Go back and look at your previous posts, then you will see what I mean! I was a bit disappointed with your remark at that time

I think maybe I answered that point there. I was questioning if the team maybe were missing a bit of motivation for the run of the mill league games. Not any one individual.

Screenshot_2019-11-11-07-20-27-1.png

23 hours ago, Jason King said:

Binning the manager and the players he signed in the Summer and replacing said footballers with the likes of Jon Tully may have more to do with it!

Understand they also released three players during the week.

Who was released?

4 hours ago, The Faceman said:

I think maybe I answered that point there. I was questioning if the team maybe were missing a bit of motivation for the run of the mill league games. Not any one individual.

Screenshot_2019-11-11-07-20-27-1.png

Got you!! You didn't mean Mathu, when you were taking about the team - just the rest of the players....!!

I don't think any of them lack motivation but I cant answer for any of them on this. 

Perhaps we agree to disagree and let this one get lost in oblivion!

3 hours ago, Che Dail said:

...or even just take this relentless debate over to the Musselburgh thread and leave the rest of us in peace 😉 👋

I react to most posts that concern Musselburgh, mainly due to only 2-3 posters on the Burgh page. This 'discussion / dirge just happened to be on the Preview League page which Musselburgh is involved! 

I was trying to put a stop on it until you came into the discussion so you created addition comment. No likey ? No readey!!!

46 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I react to most posts that concern Musselburgh, mainly due to only 2-3 posters on the Burgh page. This 'discussion / dirge just happened to be on the Preview League page which Musselburgh is involved! 

I was trying to put a stop on it until you came into the discussion so you created addition comment. No likey ? No readey!!!

🤣🤣 dirge, brilliant 👍

It was a good chat, just ran it's course about 15 posts ago 😊

On 10/11/2019 at 10:20, AlanCamelonfan said:

They have keith lough who was a goalscorer at bonnyrigg not sure if hes been playing as he went off injured against us

Seen Whitehill at Broxburn earlier in the season. My thoughts are also they are a decent side but look like they will struggle to score goals. 

18 hours ago, Che Dail said:

...or even just take this relentless debate over to the Musselburgh thread and leave the rest of us in peace 😉 👋

15 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Now I have had to come back to agree with you! 😄

On 10/11/2019 at 15:23, leomessi1984 said:

Templeman has certainly played 4 or 5 games from what I've see. Not sure if he's there every week though?

Campbell will score goals and win games for Crossgates. Doing no bad with Shaq on the bench too!

Campbell was different class on Saturday mate, certainly made his experience count 

EoS Premier Division

Bo'ness United 0-1 Blackburn United
Broxburn Athletic 1-3 Linlithgow Rose
Dunbar United 1-1 Tranent Juniors
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 6-2 Dundonald Bluebell
Jeanfield Swifts P-P
Musselburgh Athletic 2-0 Camelon Juniors
Newtongrange Star 0-5 Penicuik Athletic
Sauchie Juniors 1-1 Crossgates Primrose

image.png.20724d6b8bd761e5b967ef5960619ac6.png

Well done to Blackburn and Musselburgh picking up wins against the Top 2.